Give a skill that has the "revealed" effect to all classes with no access to stealth

schokelmei.8271

Based on the fact that Anet is either happy with the application and usage of stealth in GW2 or unable to change and balance it why not give revealed to more classes and builds. It makes absolutely no sense to have revealed on builds that aren't viable in any of the game modes (like core necro).Why not give every of the classes with no direct access to stealth at least an option to disrupt stealther a bit more easy.Make it a utility skill as you did for Spellbreaker or Ranger.

At the moment stealth is completely ridiculous if you want to fight small scale groups. With the introduction of Sniper and their option to remove revealed it's gotten even worse.There needs to be an effective counterplay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stealth traps were a real terrible idea to begin with. A stationary "trap" vs. high mobile gameplay can't be something worth thinking about. It additionally forces you to carry supplies around all the time.I'm roaming for over five years now and I think the stealth trap never saved me ever. If you want those to be useful, make it cost half supply and give it a root that can't be broken with blink/shadowstep/etc. - it still would be a bad design.

I really think there should be a skill based counterplay to permanent stealthing which doesn't force you to play a completely useless build.

• Like 1

based on the fact that anti stealth traps are undodgeable, some other reveales nearly unavoidable like lock on trait, every reveal skill/trait has a lower cooldown than the only anti reveal skill from thief and the fact that you can indeed build your thief dependent on stealth, wich anet seems to support with recent changes to the deadeye, i think we can aswell ask for even more reveal removes for thief. reveal is way too oppressive against a stealthy deadeye and there needs to be an effective counterplay

see i can do this aswell.

• Haha 1

@gebrechen.5643 said:I'm roaming for over five years now and I think the stealth trap never saved me ever. If you want those to be useful, make it cost half supply and give it a root that can't be broken with blink/shadowstep/etc. - it still would be a bad design.

why not make them autostomp every one that dares to tigger it while stealthed ? that would be awesome!

Don't try to strawman here, please. We both know that a stealth disruptor trap isn't the topic here and it never influenced the gameplay of stealth classes in a negative way, right?Stealth on the other hand is really bad designed and it shouldn't be as strong as it is. And when you build your thief dependent on stealth you are at no disadvantage and never were. While that's completely the opposite when you start building a necro around stealth detection and depend on the old death shroud. Your only use is to have a revealed while you still are a completely inferior build.No thief build around stealth is per se inferior, even with stealth disruptor traps existing for over three years now.

So, please don't derail the topic or start arguing on a constructive way if you can.

@gebrechen.5643 said:Don't try to strawman here, please. We both know that a stealth disruptor trap isn't the topic here and it never influenced the gameplay of stealth classes in a negative way, right?nono thats why so many people place them for me, i got used to them and know how to run quick after triggering them or only tigger them when i am able to remove them correct. you go please play build that DEPENDS on stealth and trigger such a trap, then tell me it doesnt affect you.Stealth on the other hand is really bad designed and it shouldn't be as strong as it is. And when you build your thief dependent on stealth you are at no disadvantage and never were. While that's completely the opposite when you start building a necro around stealth detection and depend on the old death shroud. Your only use is to have a revealed while you still are a completely inferior build.No thief build around stealth is per se inferior, even with stealth disruptor traps existing for over three years now.building your necro around stealth detection ? wut? i know you have a reveal skill on core nekro but man fighting a nekro as deadeye you dont even need stealth so if its just about giving nekros a reveal utility i dont really care..

So, please don't derail the topic or start arguing on a constructive way if you can.i dont derail the topic i just think your demand is ridicilous and tell you exactly that.

reveal is a pretty strong counter against a build that depends on stealth, like unblockables are pretty strong against a dragonhunter whos main defense are blocks. do all classes have plenty of unblockable buffs that last several seconds? nope only warrior, ranger and nekro.

i just want the reveals in this game to be reasonably avoidable, they already arent wich more or less forces me to run shadow meld - i dont need it for stealth uptime only because you cannot avoid all reveals. yet you want even more reveal because the ones currently here are not good enough for you.

i wonder why most threads that want to somehow nerf deadeyes are from necro roamers?

@XenesisII.1540 said:Take stealth out of the game, problem solved.

Agree 100%. Stealth in this game is implemented terribly and should be removed, with thieves given extra dodges (oops, they already have that) or mobility (hmm, they have that too) to compensate.

Ok, no compensation needed.

Also the one and only warrior reveal utility is not useful in any realistic build, so warrior basically has no practical reveal either.

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:

@archmagus.7249 said:Yeah they gave every class revealed. Whenever you hit someone from stealth, they become revealed.

Are you saying that a thief in stealth gets revealed when they do damage, or that if you hit an opponent in stealth they become revealed? Because the latter is not true.

They're both true actually.

You spam Auto Attack and when you chain starts to cycle through, you know you're hitting them. Simple trick that has been used since game release, does it not work anymore or something or are people asking for an even easier way to deal with it?

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@archmagus.7249 said:Yeah they gave every class revealed. Whenever you hit someone from stealth, they become revealed.

Are you saying that a thief in stealth gets revealed when they do damage, or that if you hit an opponent in stealth they become revealed? Because the latter is not true.

You spam Auto Attack and when you chain starts to cycle through, you know you're hitting them. Simple trick that has been used since game release, does it not work anymore or something or are people asking for an even easier way to deal with it?

Binding blade, rapid fire.. a zillion other skills that track stealth.It's amazing how many just stand there when the teef is literally right next to them a bump from death.

Ironic that their is annoying in wvw and "engineer" is a great counter to stealth. They have the anti stealth tier 2 trait and they have stealth gyro f5 anti stealth Field. Engineers also have several unblockable cc to hit thiefs hard.

Oh how ironic this meta is.

@"Anthony.3207" said:Ironic that their is annoying in wvw and "engineer" is a great counter to stealth. They have the anti stealth tier 2 trait and they have stealth gyro f5 anti stealth Field. Engineers also have several unblockable cc to hit thiefs hard.

Oh how ironic this meta is.

Yup unfortunately the rest of the engie spec is over complex that forces you into high risk/low reward gameplay. If the class was more approachable and rewarding I think the cry for stealth nerfs wouldn’t be so loud.

How does it make sense to reroll just because..? We are talking balance here not jumping on the FotM train. Making engineer easier to access is ok, but shouldn't be forced because it hardcounters thieves or stealth mechanics.The problem is that there is no real counter to the stealth mechanic except for revealed and revealed is not available to many builds.Anything else in this game is much more easy to counter.

@LetoII.3782 said:

Binding blade, rapid fire.. a zillion other skills that track stealth.It's amazing how many
just stand there
when the teef is literally right next to them a bump from death.

Because those skills only appear to track from the stealthed player's perspective, for the other player it just shows their character aiming at the last position before their target entered stealth.

@Oogabooga.3812 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:They gave us stealth traps, everybody use it right?

Even if you do, the
Deadeye's elite removes revealed instantly.
I know, because I've laughed when I triggered it as a deadeye.

works only if you know the position and precast it. 0,5s cast time is alot got interrupted using it quite often, mostly when like 10 people around and i didnt really have the intention to fight..

@Clownmug.8357 said:

Binding blade, rapid fire.. a zillion other skills that track stealth.It's amazing how many
just stand there

Because those skills only appear to track from the stealthed player's perspective, for the other player it just shows their character aiming at the last position before their target entered stealth.

That's false.I've been using binding blade to track stealthers since I figured out it worked that way on day 3 of head start. I've also seen most other guardian players be unaware of the possibility to present day.

@LetoII.3782 said:

just stand there

That's false.I've been using binding blade to track stealthers since I figured out it worked that way on day 3 of head start. I've also seen most other guardian players be unaware of the possibility to present day.

Ok, I see what you mean now. I was confusing binding blade with the one-handed sword #3 skill. The only reason it works though is because binding blade uses homing projectiles. Other channeled skills won't show tracking for the user since they're based on line of sight.