Thank you Roy and others for the Revenant.

Cyrin.1035

I've always been a fan of the Revenant profession, but it wasn't until recently that it became my favorite.

I love how all the weps have multi-target skills and yet are swift and effective. They give a different meaning and perception to how weps were originally designed in the game, like the hammer being ranged and the staff melee. Skills recharge pretty quickly and many are auto-hitting and direct. The ability to get into melee range instantly and across long distances. The utilities are refined and all of them are useful. I like all the legends and the mechanics of the Rev. It feels like it takes the best of every profession but goes steps further in being able to do things no other profession can especially in its traits.

The new trident weapon is fun to use and the visuals of the skills are awesome.

My favorite aspect about the Rev is the style and design behind it. The concept of mastering and utilizing the mists. I like that the Revenant icon symbolizes "enlightenment".

The only downside to the profession for me is the inability to use certain skills underwater, as it is with other professions, but I imagine this is something that will be changed in the future.

I just want to thank everyone that had a part in designing and developing the Revenant. In most of the interviews about the profession, I've seen Roy Cronacher talk the most about it and I've also seen him talk a lot about the mounts, so I think he had a lot to do with these two parts of the game which I enjoy the most. So thank you Roy and all involved. I can't wait to see what comes next for the Revenant.

Not only did he open up the discussion to the development of the Rev, he took and used the suggestions. I will always have respect for Roy because of this, especially when he took my suggestion of adding the extra dodge mist effect. I felt like he made the community of testers developers themselves.

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:Not only did he open up the discussion to the development of the Rev, he took and used the suggestions. I will always have respect for Roy because of this, especially when he took my suggestion of adding the extra dodge mist effect. I felt like he made the community of testers developers themselves.

The mist visual effect was your idea? If so, great suggestion. I always thought that was a nice touch.

@Cyrin.1035 said:

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:Not only did he open up the discussion to the development of the Rev, he took and used the suggestions. I will always have respect for Roy because of this, especially when he took my suggestion of adding the extra dodge mist effect. I felt like he made the community of testers developers themselves.

The mist visual effect was your idea? If so, great suggestion. I always thought that was a nice touch.

Yup, that was me. I was heavily involved in all the community testing during the Rev development. At the time before HoT I was main’ing my thief and noticed he was the only one with a unique dodge anim among the other classes, and considering how much magic that the Rev would be using, it would only seem fitting to have a special dodge as well that exuded this legend/Mist skill infusion. Roy loved the suggestion and within a couple days already had a working animation for it. We got to see it only on release though because it required some fine tuning.

Archived