why does pp deadeye has so much damage?

jihm.2315

@jihm.2315 said:nerfed or not they make too much damageYeah, if you're a glass cannon with no toughness that is in which case you're supposed to take a lot of damage from other glass cannons. Defensive oriented builds have no problem outtanking P/P thiefs. If anything P/P could use a damage buff.

@Tails.9372 said:

@jihm.2315 said:nerfed or not they make too much damageYeah, if you're a glass cannon with no toughness that is in which case you're supposed to take a lot of damage from other glass cannons. Defensive oriented builds have no problem outtanking P/P thiefs. If anything P/P could use a damage buff.

By this logic, if you are spec for defense then p/p should not do any damage to you. But it does.

@Aza.2105 said:

By this logic, if you are spec for defense then p/p should not do any damage to you. But it does.Stuff like warriors with defensive investment have no problem face-tanking unload spamm, especially with the recent nerf it shouldn't be any problem for most classes to outstall their initiative.

@Tails.9372 said:

@Aza.2105 said:

By this logic, if you are spec for defense then p/p should not do any damage to you. But it does.Stuff like warriors with defensive investment have no problem face-tanking unload spamm, especially with the recent nerf it shouldn't be any problem for most classes to outstall their initiative.

Yeah, Warrior has an easy solution to Unload spamming called Shield Stance. Voila. Dead thief or a running away thief.

@Yannir.4132 said:

@Aza.2105 said:

Yeah, Warrior has an easy solution to Unload spamming called Shield Stance. Voila. Dead thief or a running away thief.

Then you don't get it. Shield stand is a skill that does not scale with defense. Defense being toughness/armor. You can wear a zerker amulet and shield stance still works the same. So what I'm saying and what you are saying are two different things. I'm saying if Unload can scale so high with damage amulets and modifiers that the opposite should also be true: Which is defense should be able to scale up high with defensive amulets and damage mitigation modifiers. However that is not the case. And this is why the game is busted.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@Offair.2563 said:Just wait now for the l2p and dodge advices.

You rang?

Dodge. They spend extra init to unload now and if all the bullets hit you, they get it back. If one misses, they lose the extra init they use for the skill.The execution is boring but beating it is not difficult by any means.wish they remove that dodge thing so things become clearer

@jihm.2315 said:i dont care if they arte not the best boost them in other parts and reduce their damage make them more balanced cause this is insane

It's a glass Cannon build. And an incredibly fragile one at that. Judging by your icon I'd say you are a ranger... Which begs the question... How the actual hell are you dieing to it.

You can outrange the build by a mile. You have interrupts that can punish the thief. Revenants seven sided strikes. Druids natural tankyness. Your traps easily discourages the Deadeye from shadow stepping. You have a pet to soak the damage for you. And so on.

@jihm.2315 said:

You rang?

Dodge. They spend extra init to unload now and if all the bullets hit you, they get it back. If one misses, they lose the extra init they use for the skill.The execution is boring but beating it is not difficult by any means.wish they remove that dodge thing so things become clearer

I don't follow

@Aza.2105 said:

@Aza.2105 said:

Then you don't get it. Shield stand is a skill that does not scale with defense. Defense being toughness/armor. You can wear a zerker amulet and shield stance still works the same. So what I'm saying and what you are saying are two different things. I'm saying if Unload can scale so high with damage amulets and modifiers that the opposite should also be true: Which is defense should be able to scale up high with defensive amulets and damage mitigation modifiers. However that is not the case. And this is why the game is busted.

Don't know why you're hanging onto my comment like that. It was mostly a joke.

Okay as I was telling the OP in this post:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/47553/deadeye-p-p-why-nerf

I am going to jump here and now defend P/P Deadeye...They are fragile and it is enough to make one error to be screwed by anything.

Seriously I am all for telling your opinion but when players come and cry about a class they don't have experience with and then get noticed by the devs and worked on the next patch just to be nerfed and then blame said devs about the nerf is.... never mind

My point is that people should stop pointing at a different class than their main because they got killed by them without them having any knowledge about said class.

This is why balancing is a difficult job. You don't know which feedback has enough experience to be trustworthy.

Simply do not get hit right away. Protect yourself as hard as you can and don't get hit. This way the thief wastes initiative and is unable to stack might to do that insane damage everyone's crying about.

Unload locks the thief into animation, so you're free to hit back knowing they won't dodge, control them and keep punishing them.

Close the gap as quickly as you can and teach the thief to respect you if you're a melee fighter.

Play some p/p thief, see the build for yourself and stop complaining.

P/P Deadeye is pretty easy to pin down and burst into oblivion.

P/P Daredevil is uncatchable (because it's Daredevil), but deals less damage and is forced into melee range when using F1.

It's a bit hard to tell, because not many competent thief players run P/P (due to its one-dimensionality), but I think the weaponset is not too stong atm.

Man, people need to learn to interrupt...

P/P can be dangerous only if they are +1ing some build that's not meant to last, in any case someone that has awarenes difficulty for different reasons, one being they are focused on something else and only that instead of the whole situation, the other they are not focused at all and they get surprised by pew pew and are not able to react.

@Aza.2105 said:

@Aza.2105 said:

Defense being toughness/armor.

In World of Warcraft.

@jihm.2315 said:

You rang?

Sorry, this isnt WoW/FF14. Combat is super active. Either learn to roll to avoid damage or suffer. Keybind it to a button so you dont have to double tap.

lol at complaining about needing to press the "dodge" button.

just about every single meta spec has an easy answer to deal with p/p DE if you aren't a bumbling noob whose first and only reaction when getting hit is "omg im getting hit, what do i do? i guess i'll stand here and keep getting hit, omg im dead"

Archived