Sword/Pistol/Shield Holosmith PvE

Oberwaldmeister.8239

I run this currently since changes yesterday. gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUncTBlXhtbB2XBcJjF2CDMEdiCAibkY0TofNGHvjA-jBCBwARuAAp0BgT9HAPAAjK/ab+TiSwa7PAA-e With quickness up and high crit chances, can delete most things with ease. Go into holo, unload, switch to rifle and spike with 5, 3 use 4 when have stability go back into holo. Elixir S if get into trouble, elixir u is a stun breaker and gives stab. Toss it for quick damage boost when in holo.

gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAsencTBlXhtbB2XBcJjF2CTcjEjeCghoTUAofNGHvjA-jxRFwAAeBAcN/FQJ4J1fIt/QNlfY0DAA-e Updated for sword/shield, gives you more quickness and an extra blast for water field.

From a purely DPS standpoint, nothing's changed. The patch was mostly centered around core engie conditions. The changes to Elixir U does however come at a great cost. You sacrifice projectile defensive capabilities in favour of more quickness and offensive play. However, some PvE and PvP content will absolutely melt you without some form of projectile defence, so Elixir U is more of a situational skill now. Your only option is to swap it out for a lackluster photon wall if you want to keep the holosmith, use shields from weapons + toolkit (gear shield kind-of sucks after its nerf long ago), or change to Scrapper for bulwark gyro (best projectile defence option we have).

If all you care about is numbers, then Sword/Shield + Elixir U is all you need to care about. Easy combat:

1. Open attack with sword #3 Radiant Arc (2s quickness)
  2. Activate Holosmith
  3. #3 Chorona Burst (might generation) + #4 Photon Blitz (heavy dmg)
  4. Pop Elixir U + Toss Elixir U for ~15 seconds of effective quickness (duration depends on build setup)
  5. Auto attack until hot. This is core of your damage output. Just enjoy the show.
  6. Switch to sword and 3 + 2 + 1 auto attack
  7. Rinse and repeat once your heat drops to 1 bar.

Basic build that provides decent survivability and offence: Link

@"Nate.8146" said:From a purely DPS standpoint, nothing's changed. The patch was mostly centered around core engie conditions. The changes to Elixir U does however come at a great cost. You sacrifice projectile defensive capabilities in favour of more quickness and offensive play. However, some PvE and PvP content will absolutely melt you without some form of projectile defence, so Elixir U is more of a situational skill now. Your only option is to swap it out for a lackluster photon wall if you want to keep the holosmith, use shields from weapons + toolkit (gear shield kind-of sucks after its nerf long ago), or change to Scrapper for bulwark gyro (best projectile defence option we have).

If all you care about is numbers, then Sword/Shield + Elixir U is all you need to care about. Easy combat:

1. Open attack with sword #3 Radiant Arc (2s quickness)
  2. Activate Holosmith
  3. #3 Chorona Burst (might generation) + #4 Photon Blitz (heavy dmg)
  4. Pop Elixir U + Toss Elixir U for ~15 seconds of effective quickness (duration depends on build setup)
  5. Auto attack until hot. This is core of your damage output. Just enjoy the show.
  6. Switch to sword and 3 + 2 + 1 auto attack
  7. Rinse and repeat once your heat drops to 1 bar.

Basic build that provides decent survivability and offence: Link

What's up with the Elixir Gun utility skill? Is it just for the toolbelt regen?

Pretty much what Tehologist said. It's one of my staple skills that I've kept on my bar as it's a really good kit (mortar being the other). Combine super elixir's AOE heal + 1 condi cleanse with mortar's AOE heal + your own AOE healing turret and you and your allies will get quite a health jump. Fumigate along with the Purity of Purpose trait is also an amazing way to convert 5 conditions from 5 players into boons.

Sword pistol is my go to for PvE but its worth keeping a shield handy for when missiles delete you otherwise ;)

I'm running mostly berserker gear with a couple of Knight and a couple of zerk-valk trinkets runes of the scholar. Firearms 3/3/2 - tools 1/3/1 - holosmith 2/2/2 using lazer disc/photon wall/rifle turret. Much dps ;)

Archived