Am I the only power staff weaver that likes these changes in wvw?

notkirves.2643

The up front damage buff is huge...sure the lava font nerf hurt a bit but I really think we came out on top. I mainly run marauder but my meteor is definitely hitting harder than pre "nerf". Before id top out at around 16-18k buffed up, now im hitting up to 22k per meteor. I feel like survivability went way up with the condi changes. Between twist of fate, dodge roll, and mistform you can negate so much condi damage and cover distance to get safe for your heal/cleanse...rev's and other ele's will still oneshot but if you position right you should be able to avoid the enemy melee train most of the time

I dunno, maybe im missing something but im still top dps by a decent amount in group fights and the condi changes bumped my survivability up quite a bit

@"Dahir.4158" said:Don't count your chickens just yet, mate. Meteor Shower is bugged at the moment and a fix will probably be on the way soon. In the meantime, enjoy your 20K hits. You won't be seeing them anymore. Just like our beautiful Lava Font damage.

do you have a source for this? youre the second person to mention it. Seems to me its working as intended, the upfront damage is higher but drops off dramatically if people sit in it...I also hit someone for 2k lol

@"notkirves.2643" said:The up front damage buff is huge...sure the lava font nerf hurt a bit but I really think we came out on top. I mainly run marauder but my meteor is definitely hitting harder than pre "nerf". Before id top out at around 16-18k buffed up, now im hitting up to 22k per meteor. I feel like survivability went way up with the condi changes. Between twist of fate, dodge roll, and mistform you can negate so much condi damage and cover distance to get safe for your heal/cleanse...rev's and other ele's will still oneshot but if you position right you should be able to avoid the enemy melee train most of the time

I dunno, maybe im missing something but im still top dps by a decent amount in group fights and the condi changes bumped my survivability up quite a bit

There's no reason for Meteor Shower to deal more damage:

Meteor Shower: Fixed a bug that caused the minimum damage of this skill to be higher than intended. The expected minimum damage has been increased from 10% to 20%.

This only concerns how far it will fall off, and honestly it is not clear to me if I should expect it to fall off more or less than before.So if you're seeing higher hits, it is likely a bug pending to be fixed.Furthermore, Elements of Rage got completely destroyed. The ferocity buff got down from 400+ to like 130, which is over 66% loss. So no, I see no reason to like any of the changes.

@"shinta.8906" said:u not alone mate. i think its the right direction to get staff away from stationary pve dps balance to an actual usefull weapon when targets move out of aoe's.

You mean "get staff away from being an actual useful weapon somewhere to being equally bad everywhere"?

@"shinta.8906" said:u can have ur opinion like allways. as for me, i was never interested in staffs pve or golem abuse abilities, so yes i think its the right direction to balance staff.

TIL "right direction" is the direction you personally like.

@Feanor.2358 said:

@"shinta.8906" said:u not alone mate. i think its the right direction to get staff away from stationary pve dps balance to an actual usefull weapon when targets move out of aoe's.

You mean "get staff away from being an actual useful weapon somewhere to being equally bad everywhere"?

Sorry, but I’m WvW and PvP the nerfs were actually buffs because most people aren’t going to stand in the AoE for every tick in the first place, they’re only going to eat 1-3 ticks at most unless they’re stupid and stand in the fire, or they’re CC locked into it which ele doesn’t do too well or it’d be a very meta build in PvP. So then front loading the damage and making it lower as they eat more hits is a buff to ele in game modes where they’re not expecting to hit with all of them in the first place.

The way the buffed the spells for the first 5 hits it deals more damage, on the 6th hit it deals the same damage as pre patch and everything after that is less. So it’s a damage buff in every game mode that’s not PvE.

@Durzlla.6295 said:

Sorry, but I’m WvW and PvP the nerfs were actually buffs because most people aren’t going to stand in the AoE for every tick in the first place, they’re only going to eat 1-3 ticks at most unless they’re stupid and stand in the fire, or they’re CC locked into it which ele doesn’t do too well or it’d be a very meta build in PvP. So then front loading the damage and making it lower as they eat more hits is a buff to ele in game modes where they’re not expecting to hit with all of them in the first place.

The way the buffed the spells for the first 5 hits it deals more damage, on the 6th hit it deals the same damage as pre patch and everything after that is less. So it’s a damage buff in every game mode that’s not PvE.

MS is useless in PVP. This was something I am actually okay with - PVP- and WvW-wise. The major nerf was lava font.

@notkirves.2643 said:

@"Dahir.4158" said:Don't count your chickens just yet, mate. Meteor Shower is bugged at the moment and a fix will probably be on the way soon. In the meantime, enjoy your 20K hits. You won't be seeing them anymore. Just like our beautiful Lava Font damage.

do you have a source for this? youre the second person to mention it. Seems to me its working as intended, the upfront damage is higher but drops off dramatically if people sit in it...I also hit someone for 2k lol

It's busted. I just hit someone 10k and 14k (a little help from teammates in sPvP). By myself I can hit right under 9k. People just die if they run through the aoe.

@Megametzler.5729 said:

MS is useless in PVP. This was something I am actually okay with - PVP- and WvW-wise. The major nerf was lava font.

Yeah the lava font nerf was just uncalled for in both WvW and PvP, now if they wanted to give it the meteor shower treatment where only the first handful of ticks really matter fine, but just gutting the skill is dumb.

@OddFinrir.6801 said:

It's busted. I just hit someone 10k and 14k (a little help from teammates in sPvP). By myself I can hit right under 9k. People just die if they run through the aoe.

As far as spvp goes it’s a high risk high reward skill, you’re sqish standing still for a few seconds open to getting rolled...if the enemy team isn’t instagibbing a staff ele they’re bad and deserve to get meteored

@Feanor.2358 said:

@"notkirves.2643" said:The up front damage buff is huge...sure the lava font nerf hurt a bit but I really think we came out on top. I mainly run marauder but my meteor is definitely hitting harder than pre "nerf". Before id top out at around 16-18k buffed up, now im hitting up to 22k per meteor. I feel like survivability went way up with the condi changes. Between twist of fate, dodge roll, and mistform you can negate so much condi damage and cover distance to get safe for your heal/cleanse...rev's and other ele's will still oneshot but if you position right you should be able to avoid the enemy melee train most of the time

Meteor Shower: Fixed a bug that caused the minimum damage of this skill to be higher than intended. The expected minimum damage has been increased from 10% to 20%.

This only concerns how far it will fall off, and honestly it is not clear to me if I should expect it to fall off more or less than before.So if you're seeing higher hits, it is likely a bug pending to be fixed.Furthermore, Elements of Rage got completely destroyed. The ferocity buff got down from 400+ to like 130, which is over 66% loss. So no, I see no reason to like any of the changes.

Exactly, the ferocity scaling change for the weaver trait is a huge change , with full marauder you're only looking at about 13-14% extra crit damage.

Meteor shower in WvW was/is primarily a skill to handle siege on the inside of walls , whereas lava font provided a way to manage cannons and burning oil more effectively than auto attacking. In open field it is far harder to hit people with it (meteor shower / lava font).

Its a bug as there no info on the patch notes about MS getting a buff to its max dmg only to hits min dmg. That and every ele has less crit dmg then they did before how would that not be a bug?

There was also a no good reason nerf for wvw and spvp only because of pve was Lava faunt nerf.

It was a buff to just misform but so did every other class get a buff from inv effects and realy it dose not help all that much. Your still going to get one shot with condis as an ele before you can pop misform so its a pointless buff over all for ele.

Added note they did nerf weaver clear swap for water as well.

@shinta.8906 said:u not alone mate. i think its the right direction to get staff away from stationary pve dps balance to an actual usefull weapon when targets move out of aoe's.

Sorry, but what you are asking is for another weapon.The design of staff has always been: Slow casting, high effect, long lasting fields. Be it heals, cc or dmg. Staff is all about positioning your fields and having targets stay on it for its full duration for maximum effect.Its sort of a high risk/reward thing. The risk is that things will move out of your field, the reward is the big effect (heals, control or dmg) if they stay there.

If you want a good ranged weapon for moving targets you need to hope for Longbow or Riffle with the next e-spec, the trade off is the AoE part (usually).

has allways been sry mate but i cant hear it anymore cause it doesnt imply that it needs to be this way. do you rly think that even future pve content is based around immobile bosses with large hitboxes? anet moved on with their gamedesign and so should staff ele. if it means they need to tone down those skills that pitchen holed staff to than adjust others, so be it.

right now you see the real problems of staff and that is slow projectiles that need targets on long castingtimes that can not track down targets. basicly only 2 aoe's that do (did) dmg on an aoe weapon.. it's a very much outofdate philosophy. in order to get that right and open up ele for future content in all gamemodes i am in favor of this decission.

@Feanor.2358 said:

Tbf, getting 400+ more ferocity is kinda mental from a single trait. This kinda normalizes it.

@Yannir.4132 said:

Tbf, getting 400+ more ferocity is kinda mental from a single trait. This kinda normalizes it.

Yeah, but beside the point. It's a straight loss, and not a small one. You'd expect to see lower numbers on your hits, not higher ones.

Totally agree with you brother. It has been a blessing in wvw/pvp. As for pve, ele is still good and probs still top dps but at least it's not pulling too far ahead of any other classes that makes all other power builds considered "useless" by the mindless SC meta followers.

Archived