GW2 won't start

Ailie.4837

Hey guys,

I've been playing the expansion more or less smoothly since I managed to overpass the Instance creation error situation, until this morning. Before going to work I wanted to check something IG and as always startes my GW2 client, logged in and pressed PLAY. After that the client just won't start. It just stays in the task bar as if it was open but it doesn't start the game. Hovering over the GW2 icon on the task bar just shows a tiny window with like flashing dots or numbers (it's too small to see anything). Any suggestions?

What I see is this: https://imgur.com/pp5FfeJ

Having the same problem. Game wont start. Did a repair and it didn't get fixed. My game was working fine yesterday then microsoft forced me to get the windows 10 creators upgrade and today gw2 isn't working.

Edit: Solved it. Windows 10 creator's upgrade has caused so many unexpected and bizarre issues. I had to update MSI afterburner and Rivatuner to the latest beta version and that fixed it. If you have the problem too, try that, try updating any and all drivers, if you still have problems, try booting up with as few programs and services running and see if you still have the problem before turning things on progressively and finding the culprit.

Archived