WvW Rank Icon

Raven.1524

Would it be hard to implement rank icons like in pvp for the top server next to their name to show if the player is on a 1st/2nd/3rd position in the current match up? Just so it would be like a fluff incentive to show off in the pve world.Would it be a good incentive to make the mode more competitive for more casual players? (It is pretty competitive for fighting guilds without that though)Also, having a ppt emblem or a fight guild emblem, would also be really helpful to easily identify what type of commander you are following, but that thing seems more complex.

@XenesisII.1540 said:People want to show off they're last in a matchup?Competitive for casual players when they have little to no control over the outcome of the match?Why would anyone want to put on a ppt emblem?

People want to show off they are firstMaybe, but it makes the match feel more relevantTo show that they will be focusing on ppt instead of going to fights. It's not that unusual nor bad. Some like to focus on ppt, some like to fight, some like to roam

Not trying to sound too harsh, but the match winners are usually pretty obvious week after week, with the exception of tanking issues. An icon won't change that. Side note - if you play long enough, you'll know the commanders and commanding styles for your current match/link.

I doubt anyone in PvE would care about a WvW icon because of the implementation of mega-servers, but I get where you are coming from.

As others have said, I don't want to be marked as 2nd or 3rd place if my server decides to game the system and tank. I also don't want to be marked 1st for the same reason. The way the system currently stands, winners and losers don't mean much. Please Anet, hurry up with Alliances! ;)

@XenesisII.1540 said:Yes well while you're showing off you're first, there are people who are second and last, yes I'd like to walk around with a 3rd place badge next to my name for something I have no control over.How about giving us a badge for showing off our wvw rank instead.

I don't get it, wasn't the pvp badge a toggle feature? Why are you talking about it being something that has to be shown all the time?

@Raven.1524 said:Would it be hard to implement rank icons like in pvp for the top server next to their name to show if the player is on a 1st/2nd/3rd position in the current match up? Just so it would be like a fluff incentive to show off in the pve world.Would it be a good incentive to make the mode more competitive for more casual players? (It is pretty competitive for fighting guilds without that though)Also, having a ppt emblem or a fight guild emblem, would also be really helpful to easily identify what type of commander you are following, but that thing seems more complex.

Did they not disable these pvp icons near the character name because it caused more lag?

Naw, this would create a type of visual elitism imo. Same servers are typically 1st unless they tank. Some servers it would rarely change and def would not make WvW more competitive as servers that are winning now will continue to win, thus those servers that don't win often will mostly sport the 3rd place regardless if they had control or not.

@Raven.1524 said:Would it be hard to implement rank icons like in pvp for the top server next to their name to show if the player is on a 1st/2nd/3rd position in the current match up?

This is a terrible idea, no one really cares what place they are in a MU anymore, and even if they did you do not need an icon on the name plate for it. If anything they should add mithril/diamond etc rank icons, you know for actual ranks earned...

@Raven.1524 said:Would it be hard to implement rank icons like in pvp for the top server next to their name to show if the player is on a 1st/2nd/3rd position in the current match up? Just so it would be like a fluff incentive to show off in the pve world.Would it be a good incentive to make the mode more competitive for more casual players? (It is pretty competitive for fighting guilds without that though)Also, having a ppt emblem or a fight guild emblem, would also be really helpful to easily identify what type of commander you are following, but that thing seems more complex.

id love this.

anet give us a goal.

in sports we get medals. its not much but the prestiege is enough.

Archived