Condi Reaper?

Dust Errant.3081

All I can find is people talking about Scourge and Power Reaper. With Scourges being nerfed to the ground, is Condi Reaper the go to PVE spec? Or do the Power buffs put Power Reaper above Condi Reaper? I just want to know what I should be doing with my Necro , besides the obvious choice of picking another profession lol.

@Sephylon.4938 said:Feelings are too hot atm to get a reasonable response. Additionally benchmarking still has to be done. You should get a proper answer for this question with in a few days to a week.Now if you'll excuse me, I have some more sarcasm to dish out.

Fair enough. I just feel like I'm the only Condi Reaper here with all the attention on Scourge and Power reaper -_-

As a fellow Condi Reaper main, I can give you a ballpark answer to go off for now until proper benchmarks get done.

Condi Reaper has been for the most part unchanged the last few balance patches, and this one is no exception. As such, it's likely a damage value somewhere in the ballpark of 30k dps or so on the golem will be the result, based on the benchmark performed by Farbstoff.

Condi reaper use actively some reaper shroud skills that were buffed in power damage in the patch and condi scourge, which was dealing as much dps as condi reaper, have been nerfed. So yeah, now condi reaper is necromancer's top dps spec. This certainly won't please the power reaper crew's eyes and in the following days we will probably have more "nerf deathly chill" threads.

Just a short reminder this is "raid" scenario talk from most. It's a different game when you need solid defenses. Here from what i've experienced it's a simple divide - condi reaper will lose a lot of dps if he wants defensive utilities/ traits, scourge won't lose that much.

Reverse is true for power builds.

@"Dadnir.5038" said:Condi reaper use actively some reaper shroud skills that were buffed in power damage in the patch and condi scourge, which was dealing as much dps as condi reaper, have been nerfed. So yeah, now condi reaper is necromancer's top dps spec. This certainly won't please the power reaper crew's eyes and in the following days we will probably have more "nerf deathly chill" threads.Since the PvE viper condi reaper runs GS and makes heavy use of reaper shroud, I can even get over the fact that it's technically a condi build. It plays almost the same like power reaper. Scepter is much more boring than axe but that's it.

In WvW/PvP it's still worse than power as the 1-bleed-DC is too weak. I'd like to see GS hybrid reaper more viable.

Archived