Meteor Shower bugged?

After the balance patch the initial hit of the meteor shower seems to hit like a truck in WvW (and maybe also in PvP/PvE?).

For example the new meteor shower hits full minstrel guardians with 10k damage ticks. Eles are now melting tanky players in WvW left and right. The damage done by meteor showers seems way too high and was not like this before the balance patch. Is the meteor shower bugged or is this change intended? The change made to meteor shower in the recent balance patch shouldn't make this kind of a difference to their damage ticks.

@Khisanth.2948 said:The note says

Meteor Shower: Fixed a bug that caused the minimum damage of this skill to be higher than intended. The expected minimum damage has been increased from 10% to 20%.

Maybe they meant overall damage was increased by 20%.

even with +20% increase its not accurate .... ppl hitting others for 22k dmg... thoughtness tanks you can now hit for 12k ...must be some bug... coz before patch... max first hit was around 12k .. now around 20k ... :D

@intox.6347 said:

Meteor Shower: Fixed a bug that caused the minimum damage of this skill to be higher than intended. The expected minimum damage has been increased from 10% to 20%.

even with +20% increase its not accurate .... ppl hitting others for 22k dmg... thoughtness tanks you can now hit for 12k ...must be some bug... coz before patch... max first hit was around 12k .. now around 20k ... :D

Pre patch it was already more than 18k. I do think it's currently bugged.

I'm not sure if this is the case but I suspect it may have been lumped in with the changes to the other 'storm' skills.Perhaps Meteor shower also received the "initial damage increased by 60%" when receiving the "to a minimum of 20%" adjustment?

Patch notes for other storms for reference:

• Conjure Frost Bow—Ice Storm: This skill has been renamed Frost Storm. It no longer has an internal cooldown between hits, and instead it inflicts reduced damage on each subsequent hit. Initial strike damage has been increased by 60% and will reduce by 10% per impact to a minimum of 20%. These numbers will now be used in all game modes. Bleeding duration has been reduced from 5 seconds to 3 seconds per impact.

• Conjure Lightning Hammer—Lightning Storm: This skill has been renamed Invoke Lightning. Initial damage has been increased by 60% and will now inflict reduced damage on each subsequent hit by 10%, to a minimum of 30%.

• Glyph of Storms—Ice Storm: The initial damage of this skill has been increased by 60% and will now inflict reduced damage on each subsequent hit by 10%, to a minimum of 40%.

• Glyph of Storms—Lightning Storm: The initial damage of this skill has been increased by 65% and will now inflict reduced damage on each subsequent hit by 5%, to a minimum of 30%.

@Etheri.5406 said:

Pre patch it was already more than 18k. I do think it's currently bugged.

Im running wvw almost every day... im playing ele also ... and you met them a lot as a enemy in zergfights .... at my tank class i never get hit by more than 8k ... never. After patch i saw numbers hop 12-14k and getting melted....

I dont want argue if it is possible, or we all have just visions.... just to get it adressed to anet to check what happened.

@"Glacial.9516" said:I'm not sure if this is the case but I suspect it may have been lumped in with the changes to the other 'storm' skills.Perhaps Meteor shower also received the "initial damage increased by 60%" when receiving the "to a minimum of 20%" adjustment?

Patch notes for other storms for reference:

• Conjure Frost Bow—Ice Storm: This skill has been renamed Frost Storm. It no longer has an internal cooldown between hits, and instead it inflicts reduced damage on each subsequent hit. Initial strike damage has been increased by 60% and will reduce by 10% per impact to a minimum of 20%. These numbers will now be used in all game modes. Bleeding duration has been reduced from 5 seconds to 3 seconds per impact.

• Conjure Lightning Hammer—Lightning Storm: This skill has been renamed Invoke Lightning. Initial damage has been increased by 60% and will now inflict reduced damage on each subsequent hit by 10%, to a minimum of 30%.

• Glyph of Storms—Ice Storm: The initial damage of this skill has been increased by 60% and will now inflict reduced damage on each subsequent hit by 10%, to a minimum of 40%.

• Glyph of Storms—Lightning Storm: The initial damage of this skill has been increased by 65% and will now inflict reduced damage on each subsequent hit by 5%, to a minimum of 30%.

It would be a reason or how it happens but it still a bug and with out anet saying any thing at all on this we must keep thinking its an error on there end but they are fearful of saying any thing about the ele class it seems.

Archived