Dual seats for mounts

Alga.6498

HTGL6uD.jpg(Credits to Carlyn Lim, Lead concept artist at ArenaNet for this concept art)

Would you like to see an additional seat on your mount(s) to ride beside with your friend all over Tyria?If not, would you consider it?

I personally would love to have dual seats! After seeing a coupe of mount concept arts by ANet's amazing skilled artists, it seems like they were even consider it to make it dual! I wonder why it didn't turn out in the end, :(It would be great if they worked similar as World of Warcraft's mounts- dual seats, kind of..

Voted no. Not because I wouldn't like the idea, more options are always better. But mounts are rather easy to get and I'd rather have them develop something else instead. It's a luxury thing that probably wouldn't pay for itself unlike other features like build templates, playable tengu or capes.

I haven't voted quite yet because I'm stuck in the middle on it. Side note though: dang that art is NICE (I want that backpack in it. And Spear. And that cute flag).

The dual seats sounds nice but I would personally likely never use it unless it was flopped into a LS episode or something. Which sounds kinda fun now that I think about it. Outside of that though, I'm not exactly one with friends and everyone I know playing in the game kinda just do their own thing with their own mount. I'm sure roleplayers and people with close buddies would love it though so if it ever gets into the game, more power to them! c:

Edit: I voted yes because the more I think about it the more fun it sounds.

I always imagined that to be fun. However I wouldn’t need them to add that option to all mounts or the current ones we have. I‘d rather have them make a new mount who has the ability for that (even though I think being able to duo ride a griffon would be cool)

@Zeivu.3615 said:Why? Anyone with PoF can earn their own. If you are in a Vanilla map, just use those Teleport to Friend stones that Arenanet tosses at us with violent force. lol

Yeah, I keep using ToF on a daily base across my characters, I still have like over 210 left of them, :lol:

Indeed though, we don't need this thanks to waypoints and comparing to WoW, you actually have to use your mount to move around maps, but it could be a nice feature just for fun and perhaps we get even bigger maps in our 3rd expansion, :)

@Rauderi.8706 said:I had fun with it in WoW. Handy way to help a friend get around.(Or fall of a cliff in Sholazar Basin and get both of us killed. >.>)

I once asked my husband to fly one of my alts to the Alliance shrine in Pandaria. He got on his flying two-seater mount, and we flew over. Unfortunately, he flew us right to the Horde one (he mains Horde), and I didn't notice until he got too close. We died a painful death. Very, very painful.

If they can overcome the inherent problems associated with two player characters on the same mount with vastly different pings, and the problems with syncing and graphical glitching/displacement that can arise as a result, then yes I'd love them. If not though, then no, they wouldn't be a good addition.(e.g. Black Desert Online has doubling on mounts, but the de-syncing that occurs is horrible.)

@"Reverielle.3972" said:If they can overcome the inherent problems associated with two player characters on the same mount with vastly different pings, and the problems with syncing and graphical glitching/displacement that can arise as a result, then yes I'd love them. If not though, then no, they wouldn't be a good addition.(e.g. Black Desert Online has doubling on mounts, but the de-syncing that occurs is horrible.)

This, mostly. Most mounts in Runes of Magic were single-seat (although the "Rune Disk" was more like a Silver-Surfer skateboard-without-wheels, so you rode it standing up, but solo), but they did have two-seat mounts.

And the two-seat mounts were erratic because of the game's "loose" client/server sync behaviour. Under normal circumstances, this looseness caused minor problems:

• A foe directly in front of you might be "too far" or "not in line of sight" (meaning it was really behind you).
  • A foe apparently ten to fifteen feet in front was really behind that bush over there, still in range of your bow, but hidden, so it looked like a three-inch-high bump in the ground was blocking your line of sight.
  • If you were tight-rope walking on a narrow beam or a rope, the server might suddenly be convinced you fell off even though the client thought you didn't, and the distance between your client's opinion and the server's opinion would be too great, and the server would summarily kill you.

The last one of these caused some oddities:

• I was walking on a narrow beam inside my house, and even though RoM houses are "safe" areas where you cannot take damage, suddenly I was dead, prompting a forum thread titled "I died in my house!"
  • Two-seat mounts were notorious for killing the passenger because now there were three different machines that were keeping track of everybody's position.

When they proposed a six-seat mount in a future release, it was greeted on the forums with ridicule, as an ideal way for the riders to commit mass murder of their passengers.

That said, the client/server sync system in GW2 is considerably less "loose" than RoM's (almost all games are less loose than RoM in this respect).

While I'm not opposed to the idea, I could see it leading to "tours" being sold, where someone with a dual-mount would ferry someone through the maps for a fee. Now I have multiple accounts, so could then do so as well on my alts, but I don't see that as a healthy thing for the game.

I cant see why anyone would vote no against a new feature. While the amount of work might not be worth it, I generally answer the question for the idea itself.

I wouldnt dislike a multiperson mount. So yes.

I personally would also include multi person vehicles, where one or multiple persons operate a turret/turrets while the other drives.

Maybe I played too much halo with my sisters xD

Archived