What were the sword buffs to Elementalist Weaver in this patch?

OutOfOrder.3719

There was also a damage increase to the dual sword attacks for Pyro Vortex and Natural Frenzy.

Didn't see these the first time I read it. Not bad! I think I love this patch so far.

Buffs to condition Engineer, nerfs to Condition Mirage and Scourge.

I'm just wondering if there were any small damage buffs for sword elementalist that were undocumented :)

Actually genuine. Probably not enough changes, but if we got a balance patch like this every 2 months, PvP will be in much better state.

I main Scourge and Weaver by the way. So.... bias?

It actually really upsets me when players just pick Scourge and play the class poorly. Will have to wait and see whether the Scourge changes to Sceptor Boon corruption nerf or Dhummfire + Blood as Sand nerf will be enough to make bad players stop picking Scourge and win with it anyway.

more like sword nerf because you can't even cast your water dual skills behind you to kite now rofl. Meanwhile, mesmers still get to cast their 1200 range phantasms behind their backs and you get something that makes no sense like engi's rifle net shot and dh's longbow deflection shot where they aim in front of them but the projectile flies backwards

Natural frenzy is the only water skill that does not hit behind the elementalist now. It even had a 33 % damage buff.

Now if Riptide was effected or other water sword skills were effected and you can no longer hit someone behind you while kiting, that would be awful.

Natural frenzy is only a Water / Earth skill and there are 3 other elemental dual sword skills that were left untouched.

Correct me wrong, but I think only Natural frenzy from a Sword Weaver no longer hits from behind.

Yes Staff elementalist was nerfed.

@OutOfOrder.3719 said:Natural frenzy is the only water skill that does not hit behind the elementalist now. It even had a 33 % damage buff.

Now if Riptide was effected or other water sword skills were effected and you can no longer hit someone behind you while kiting, that would be awful.

Natural frenzy is only a Water / Earth skill and there are 3 other elemental dual sword skills that were left untouched.

Correct me wrong, but I think only Natural frenzy from a Sword Weaver no longer hits from behind.

Yes Staff elementalist was nerfed.

Shearing Edge: This skill will no longer fire at targets behind the elementalist. The only water dual skill left is fire/water and that's a melee that also doesn't hit behind you.

The skills that got buffed had poor damage anyway. Cauterizing strike, quantum strike are dual attunement skills that really put you at a disadvantage in PVP. Pyro vortexes... well, people always just stepped out of them, so it is not helpful they last longer. A small PVE buff though (not in total, of course, with Elements of Rage nerf).

Ele was in a good spot though, so no changes needed. Everything worked fine. :trollface:

I mean, I did never expect a major rework - hell, no they keep the next one for mesmers I guess - and only number tweaks, but I expected some more. Stupid interns, did only start with ele yesterday!

@OutOfOrder.3719 said:Thank you for confirming this.

But it is a sword 3 skill with a small Area of Effect. So I don't know if a small AoE should hit enemies behind you as you run.

dh's deflecting shot is a small aoe, pierce, longer range, and unblockable. berserker's flaming flurry is also small aoe and can hit behind you, If you want to talk about aoe skills shouldn't be able hit behind you, almost every aoe ground targeted skills can be cast and hit behind you. There are just some skills that can be cast and hit behind you while running, even ones that goes through walls, and removing the ability for these skills to do that is a nerf.

Archived