Elixr U Got Stab... Really? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Elixr U Got Stab... Really?

Zuko.7132Zuko.7132 Member ✭✭✭

Does no one remember when Anet had to nerf corona burst because holo mode and easy stab was too strong? And now Anet added stab to a skill that was already meta and has quickness to boot? Throw in the no condi damage during elixr s and holo is the real winner of this balance patch. Holo is gonna be the new mirage. I'm calling it now.

Comments

• ZeteCommander.4937ZeteCommander.4937 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 12, 2018

holo damage too crazy.What is anet thinking about? power damage needs to be reduced. Holo has enough damage but no high risk,it should increase Deactivate Photon Forge cooldown and reduce Heat Lost

• ukuni.8745ukuni.8745 Member ✭✭

They did remove the very strong walls from the toss elixir u which was quite strong buttttt yea that change to invuln was a huge buff that core engi needed but not holo kinda made the removal of condi change on elixirs redundant now

• Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

@ApaWanka.2698 said:
    As an holo I'm not happy with ElixirU change. We already had enough Quickness and Stab, we dont need more.... we were happy with the defensive wall.

so no more defensive wall on ELixir U?

Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/mc_celestia
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

• Luca.4670Luca.4670 Member ✭✭

Yolosmith had enough BS stuff already, now even more buffed lol. What a joke.

• Chaith.8256Chaith.8256 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 11, 2018

Toss Elixir U changes off-set the stab added to Elixir U, overall I'd say it's about where it was, slightly buffed. The meta Holosmith builds won't necessarily use this, the new Elixirsmith ones are. They're new and shiny but probably still objectively not superior to other options

The straight buff to Holosmith was passive S allowing you to live more reliably. However, a few professions with invuln got the same

twitch.tv/chaithh
    Forum Lord Chaith

• Peutrifectus.4830Peutrifectus.4830 Member ✭✭✭

I'm very glad to see a bit of quickness and stability for core builds but the danger is always that this can spill into already strong builds. I'm an engi main and I feel that holo is already too easy to play. This indirect buff needs addressing I think. Probably best addressed with further corona burst nerf (+2 sec cd etc) or damage reduction across the board in holo forge

Sparkr's Wonderful World of Engineering - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEONFRaJV2u2f12ytXEir9A

• GenghisKhan.7842GenghisKhan.7842 Member ✭✭✭

@Peutrifectus.4830 said:
    damage reduction across the board in holo forge

Probably the best solution

• HF have a great damage YES, thats true.... but its also true that the Holo is the only character on Gw2 that can kill himself if dont play carefully. We cant stay in HF too long and we have to wait before go in again or we can get overheated. High reward but with high risk.

Holo is in a good spot atm, but is not the top dog. Mirage can destroy an holo easy and go against a Scourge or SpB with similar skill is a 40%-60% against U at best.

Other characters have similar (or more) damage with less risk. I can take the damage reduccion on HF if that reduction is across all characters.

Play a profesion that can kill himself without the reward of have one of the best damage outputs is a nonsense when otherones can do more damage with less risk.

• Vyrulisse.1246Vyrulisse.1246 Member ✭✭✭

@Zuko.7132 said:

@ApaWanka.2698 said:
    HF have a great damage YES, thats true.... but its also true that the Holo is the only character on Gw2 that can kill himself if dont play carefully. We cant stay in HF too long and we have to wait before go in again or we can get overheated. High reward but with high risk.

Holo is in a good spot atm, but is not the top dog. Mirage can destroy an holo easy and go against a Scourge or SpB with similar skill is a 40%-60% against U at best.

Other characters have similar (or more) damage with less risk. I can take the damage reduccion on HF if that reduction is across all characters.

Play a profesion that can kill himself without the reward of have one of the best damage outputs is a nonsense when otherones can do more damage with less risk.

If ur killing urself with photon forge i don't know what to say. You have a bar on ur screen that shows you when you need to exit. It doesn't take skill to see that it's getting high and click one button.

His point was that Photon Forge doesn't last very long once you engage the enemy. The burst is survivable and if you do that you're golden.

• MyPuppy.8970MyPuppy.8970 Member ✭✭✭✭

I have yet to see a holo blowing himself up though...

• Chaith.8256Chaith.8256 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 11, 2018

@MyPuppy.8970 said:

Yeah, may as well remove the overheat function then.

Edit: Not serious, just pointing out that it does happen in 95% of competitive tiers and is a pretty annoying downside to Photon Forge

twitch.tv/chaithh
    Forum Lord Chaith

• Rym.1469Rym.1469 Member ✭✭✭

@MyPuppy.8970 said:

You haven't watched much of jawgeous on twitch, have you? 🤔

Yeah, I stream once in a blue moon.

• Anthony.3207Anthony.3207 Member ✭✭

Holosmith has to burst in a short window. If you die in that window...i don't know what to tell you. Holosmith is not so much a high risk high reward as it is a spec with a burst window and then runs / hides to coldown and then repeats the burst window again.

I am an engineer main and i really don't play spvp so i can't say if holosmiths need nerfs or not. They have a pretty basic simple gameplay. Do burst damage windows - hide and retreat. There is really not anything else going for it.

I think scrapper is probably more OP than holosmith in ranked Spvp. Scrapper brings so much ultility damage healing noobs and group support. I don't understand how people think holosmith is stronger than scrapper.

I watched chaith on twitch and he uses a scrapper spec on spvp. It is pretty sure that scrapper is the better elite spec for spvp (but i don't play spvp) so ....i think engineer is in the best spot it has ever been in years right now. It might get nerfed if people cry and complain enough.

• Rezzet.3614Rezzet.3614 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 12, 2018

people really want engineer to remain the lackluster profession of the game lol, really 1 extra stab breaks engi?

meanwhile thief,ranger,mesmer,warrior can nuke constantly while being untouchable and those are perfectly fine

theres sigils that remove boons ontop of all the anti boon skills in the game

of all professions i think only guardian and ranger do not have boon strip/corrupt

if 2 stabilities breaks engineer then warrior needs a massive nerf , they are basically unstoppable juggernauts for like 20-30 seconds

• ukuni.8745ukuni.8745 Member ✭✭

@Chaith.8256 said:

@MyPuppy.8970 said:

Yeah, may as well remove the overheat function then.

Edit: Not serious, just pointing out that it does happen in 95% of competitive tiers and is a pretty annoying downside to Photon Forge

I used pbm to much which has resulted in me getting overheat as the top damage on me far more times then id like to admit

• Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Rezzet.3614 said:
    people really want engineer to remain the lackluster profession of the game lol, really 1 extra stab breaks engi?

meanwhile thief,ranger,mesmer,warrior can nuke constantly while being untouchable and those are perfectly fine

of all professions i think only guardian and ranger do not have boon strip/corrupt

if 2 stabilities breaks engineer then warrior needs a massive nerf , they are basically unstoppable juggernauts for like 20-30 seconds

Shh, don't mention rampage. Totally balanced and not a crutch.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

edited July 12, 2018

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@Rezzet.3614 said:

Shh, don't mention rampage. Totally balanced and not a crutch.

heck i wasnt even talking about the elite skill i was talking about how warriors can go wild for 20-30s cuz of stance pulsing stab resistance and imunity , but yeah toss in rampage and add 15s more to the list .

• praqtos.9035praqtos.9035 Member ✭✭

for one, elixir u wont probably be used because toolbeltskill is very situational and dosnt rly fit SD build or conversion for that matter.
    u dying to holo burst is on u seeing that every freaking skill is telegraphed with huge lightshows so it dosnt take much to know when to dodge.
    holo's dmg was already nerfed to the ground once too btw, apparently not enough xD

been playing holo for half a year and overheat is very much a thing, being cc'ed and not able to dodge to get my heat down and im pretty much finished with 8k of self dmg + the burst i was just cc'ed to eat so yeeea , good times

• kipthelip.5802kipthelip.5802 Member ✭✭
    edited July 12, 2018

Come on when people talking about dieing from over-heating not happening they mean dieing mainly from over-heating like your too stupid to not kill yourself and toggle it out when your close to dieing. Of course sometimes you kill yourself by taking chances and staying in holo and you die to burst your were hoping you could avoid or wouldn't come and the self damage from over-heating. This is a classic case of A-net powercreep where a buff meant to make core engineer stronger is also going to make Holosmith stronger a build that doesn't need to be any stronger. Couldn't they have just made it so when you equip the Holosmith trait line Elixir H works the same way as it did in the past. I am pretty sure they did something like that with scourge in the patch an ability either didnt work or didn't work the same way when the Scourge trait line is being used.

• zoopop.5630zoopop.5630 Member ✭✭✭✭

i'm just.....here reading all these none holo players comments and how they are saying holo is now "OP" because of a rework on exilirs which imo isn't even that great overall because of the toolbelt kit abilites it comes with.....on top of the fact that we LOSE out on dps if we run the new elixir holo spec.

I'm confused on exactly what build and what some of you are here saying makes holo "op" and "busted", IF were gonna start with the nerf holo dps bs then please lets first start off with warriors and then move our way to soulbeast again because that patch that was dropped was solid but noting to consider "game breaking" just more annoying style to fight against holo using double elixir s.

• whoknocks.4935whoknocks.4935 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Zuko.7132 said:

@ApaWanka.2698 said:
    HF have a great damage YES, thats true.... but its also true that the Holo is the only character on Gw2 that can kill himself if dont play carefully. We cant stay in HF too long and we have to wait before go in again or we can get overheated. High reward but with high risk.

If ur killing urself with photon forge i don't know what to say. You have a bar on ur screen that shows you when you need to exit. It doesn't take skill to see that it's getting high and click one button.

Maybe you don't know that deactivating Photon Forge has a cooldown and if you don't manage your heat properly you overheat because can't exit.
    It's not an instant in and out ability, only enter photon forge is instant.

I don't know where people is seeing Elixir U used, nobody used it anymore in the last seasons hard light arena, photon wall and spectrum shield were the meta abilities, maybe some seldom elixir s usage and the turret for the conversion holo.

• Anthony.3207Anthony.3207 Member ✭✭

I notice scourge are the most vocal (crying) majority on the forums and mesmers thiefs necros and guardians have been OP for 8 or 9 months in spvp meanwhile engineer gets OP for 2 days - Everybody loses their mind :astonished: LOL

This community is so funny. I am not trying to instigate negativity but.

First off - i agree elixir U is strong on holosmith IF and only IF the enemy is using maurader or berserker armor. Paladin armor is much better as it is balanced in offense and defense.

Also cant necros corrupt the stab on holosmith ? and holosmith ....if they go maurader or berserker...cant you just burst him down while he is attacking you ?

I never played spvp but it seems the loudest majority ( mesmer necro thief) are always complaining and whining when they are not OP and the best at wvw and pvp. Engineer has some of the smallest player base - you don't see us crying about how unloved and unviable we were before the changes.

Any ways ...if they nerf engineer it's fine.... let the mesmers necros and thiefs have their cake. I am so used to be nerfed and unviable it doesn't even effect me anymore.

But really ...i think people are overreacting with the changes. Chiath is top engineer pvper and he's plat..... other professions can get much higher with less skill and less difficulty.

Any ways that's my opinion.

edited July 13, 2018

@zoopop.5630 said:
    i'm just.....here reading all these none holo players comments and how they are saying holo is now "OP" because of a rework on exilirs which imo isn't even that great overall because of the toolbelt kit abilites it comes with.....on top of the fact that we LOSE out on dps if we run the new elixir holo spec.

I'm confused on exactly what build and what some of you are here saying makes holo "op" and "busted", IF were gonna start with the nerf holo dps bs then please lets first start off with warriors and then move our way to soulbeast again because that patch that was dropped was solid but noting to consider "game breaking" just more annoying style to fight against holo using double elixir s.

this pretty much , heck the complaint isnt even about the elixirs but rather 1 elixir getting stability added to it
    this brings holo capability to be able to activate 2 reliable stabilities , this only speaks on how bad said players are lol

• XenoSpyro.1780XenoSpyro.1780 Member ✭✭✭

I'll miss the wall, but the U change was a needed Core change. Everybody whining about it affecting Holo is insane. Holo was and is already too strong. Stop nerfing Core to nerf the Holo.

Now bring back Tintures pls, as well as everything else that was gutted in the last year.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.