Meteor Wars! - Page 10 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Meteor Wars!

Comments

• steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Street Peddler.2638 said:

@steki.1478 said:

@Street Peddler.2638 said:
    how can people possibly be defending 10k damage per meteor...this skill is literally better than siege equipment

Siege has no cooldown, MS has 24. Rev hammer skills are much quicker, do same damage, on much lower cd and a lot harder to avoid. The only advantage that MS has over rev skills is aoe and hitting multiple times, but that aoe is pretty easy to avoid.

15-20k on every hit is unacceptable, but 10k is expected from such skill.

no its not expected, cause its about to be brought down 60%

It will just go to it's pre-bugged state, which was hitting for 10k+ here and there.

Deso's favorite FROG
    Master of afk and kiting
    The God of Pips and Gud Deeps
    Froggo himself

• @steki.1478 said:

It will just go to it's pre-bugged state, which was hitting for 10k+ here and there.

Which was perfectly fine :)

• @Garrus.7403 said:

@Chasind.3128 said:
    Ele has no survivability

You lost me after that. Good yoke m8. How is mistform, blink, downsteadmistform.... no survivability. Good eles where first in dps meter before the meteor bug. Maybe you have to tryhard more and put some effort to do dmg and not just rely on one skill.

Seems like you’re unaware of the recent nerfs to ele, meteor bug was introduced at the same time so it’s kinda made up for that. Nerf to traits and lava font hurt ele pretty bad but it hasn’t really sunk in yet because meteor is so busted

And yea they have no surviveability, marauder armor gets you a solid 14k hp, get farted on and you’re dead...you can have surviveability or damage on ele, not both. Don’t get me wrong the utility skills definitely help but mistform is only good if you don’t get oneshot

Meteor needs to get fixed, it’s game breaking...but ele is going to be bad after it is. Scourge and hammer rev will do the same damage easier with more utility and surviveability

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

@KiloCharlieRomeo.1874 said:

@Jski.6180 said:
    The size of it realty hide the rng of the skill with the the large aoe your only realy hitting 180 vs 3 targets your not realty hitting the full 360.

It needs a double-dodge to get out of it that's why size matters.

If you need to go right though it sure but that the point of staff AoE control. For a given amount of time you should not want to be in its aoe.

@Jski.6180 said:
    Cast time and the root of the cast goes a long way to holding the skill back things like CR can be done on the move realty most big hitting skills that are doing 12k dmg are very much on the move skills.

Sure. But not that insane DMG MS is doin right now.

Right it is too much atm but 10k is ok to do. Any thing above 12k ish is too much for any skill in the game but say kill shot.

@Jski.6180 said:
    Ele dose its big dmg spell or its cc not both at the same time.

My intention was to point that it is a really versatile class that has always a place in WvW zergs.... Static, Unsteady Ground, Shockwave in some secs whilst the other ele goes Meteor than switch roles, GG. Needs coordination, yes.

Its very important to say if your able to attk or use cc at diffrent times its very much part of the balncing of big skills like MS.

@Jski.6180 said:
    If your ganking an ele it cant set up its dmg making it a pointless class. Other classe are very much able to tank hits and use dmg skills. If your ganking an ele and its not casting spell that is effecly killing the ele for the fight.

Any zerg-class wich is focused has bad times, glass-canon especially. Positioning, reflects, invulns, teleport - you have choices to do your job.

No just ele has a hard time with it becuse its def skills are active def not passive def. If your attking any other class in the game they can tank though the hits and keep puting out there dmg ele must give up any type of offsite to live.

@Jski.6180 said:
    Pirateship-meta is only due to bad drivers and fear. If you let ranged classes set up there dmg skill then you should never be able to push in but if you dont let them set up then they are nothing.

Lulz. Or, at least, I disagree. This would mean no choke-fights at all, if you cannot get the enemy zerg by surprise the only possibility left is portalbombing. Doing 10 fake pushes to make enemy eles wast all their MS takes a bit too long.... and if a minimum organized they can upkeep it. "Setting up" the ranged DMG doesn't take ages.

Not choke but inv blocks stone bro stab resistances there are countless dmg mitigation in this game and MS is one of the most easily stopped in the game. Ele has no unblockable real dmg skills and no means to make there skills unblockable and that means a lot.

See ELE forms and you will get my views.

• Chasind.3128Chasind.3128 Member ✭✭✭

@Garrus.7403 said:

@Chasind.3128 said:
    Ele has no survivability

You lost me after that. Good yoke m8. How is mistform, blink, downsteadmistform.... no survivability. Good eles where first in dps meter before the meteor bug. Maybe you have to tryhard more and put some effort to do dmg and not just rely on one skill.

you lost me m8- just wait for ele to burn through all get-aways then immob/ poison them- dead ele

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Garrus.7403 said:

@Chasind.3128 said:
    Ele has no survivability

... What am I reading?

Bite me.

• That MS is totally game breaking ! But remember that not the entire area is covered at all time... I mean there's a random meteor location every 025 sec.

WHile now it's preztty stupid since you get 1 hit ... once it will be nerfed it will be really bad especially if you need 3- 4 -5 meteor to go down and that they reduced dmg every time you get hit. While necros can tp bomb on target and make 5 ppl down instant .

• SnowHawk.3615SnowHawk.3615 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 22, 2018

The meteors wars is a meme now. However truth be told, the damage reduction on their staff (which is their only long range weapon since ele is squishy AF) is a kitten ton especially since it will probably render ele DPS useless on staff but I cannot foresee the future. But I gotta say it's always funny to see a noob try to face tank with a staff.
    Meteor shower is their only large AoE that is totally avoidable and has a long channel time. Anet designed the game in a way that makes players demand the highest DPS. & what can ele do best? nothing beyond DPS. They have kitten heal and decent sustain but only for themselves they're out sustained by FB and Scrapper as a whole. Anet is real good at breaking things, not so much at fixing. I swear they're just reading and bending their game around what reddit tells them to do.
    Ele nerfs are almost unnoticed due to the meteor bug - once they fix it, they'll become more obvious. I have a full asc zerk ele with infusions and lava font might hit for 2k with out might and fury - it's best use is to place underneath you and use arcane brilliance to blast it to give yourself might. Meteor shower? Will literally become meteor sprinkle. You either take a risk and go DPS with 14k health w/marauder gear on ele or bunker - you cannot have both. You either do damage or you're hitting like a noodle and your sustain isn't even measurable. Ele after the meteor fix will be a glass cannon without the cannon part.

• Garrus.7403Garrus.7403 Member ✭✭✭

@Chasind.3128 said:

@Garrus.7403 said:

@Chasind.3128 said:
    Ele has no survivability

you lost me m8- just wait for ele to burn through all get-aways then immob/ poison them- dead ele

Do you expect to be imortal?

• KiloCharlieRomeo.1874KiloCharlieRomeo.1874 Member ✭✭
    edited July 23, 2018

For a kitty's sake let's try already to make a difference between a solo staff ele (that can indeed be eaten quite easily - but hey everything depends on skill I killed some in improvised duels over the years I mained staff ele, and I am not even good) and 5+ (or ++) in a zerg when they, if positioned correctly, can do their BL job (in this case MS) without much of trouble. Cheers.

edited July 23, 2018

@VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:

Ele: High risk, until the meteor 'bug' low reward. With bug: high reward.

If by low reward you mean the sole quantity of bags you get, maybe (but seen skilled players being top DPS even in the midst of the condi-cancer). What about all the contribution to CC & heal? What about supporting the team so it can win a fight?

@VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:

Ele: High risk, until the meteor 'bug' low reward. With bug: high reward.

If by low reward you mean the sole quantity of bags you get, maybe (but seen skilled players being top DPS even in the midst of the condi-cancer). What about all the contribution to CC & heal? What about supporting the team so it can win a fight?

What class dose not have heals or cc agen?

edited July 23, 2018

@Jski.6180 said:

What 1200 ranged class have access to all the hard/soft CC, waterfields and blasts that often than a staff ele?

@Jski.6180 said:

What 1200 ranged class have access to all the hard/soft CC, waterfields and blasts that often than a staff ele?

Mesmer has pull (1500 range) and multi cc with grav well. Necro has fear, cripple and chill at ~1100 range on average. Rev has chill and knock down with hammer skills at 1200. Guard has line and f1 pull (a bit lower range, but high enough).

Water fields arent even blasted and they heal for 1300, which is lower than any FB heal, mesmer's mantra or scourge's barrier. Not to mention that water 3 is never casted on weaver. With same logic you can say that rev can always equip ventari and heal allies, provide cleanses and reflects.

Staff ele has 2 blasts which are often used as dps. Earth blast is so slow that fields disappear before blast even goes off.

Deso's favorite FROG
    Master of afk and kiting
    Froggo himself

edited July 23, 2018

@steki.1478 said:

Mesmer has pull (1500 range) and multi cc with grav well. Necro has fear, cripple and chill at ~1100 range on average. Rev has chill and knock down with hammer skills at 1200. Guard has line and f1 pull (a bit lower range, but high enough).

You mention different classes to do different jobs when a staff ele, rotating, can do all of these or same kind (well not the pulls :D ) Chill, cripple, stun, knockback, line, immob.... what else ya need?

Water fields arent even blasted and they heal for 1300, which is lower than any FB heal, mesmer's mantra or scourge's barrier. Not to mention that water 3 is never casted on weaver. With same logic you can say that rev can always equip ventari and heal allies, provide cleanses and reflects.

The heal on a blast of a WF depends on the Healing Power of the dude(s) who blast it. YW for the info.

Staff ele has 2 blasts which are often used as dps. Earth blast is so slow that fields disappear before blast even goes off.

yay know your stuff... Earth2, Water2, THAN you put a field and get double blast (managin' to do that even with clickin' skills soooo.. yeah). But the Blast Finishers have to be put before the field since, hmmmm, ever if I remember well. If you just spam your stuff in a nobrain mode sure you won't have it when needed, sorry...

edited July 23, 2018

@LazySummer.2568 said:

lmao if ele is that versatile why aren't all the zergs running 100% eles. I mean you get big dps + heals + ccs, all aoes, all from one profession if you just learn your rotations and combo fields. Can stack and blast might & fury & not to mention ez access to boons by just swapping attunemnts! Who needs firebrands scourges and mesmers am i right?

Good question, indeed!!!!!
    Maybe because they are good in a role not on all. BL support. Noo boonrips/corrupts, no sustain to push (auramancer was nice tho as auras cannot be corrupted just as Dwarf but the main thing was heal/cleanse which is taken by Fb now). Perfect to pirateship. So yeah they are still versatile and most fun to play I ever had on a class - the only issue is this MS bug which is a BIT broken atm.

edited July 23, 2018

@Jski.6180 said:

Is waterfield even a point of balancing at this point in the game?
    Ele dose not have all the hard and soft cc in the game.

Gurd, and ranger i am not sure about the others.

Eng has a lot as well.

edited July 23, 2018

@Jski.6180 said:

Hmmm... always handy. But hey, ask your guards stuck in Tome another-than-2 on a fast regroup, or your BL buddies caught out of position.

YEAH NEEDS KNOCKDOWNS ALSO!!! Yay it has enough to contribute a lot to the fight.

Multiclass then a bit and come back to the discussion later.

@Jski.6180 said:

Hmmm... always handy. But hey, ask your guards stuck in Tome another-than-2 on a regroup.

Its not that usefull if ppl are not using blast just the passive water field effect not that good eng clear light field is far better.

YEAH NEEDS KNOCKDOWNS ALSO!!! Yay it has enough to contribute a lot to the fight.

No fear no slow no boon hate.

Multiclass then a bit and come back to the discussion later.

These classes have cc and your water field that you asked for as well as eng.

• @Jski.6180 said:

Are. They. Doing. It. With. A. 1200. Range. ? Since when do they have all the CCs staff Ele has, on multiple targets?
    Mate, I stop here arguing with you because either 1-your knowledge lacks a bit or, 2-you're just lobbying for something. Both ways it's pointless.

edited July 23, 2018

@Jski.6180 said:

Are. They. Doing. It. With. A. 1200. Range. ? Since when do they have all the CCs staff Ele has, on multiple targets?
    Mate, I stop here arguing with you because either 1-your knowledge lacks a bit or, 2-you're just lobbying for something. Both ways it's pointless.

Yes some of them but ele not doing all of these at 1200 ranged. Where the ele boon hate where ele fear where ele slow where ele unblockable dmg where ele quickness where ele resistances where ele tanklyness where ele support stab or any support strong boon. Where ele hidden attk that do not make rings and are hard to see at all points of the game. Where ele revial where ele stealth. Where ele fexabitly of skills melee vs ranged. Where ele blocks real blocks not 3 hit blocks.

Your argument is because ele can do thing at a ranged on one of its wepon means its the end all be all class in the game? Its silly at best if that was the case every one would be playing the ele class in wvw and there was a major fall off after scorge hit the game and there going to be a big fall off once MS is fixed.

Fields are not good in the game any more and should not be looked at as point of balancing. Most ppl do not blast leap etc.. as skills are far better and much easier to used.

There significance more valuable on melee skills that strip boons then any 1,200 ranged soft or hard cc with all the counter effects in the game to do with such things. One stack of stab stirp not going to cut it at any ranged but a full boon strip at 300 ranged will.

edited July 24, 2018

@steki.1478 said:

You mention different classes to do different jobs when a staff ele, rotating, can do all of these or same kind (well not the pulls :D ) Chill, cripple, stun, knockback, line, immob.... what else ya need?

The heal on a blast of a WF depends on the Healing Power of the dude(s) who blast it. YW for the info.

yay know your stuff... Earth2, Water2, THAN you put a field and get double blast (managin' to do that even with clickin' skills soooo.. yeah). But the Blast Finishers have to be put before the field since, hmmmm, ever if I remember well. If you just spam your stuff in a nobrain mode sure you won't have it when needed, sorry...

Other classes can also do damage while providing CC (every meta class has cc from range besides warr) and heals (barriers, lifesteal). They can also cleanse more often, corrupt/generate tons of boons, apply stealth, revive fast, reduce incoming damage etc. Almost all from range (you seem to like that argument).

I know that blasting scales, but nobody generally blasts those waters besides you, and even of they do, it's either a waste of dps skill, or a waste of cast time since there's much efficient heal or better field to blast (like light, which is easier to blast as guard since you know when and where you're placing it, just like ele only blasts its own water fields).

Yes, you can precast blasts to heal for amazing 2600 hp, but you do no significant damage for 8+ seconds* because of those blasts. Necro still shares barrier (which is higher than a blast heal anyway) or cleanse on same skills that damage and corrupt enemies, with no cast time.

Deso's favorite FROG
    Master of afk and kiting
    Froggo himself

• foxof.8752foxof.8752 Member ✭✭
    edited July 23, 2018

If you think MS is fine to be remained as it is, but the visual effect need to rework something more visible like the Winds of Disenchantment, like the meteor rock will need to be 3 times bigger, and the location it landing should have the glowing red circle before impact.
    BTW, speaking of which, GW2 biggest problem and never be popular in ESport is the visual effect of the skills, for average players, you will never fully know what skills and what hits them, for outsiders, if just a flashy jiberish effects no one will understand.

• @foxof.8752 said:
    If you think MS is fine to be remained as it is, but the visual effect need to rework something more visible like the Winds of Disenchantment, like the meteor rock will need to be 3 times bigger, and the location it landing should have the glowing red circle before impact.
    BTW, speaking of which, GW2 biggest problem and never be popular in ESport is the visual effect of the skills, for average players, you will never fully know what skills and what hits them, for outsiders, if just a flashy jiberish effects no one will understand.

Why is there no red circle indicating where enemy meteors will land or where enemy hammers will drop? It seems odd that almost all skills have clear indicators that enemies are casting them except for a few. Is this intentional or oversight? I wonder if people would have complained about the meteor shower bug if they could have clearly seen where meteors would land.

• foxof.8752foxof.8752 Member ✭✭
    edited July 24, 2018

@Justin Duval.1954 said:

@foxof.8752 said:

Why is there no red circle indicating where enemy meteors will land or where enemy hammers will drop? It seems odd that almost all skills have clear indicators that enemies are casting them except for a few. Is this intentional or oversight? I wonder if people would have complained about the meteor shower bug if they could have clearly seen where meteors would land.

Another problem is, all enemy aoe is red circle without clear indicator like the Winds do. Sure you can see the big red circle and meteor from a few enemies, try find them from a enemy zerg, all the ranged AOE, playing a 3D game with a 2D skills indicator circle on ground overlapping, you waste all the dodge before dodging the real meaty one. And yea, try find the ele that casting MS in a group of flashy skins and skill effects.

• Egorum.9506Egorum.9506 Member ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have numbers on what MS hits for now?

• Mini Crinny.6190Mini Crinny.6190 Member ✭✭✭

@Egorum.9506 said:

Havent seen a weaver since

• @Egorum.9506 said:

around 2k-8k, 8k was mostly on other eles with zerk most likely... still able to be on top dmg but now only few weaver makes it there

• jdmThor.3806jdmThor.3806 Member ✭✭

I actually really liked the higher damage, but the skill needs to be on a much longer cd to keep it, like an elite skill. It was nice to see entire zergs needing to move to avoid it rather than the usual bunkering up and facetanking everything. It was also nice to see players be creative and work together to successfully land it on an enemy zerg. As the squishiest class in the game (specced for damage), it would be nice to see the ele have the one rightfully-feared highest damage aoe in the game as well. Regardless of how one felt about the bugged version of meteor shower, it sure made for more tactical, dynamic and exciting zerg play.

• Victory.2879Victory.2879 Member ✭✭✭

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

@Egorum.9506 said:

Havent seen a weaver since

Wet noodles do more damage. Throw those at the enemy, much more effective. MS is just another something to ignore again. And with font nerf, not really putting out much damage. Back to mainly being in water for cc and fields.

• Straegen.2938Straegen.2938 Member ✭✭✭

@Egorum.9506 said:

My big hits are still landing in the teens. My average hits are well over around 5k+ on a front line. My 3.5k Warrior gets spiked up to 8k and routinely sees 5k shots. The skill still hits like a truck when properly rotated.

• Feanor.2358Feanor.2358 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Straegen.2938 said:

@Egorum.9506 said:

My big hits are still landing in the teens. My average hits are well over around 5k+ on a front line. My 3.5k Warrior gets spiked up to 8k and routinely sees 5k shots. The skill still hits like a truck when properly rotated.

Nah. Ele damage fields are now exactly as effective as trying to stop a train by shooting at it with a popcap gun. Maybe you can take someone down if you catch them by surprise. The zerg will barely notice them. And in roaming you just have a one shot at someone before you die. But unlike other professions, you won't have the advantage of stealth to initiate that one shot. So realistically you can only take town total noobs.

• Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 25, 2018

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Straegen.2938 said:

@Egorum.9506 said:

Nah. Ele damage fields are now exactly as effective as trying to stop a train by shooting at it with a popcap gun. Maybe you can take someone down if you catch them by surprise. The zerg will barely notice them. And in roaming you just have a one shot at someone before you die. But unlike other professions, you won't have the advantage of stealth to initiate that one shot. So realistically you can only take town total noobs.

Salty much? Still getting hit for 6-8k ms. You know a year back 5k was considered very high dmg from ms .

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Straegen.2938 said:

@Egorum.9506 said:

Salty much? Still getting hit for 6-8k ms. You know a year back 5k was considered very high dmg from ms .

No, just realistic. MS was overpowered, there's no denying that. But the massacre of weaver dps in the last patch made us useless. Numbers mean nothing in a vacuum. Truth is, we're just back to what we had before they broke it. People will stack scourges again and you'll only want a handful of eles around to clear siege.

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Straegen.2938 said:

@Egorum.9506 said:

No, just realistic. MS was overpowered, there's no denying that. But the massacre of weaver dps in the last patch made us useless. Numbers mean nothing in a vacuum. Truth is, we're just back to what we had before they broke it. People will stack scourges again and you'll only want a handful of eles around to clear siege.

That's a fair point. It did make a nice change seeing staff weavers again. Should of made the CD longer instead of nerf.

• LazySummer.2568LazySummer.2568 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 25, 2018

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Straegen.2938 said:

@Egorum.9506 said:

a year back pof wasn't released, so there were no such thing as scourges and firebrands along with lower over all damage in HoT days, and if i recall correctly, eles were supports that's why 5k is high damage to you. good joke.

• Sylosi.6503Sylosi.6503 Member ✭✭✭

Can you hear that? That is all the thieves, engies, rangers and mesmers (to an extent) playing the world's smallest violin for eles.

• @Sylosi.6503 said:
    Can you hear that? That is all the thieves, engies, rangers and mesmers (to an extent) playing the world's smallest violin for eles.

Sry the say it to you they nerfed thieves after they pushed them last time ^^

In PvE in general they effectively undone any power creep which game into the game after PoF . So far I know before PoF Tempest was with 38k at big hitboxes top. This spot has Revenant now I would even say we have even less DPS then before PoF because Tempest was/is good at fighting multiply enemies at once thanks to its huge aoes which resulted in more DPS in practice. Not only has the Tempest now much less DPS also this spot has been taken over by Scourge but Scourge doesn't have his high dps numbers. In addition with all the nerfs of support classes I would even say we have less DPS since the start of HoT or at least some of the last places.

So actually everyone in PvE should cry like crazy.

In WvW it is different because Scourge can stack it effects but even with the small reduction of DPS which comes from nerfing other classes. They nerfed siege gear to make the zerg again stronger or better said which side has the bigger zerg which is brain dead also zerg fights aren't really PvP fights because your individual performance rarely matters in big zergs. Why people want this is because how the rewards system is built in WvW . In general the reward system in WvW in underperforming in compare to other endcontent in GW 2 namely PvP, fractals, raids. This also the reason why at least randoms (30%-40% of wvw players )disappear so quickly when losing . This is also the reason why weak server stay weak without linking and 'hardcore' wvw players transfer so often.

I wouldn't call the recent changes in wvw a win from this point of view.

• Ganathar.4956Ganathar.4956 Member ✭✭✭

@Sylosi.6503 said:

At least those classes can roam well. What does ele do right now? That's right, absolutely nothing.

@Sylosi.6503 said:

Yes. Only them classes are allowed to "cough" 1 shot people.

@LazySummer.2568 said:

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Straegen.2938 said:

@Egorum.9506 said:

a year back pof wasn't released, so there were no such thing as scourges and firebrands along with lower over all damage in HoT days, and if i recall correctly, eles were supports that's why 5k is high damage to you. good joke.

No, people use to run core ele back before hot fire/air/arcane as tempest didn't give much unless you ran d/f aura share and the highest I ever got was 6k. That's the same gear set up as today's weavers.

• mulzi.8273mulzi.8273 Member ✭✭✭

I think it is a bad commentary on these so-called pvp folks that are applauding this change, so they can sit in the AoEs now without any danger/repercussions. One thing this meteor bug did was make people move and pay attention to aoes. Now its back to face tanking everything.

So now these nerf-a-holics can turn their attention to getting guards survivability nerfed. Crying for a nerf on mesmers is pointless, as thats the baby of a certain developer that will never nerf their precious cheese baby.

• @mulzi.8273 said:
    I think it is a bad commentary on these so-called pvp folks that are applauding this change, so they can sit in the AoEs now without any danger/repercussions. One thing this meteor bug did was make people move and pay attention to aoes. Now its back to face tanking everything.

he g
    The meteor bug made zergs/blobs stack up eles, and push the pirateship meta to levels never seen before even during the Rev golden days. Making fights extremelly boring as no melee could push into a proper ranged zerg

@Botinhas.2018 said:

@mulzi.8273 said:

he g
    The meteor bug made zergs/blobs stack up eles, and push the pirateship meta to levels never seen before even during the Rev golden days. Making fights extremelly boring as no melee could push into a proper ranged zerg

Like stacking scourges for months before was so very different.

In case not obvious, /s

• RAZOR.7246RAZOR.7246 Member ✭✭
    edited July 25, 2018

Whatever it was there was no need to extend the nerfs to PvE. I agree it was OP in WvW. But the MS damage was one of the few things keeping Ele bursts and by extension DPS, at reasonable levels. Now there's no reason if any, to use ele ANYWHERE. They just shafted the entire class everywhere just because some babies were crying about MS in WvW while for months necros, mesmers and warrior were running riot in WvW. I understand if splitting the skill between game modes is a lot of work at this point, but not doing anything to compensate the DPS elsewhere is just lazy and sloppy just like most of the content they're putting out right now. It's a class that only does DPS yet now it can't even do that. It's called a balance yet we're looking at less usage for classes than before. This whole patch was absolute garbage and clearly done without an ounce of thought or effort.

• Ganathar.4956Ganathar.4956 Member ✭✭✭

@RAZOR.7246 said:
    Whatever it was there was no need to extend the nerfs to PvE. I agree it was OP in WvW. But the MS damage was one of the few things keeping Ele bursts and by extension DPS, at reasonable levels. Now there's no reason if any, to use ele ANYWHERE. They just shafted the entire class everywhere just because some babies were crying about MS in WvW while for months necros, mesmers and warrior were running riot in WvW. I understand if splitting the skill between game modes is a lot of work at this point, but not doing anything to compensate the DPS elsewhere is just lazy and sloppy just like most of the content they're putting out right now. It's a class that only does DPS yet now it can't even do that. It's called a balance yet we're looking at less usage for classes than before. This whole patch was absolute garbage and clearly done without an ounce of thought or effort.

It's true that ele is pretty bad everywhere at the moment, but that doesn't mean that MS shouldn't have been fixed. Not only was it a major bug, but it's also incredibly unhealthy to have a class being dependent on a single skill to be any good. The real problem is the PvE nerfs that affected WvW while skill splitting is supposed to be a thing. But even in PvE the gutting of lava font wasn't justified, as after the MS bug was fixed it became obvious that the class underperforms everywhere now. The balance team really needs to think hard about what they want this class to be, because at the moment it's almost like we are playing an 8 class game.

@Ganathar.4956 said:

@RAZOR.7246 said:

It's true that ele is pretty bad everywhere at the moment, but that doesn't mean that MS shouldn't have been fixed. Not only was it a major bug, but it's also incredibly unhealthy to have a class being dependent on a single skill to be any good. The real problem is the PvE nerfs that affected WvW while skill splitting is supposed to be a thing. But even in PvE the gutting of lava font wasn't justified, as after the MS bug was fixed it became obvious that the class underperforms everywhere now. The balance team really needs to think hard about what they want this class to be, because at the moment it's almost like we are playing an 8 class game.

Agreed, it's not the MS fix, it's the horrible "balance" changes from Jul 10th that ruined the class. It has become visible now because the MS bug pushed the damage high enough for the class to seem okay.

• Egorum.9506Egorum.9506 Member ✭✭✭✭

Let me put this into perspective: a good scourge can bomb for 150k, using half the skills on their bar, by portaling into melee range. They have no evades, 1 stab, no blocks.

With the MS bug, a new weaver in exotics could do 500k with one skill every 24s. From 2100 range with teleport. With blocks, and evades.

Necro also can't pve raid. Ele still brings more damage. Qq

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.