Mount Species Change Idea Thread

With the release of the Pangolin mount (yes yes, armadillo) there is an interesting change in how mount skins can not only recolor your mount, but actually change it's species (in appearance) opening all sorts of options. The peacock, the lion and others have done the same thing, so I was wondering what other ideas might the community come up with for skins that change the species of the mounts. What do you think? Make your suggestions, and add pictures if you can.

My first suggestion is adding a Choya skin for the Roller Beetle. I'd pay folding money to have a psychotic choya zooming around in front of me.

most wanted skin is a Wyvern or Dragon for griffon. Alternatively, a wyvern mount with its own skins of different kinds of dragons, since I (and many others) would buy any dragon skin they add. I also would love a phoenix but that would probably need to be its own mount. Also elemental jackals whose teleports are based on their elements - essentially constructs of elemental powers in the shape of a jackal for fire, lava, ice, water, wind, lightning, earth, sand, energy, even a bloodstone one would be amazing. And, the mistfire wolf! Frog-like for the springer is a great idea as well, I saw a concept art that was a sylvan-styled frog reminiscent of tree frogs, that was supposed to have been made by the Pale Tree as a new life form to help the Sylvari. Also water speeders for skimmers. Star Wars sort of speeder (basically in that it hovers above the ground, as a skimmer), and that leaves cool engine trails of light. The raptor has a lot of potential as anything that can jump and do a tail spin is eligible essentially. I'm a supporter of a motorbike/speeder skin for the roller beetle, but some forms would also be perfect on a raptor. Otherwise, perhaps wingless dragons? They aren't too common but on of my favorite land-based dragons is the Speed Stinger (How to Train Your Dragon), and it's a fast, wingless dragon with a paralyzing stinger. That would be an instant buy from me. Or, on a similar vein, a hydra mount. The body would have to be slimmer than the current hydra monster, but a three-headed reptile mount would be a must-have as well. Honestly for me, the two surest ways to get me to purchase skins (and from what I read, countless others would like these types too) are skins that somehow relate to dragons or speeder bikes.

@Reverielle.3972 said:Though I'm not entirely sure how it could be adapted; I'm hoping a norn/spirits-of-the-wild themed mount pack will become available at time point.

I like this idea, and could see a raven done for the griffon, wolf, or cat done for the jackal, rabbit is already a spirit, but I'm unsure what would be for the raptor and the skimmer. The truth is that there are many spirits of the wild that the norn venerate that aren't mentioned in the game, that could be added.

On dragons, I too would buy any dragon skin made for the griffon, but I have a feeling, we are either not going to see a dragon as it is something too powerful in GW lore to be a pet or it will end up as a true flying mount to sell Expansion 3. A Wyvern however would be cool.

I'd absolutely love a jumping spider/wolf spider reskin for the springer.

Crocodile/alligator for skimmer (when in water it would partially submerge). Possibly snake, but that would be too boring probably (lack of appendages).

I can totally see a gazelle/springbok/antelope as a jackal skin.

I think an emu/ostrich reskin for raptor would be fun, and griffon...flying squirrel? It would match the animations at least ^^

Which leaves PT...can't think of anything which rolls-up into a ball to move; for defense yes, but not locomotion.

A wyvern could work, use it like a teenage aurene and your skill would be to dive and blast some fire like aurene does on the ground that damages enemies and heals allies but you dismount at the end of it. Or it could be an upgrade to Griff on just with an added ability. We could get new secondary skills on all the mount to "freshen" them up. Just a thought.

Archived