Meteor Wars! - Page 9 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Meteor Wars!

1567911

Comments

  • oOStaticOo.9467oOStaticOo.9467 Member ✭✭✭

    People are just Salty that their current Scourge Zerg Meta was being broken is all. They adapted to something that they know is broken already as well and now are throwing a tantrum that something else came along and changed that all up. As a whole people fear change. I thought it was nice that there was a counter to all this stupid Scourge Zerg Pirateship Meta. You didn't have to deal with Firebrands and Spellbreakers making Scourges impossible to kill as they face rolled you with all of their stupid AoE's. Oh well, back to the Unbalanced Meta in a week where I will go back to Roaming with my Ranger again.

  • zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Karl McLain.5604 said:
    An update on this:
    The window for hot-fixing the issue was missed. The fix will be going out with the next update, which is the planned for this upcoming Tuesday. Damage is currently 60% above what's intended (per-strike) and we'll be setting it back down to its normal levels.

    Pve doe?

  • Victory.2879Victory.2879 Member ✭✭✭

    So back to wet noodles for anything other than totally glass cannon or weaver builds?
    Oh well, fun while it lasted. My healy ele was actually doing semi decent damage there for a bit.
    Ele needs a complete rework so that there are not so many ways to boost the damage output, so that base ele can still do decent damage whilst not being glass cannon or weaver.

    But that would involve actual work and a balance team working on wvw. So I wasted my fingers.

  • Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Player.9621 said:
    60% above what's intended (per-strike) :s

    Good dodge practice :) when u have the aoe ring up.

  • Limodriver.4106Limodriver.4106 Member ✭✭✭

    @Aeolus.3615 said:

    @Player.9621 said:
    60% above what's intended (per-strike) :s

    Good dodge practice :) when u have the aoe ring up.

    good luck wasting ur dodge on some red circle which does no dmg while the real meteor shower hit u when u have no dodge left. Thats another problem with this game very outdated UI and Combat Graphics. Friendly aoe should be blue or green circle while enemy aoe should be red circle.

  • freecarl.1320freecarl.1320 Member ✭✭
    edited July 20, 2018

    @Karl McLain.5604 said:
    An update on this:
    The window for hot-fixing the issue was missed. The fix will be going out with the next update, which is the planned for this upcoming Tuesday. Damage is currently 60% above what's intended (per-strike) and we'll be setting it back down to its normal levels.

    Is there any reason this patch can't come before wvw reset? I don't understand why this has a "window" for hotfix that has to wait until tuesday while we've had pve patches that come at severely inconvenient times during wvw reset. This bug sucks a big fat one and lots of people have had enough of it while it hasn't seemed to be as big of a priority as it is with quotes like "we'll be looking to bring it back down to normal levels when possible". Kinda frustrating

  • Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 20, 2018

    @Limodriver.4106 said:

    @Aeolus.3615 said:

    @Player.9621 said:
    60% above what's intended (per-strike) :s

    Good dodge practice :) when u have the aoe ring up.

    good luck wasting ur dodge on some red circle which does no dmg while the real meteor shower hit u when u have no dodge left. Thats another problem with this game very outdated UI and Combat Graphics. Friendly aoe should be blue or green circle while enemy aoe should be red circle.

    Red circles are enemy casting skills, ally MS apear on white circles... same for Spellbroken bubble.
    If it is AOE and red circle is UP players need to get out of there as fast has possible, in preference and 1st place they need to kite it, if they cant and get 1hit, yes a dodoge or something that blinks/dash out of the AOE needs to be wasted.

    i actully was having direct HP hit w/o warning nor MS rings most of the time XD, if i could survive the initial 20k hit, yes it is possible .
    Sadly gw2 was supose to be a game to pay atention to what hapening on screen but players cant relly on that due all skills being clutered to each other, or not rendering and becomeing invisible skills basicly, so basicly sometimes its pay atention to damage log (wich i think sometimes does not show real values), and pay atention to how fast your health drops and the next reactions to have to GTFO.

    And to think it will become worse with more aoe/cleave spam they will add to make players buy next expantion.... more visual clutter messing up with the rendering stuff-

  • Aridon.8362Aridon.8362 Member ✭✭✭

    Pretty sure if they fixed this the game would be really good. kitten if only I had a nickel.

  • SWI.4127SWI.4127 Member ✭✭✭

    Ele was in a pretty decent place before this whole fiasco, I don't know why they decided to even mess with it.

  • Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

    The hot fix time farm is weird chose of balancing and bug fixing in this game. I reported it 1 day after the patch in game though bugs report and talked about it on the ele forms. Was that not soon enofe or are all of our post about bugs in game and the ele forms just ppl talking into a wall?

    The longer this goes on the more we can work out how Anet realty feels about there players. They seem to go back on there own ideals of balancing with in weeks of a chose they do not seem to be reading any thing about these things on the forms other then the high used ones and it looks like no one is reading the in game bug reports in a timely manor.

    What is going on at Anet and what happen to the old Anet?

    See ELE forms and you will get my views.

  • Victory.2879Victory.2879 Member ✭✭✭

    @Hiraldo.7954 said:
    Why is there a "window" for a hotfix when the point of a hotfix is so you don't have to wait for a major patch to fix game-breaking bugs?

    And yes, this is game-breaking. Meteor is literally oneshotting everything, I've been hit for 25k on minstrels FB.

    @Victory.2879 said:
    So back to wet noodles for anything other than totally glass cannon or weaver builds?
    Oh well, fun while it lasted. My healy ele was actually doing semi decent damage there for a bit.
    Ele needs a complete rework so that there are not so many ways to boost the damage output, so that base ele can still do decent damage whilst not being glass cannon or weaver.

    But that would involve actual work and a balance team working on wvw. So I wasted my fingers.

    I'm not sure if you're aware, but in order to do damage you're supposed to use damage stats. If you don't spec into damage and expect to still do damage, I'm not sure what to tell you. Your "healy ele" dealing good amounts of damage from range is not balanced, it's the exact opposite, idk how that's hard to understand.

    @oOStaticOo.9467 said:
    People are just Salty that their current Scourge Zerg Meta was being broken is all. They adapted to something that they know is broken already as well and now are throwing a tantrum that something else came along and changed that all up. As a whole people fear change. I thought it was nice that there was a counter to all this stupid Scourge Zerg Pirateship Meta. You didn't have to deal with Firebrands and Spellbreakers making Scourges impossible to kill as they face rolled you with all of their stupid AoE's. Oh well, back to the Unbalanced Meta in a week where I will go back to Roaming with my Ranger again.

    There is a counter to the scourge kitten, it's called a decent comp. Scourge isn't ubiquidous anymore, anet gutted it pretty hard. It you're still just stacking scourges you should really take a look at the patch notes for the last 5 months or so and rethink that. 30k kitten meteors is not balanced. The current meta is not pirate ship (well, it wasn't, until meteor got completely busted. Now it's pretty pirateshippy). In fact, I'm not convinced you know what "pirateship" means. Or "balanced", for that matter.

    It's posts like these that make me glad anet doesn't listen to the community's balance feedback.

    I expect to do some damage as I'm running a balanced build- my tempest is mainly in water as support and before this patch meteor shower would be not really worth casting (seeing as you have to stand still to cast...) as the damage was meh.

    What I'm saying is they need to be careful on how they nerf it - otherwise it will become completely useless. I agree atm with specced into it and with weaver the skill is OP.

    Idk how hard this is for you to understand..

  • breno.5423breno.5423 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 20, 2018

    @Karl McLain.5604 said:
    An update on this:
    The window for hot-fixing the issue was missed. The fix will be going out with the next update, which is the planned for this upcoming Tuesday. Damage is currently 60% above what's intended (per-strike) and we'll be setting it back down to its normal levels.

    60%? I'm sure its like 300% or more.
    Look - https://imgur.com/ElEXTNP

  • breno.5423breno.5423 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 20, 2018

    @breno.5423 said:

    @Karl McLain.5604 said:
    An update on this:
    The window for hot-fixing the issue was missed. The fix will be going out with the next update, which is the planned for this upcoming Tuesday. Damage is currently 60% above what's intended (per-strike) and we'll be setting it back down to its normal levels.

    60%? I'm sure its like 300% or more.

    Look
    https://imgur.com/ElEXTNP

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @breno.5423 said:

    @Karl McLain.5604 said:
    An update on this:
    The window for hot-fixing the issue was missed. The fix will be going out with the next update, which is the planned for this upcoming Tuesday. Damage is currently 60% above what's intended (per-strike) and we'll be setting it back down to its normal levels.

    60%? I'm sure its like 300% or more.
    Look - https://imgur.com/ElEXTNP

    Two hits at 24k is only 12k per hit unless the complicated math went over my head.

    Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

  • I was wondering: Why didn’t you deactivate the skill, until it has been fixed? You always deactivate traits, if they are too buggy, why not this skill? 60 % more damage than intended is really serious.

  • Are any other tweaks to the balance patch going to be put in the hot fix next week?

  • Spurnshadow.3678Spurnshadow.3678 Member ✭✭✭

    It just blows my mind how long it takes to hotfix the damage on one skill on one weapon on one class. We're not talking about how the skill functions, how it interacts or synergizes with other traits, just the damage. It's just beyond me.

    And missing your "window," I understand there's different people that are in charge of implementing patches, but the fact that there's just no urgency to get this done before the weekend, the height of WvW play, is another big let down and very telling of Anet's priorities. I mean, is it actually fixed internally but the patch people don't want to bother? Don't want to work overtime? Do whatever it takes to fix this so we don't have this for 4.5 more days? Disappointing.

  • XxsdgxX.8109XxsdgxX.8109 Member ✭✭✭

    Very nice, thanks for the update Karl. Really looking forward to the fix on all gamemodes.

  • Hopefully they are compensating it with multiple adjustments to other skills in at least pve

    otherwise... YIKES

  • Karnasis.6892Karnasis.6892 Member ✭✭✭

    So many people are salty about a skill that has an activation time..... you know you could just get out of the way lol.

    Also, scourge is still the meta for zergs like it or not (well until this bug anyway). I've seen countless zergs over the last couple of months with like 15 scourges, along with a bunch of Firebrand's and Spellbreakers. Like it or not Scourges were (and after this bug fix will be) the top option for AoE damage (although Eles had decent MS's so occasionally I saw a few of those in groups too)

  • jdmThor.3806jdmThor.3806 Member ✭✭

    Thank you Karl :)

  • Sojourner.4621Sojourner.4621 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Karnasis.6892 said:
    So many people are salty about a skill that has an activation time..... you know you could just get out of the way lol.

    Also, scourge is still the meta for zergs like it or not (well until this bug anyway). I've seen countless zergs over the last couple of months with like 15 scourges, along with a bunch of Firebrand's and Spellbreakers. Like it or not Scourges were (and after this bug fix will be) the top option for AoE damage (although Eles had decent MS's so occasionally I saw a few of those in groups too)

    Well, tbh CONDI scourge was the meta for the last couple months, but the most recent patch with the ICD on Dhuumfire really severely hurt their damage (Not that I disagree with the nerf, it was needed) alongside osme other little changes. The POWER scourge on the other hand now looks really good by comparison and does some really strong spike pressure. Power scourge was always good, but this is shining a light on just how good it actually is.

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    You would think that MS was only available to one server in each matchup.

    It's available to any Ele on any tier in any server.

    It may not be fun, it is certainly bugged, and will be fixed.

    But the matchups AREN'T borked and the game ISN'T broken.

    Choose to run it or not. Mid matchup it will revert.

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • @Keldash.3602 said:

    @TheProfessor.7012 said:
    Oh boy, I bet when this finally gets fixed that it will make staff Elementalist even weaker in PvE because your attempts at balancing the class have always been sub-par.
    Sometimes I think the people you hire to balance class skills don't even play the game but I quietly hope that someday your balance team will actually become intelligent to balance Elementalist in a way that doesn't continually break its role as one of the main damage dealers in the game.

    Just bring deadeyes now ez =)

    Absolutely not. I do not enjoy the thief class in the slightest and my Elementalist has been my go to damage class for almost four years now, I will not give that up no matter how much Anet tries to kill us.

    [TLC] The Legion of Charr § Silver Scout § Fort Aspenwood

  • @Chaba.5410 said:
    Buff Meteor Shower by 60%. drops mic

    picks mic up "hell yea" drops mic

  • elixir build be very bad after remake toss elxir u

  • breno.5423breno.5423 Member ✭✭✭

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @breno.5423 said:

    @Karl McLain.5604 said:
    An update on this:
    The window for hot-fixing the issue was missed. The fix will be going out with the next update, which is the planned for this upcoming Tuesday. Damage is currently 60% above what's intended (per-strike) and we'll be setting it back down to its normal levels.

    60%? I'm sure its like 300% or more.
    Look - https://imgur.com/ElEXTNP

    Two hits at 24k is only 12k per hit unless the complicated math went over my head.

    Only? rofl

  • Optimator.3589Optimator.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭

    This sounds like a classic MMO "balance" fix. Take an ability that was fine for quite a long time, start monkeying around with numbers, break it in one direction, and then break it in the other. MS should hit pretty dang hard given how long you're rooted in place to cast it. Nowhere near as hard as it has been with this bug, but it was fine 6 months ago.

    Dev philosophy: If it ain't broke, keep fixing it until it is.

    REDUCE NA TO 3 TIERS

  • Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Optimator.3589 said:
    This sounds like a classic MMO "balance" fix. Take an ability that was fine for quite a long time, start monkeying around with numbers, break it in one direction, and then break it in the other. MS should hit pretty dang hard given how long you're rooted in place to cast it. Nowhere near as hard as it has been with this bug, but it was fine 6 months ago.

    Dev philosophy: If it ain't broke, keep fixing it until it is.

    More aimless balancing with no talk on what anet is going for i guess that is the cure of Anet. It seems more so for ele then the other classes at least they have a real nich where ele was too gen in a sea of near gen classes.

    See ELE forms and you will get my views.

  • Karnasis.6892Karnasis.6892 Member ✭✭✭

    @Sojourner.4621 said:

    Well, tbh CONDI scourge was the meta for the last couple months, but the most recent patch with the ICD on Dhuumfire really severely hurt their damage (Not that I disagree with the nerf, it was needed) alongside osme other little changes. The POWER scourge on the other hand now looks really good by comparison and does some really strong spike pressure. Power scourge was always good, but this is shining a light on just how good it actually is.

    Interesting, I've been hearing about Power Scourge but kept thinking to myself "How does a power scourge exist, the spec is so condi heavy that a power spec seems impossible.... also even the f skills are condi based... mostly" but then I also remember that reaper was supposed to be Power based (and commonly is run power) but for a while was seen as Condi..... so I mean anything goes I guess XD

    However I'd MUCH rather see a Power Scourge meta than the condi..... understandably a Power Scourge will still apply some condi, but not as much and not as powerfully (I hope).

  • this is legit game breaking i hope you guys can fix this soon my whole entire guild is ending WvW night early because they get hit with 30k crit meteor showers.

  • mulzi.8273mulzi.8273 Member ✭✭✭

    @Karnasis.6892 said:

    However I'd MUCH rather see a Power Scourge meta than the condi..... understandably a Power Scourge will still apply some condi, but not as much and not as powerfully (I hope).

    Thats what we call 'Reaper'.

  • Mini Crinny.6190Mini Crinny.6190 Member ✭✭✭

    @ElfinLied.1398 said:
    this is legit game breaking i hope you guys can fix this soon my whole entire guild is ending WvW night early because they get hit with 30k crit meteor showers.

    Game breaking would be making your game crash or lag issues, MS does not do that

  • dawsm.5398dawsm.5398 Member ✭✭

    @Linus The One.7432 said:
    We also have a few other elementalist issues:
    "Lightning Storm" (Glyph of Storms in Air Attunement):

    • wrong lower threshhold 20% instead of 30%
    • each hit lowers damage by 5% instead of 10%

    "Invoke Lightning" (Lightning Hammer Skill 4)

    • Wrong coefficient: ~0.7 instead of 0.825 (while neither of those are the 60% more coming from 0.5 mentioned in the patch notes)
    • 20 instead of 18 hits

    Will these also be part of the patch fix next week?
    They might need some rebalancing for numbers though, if these fixes come through.

    Lets not forget that the mid-water trait, "Cleansing Wave" has also ceased to work. The Evasive Arcana proc of the skill still behaves normally on dodge, but the actual traited version (that's supposed to be applied with attuning to water) does not. The bug isn't picky about ele variant either, it doesn't work for Core, Tempest, or Weaver.

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/48017/cleansing-wave-trait-not-removing-conditions-anymore-on-ele?

    I'm not sure why ele landed with so many broken bits this last update.

  • Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I am not sure what up but my meteor shower numbers are all over the places some times i crit for 3k some times i crit for 15k maybe dmg migration is to powerful in this game.

    See ELE forms and you will get my views.

  • how can people possibly be defending 10k damage per meteor...this skill is literally better than siege equipment

  • tippolit.3591tippolit.3591 Member ✭✭✭

    I'm sorry but this is a disgrace. Missed the window due to what? Don't tell me for a rehashed festival. Hopefully the fix won't take as long as it did for the sunken chests, etc. The bugs, drop off in responsiveness and formulaic updates is truly getting old.

  • Chasind.3128Chasind.3128 Member ✭✭✭

    Ele has no survivability and now what made them a force to be reckoned with will make them, once again "umm.. no eles in my group pls." for WvW
    They can sustain very well! But just immob them and poison. EZ Pz Dead ele. If they try to do damage, then you sneeze on them and they're dead. If you want better survivability, then you hit like a wet noode. You can barely cleanse conditions as it is, and after the nerf eles will get- once again, every class will STILL do everything better than ele can. People say ele has always been the top in DPS. Where? PvE? Where it doesn't matter? Where any Joe-Bloe can afk his way through boss trains?

  • Chasind.3128Chasind.3128 Member ✭✭✭

    @Fines Juliverine.5846 said:
    Hopefully they are compensating it with multiple adjustments to other skills in at least pve

    otherwise... YIKES

    /Car Salesman Meme
    -slaps roof of anet-
    We got all the "Balances"
    -nerfs
    -nerfs
    -nerfs
    -nerfs
    -nerfs
    -reworks into good condition
    -nerfs again

  • Garrus.7403Garrus.7403 Member ✭✭✭

    @Chasind.3128 said:
    Ele has no survivability

    You lost me after that. Good yoke m8. How is mistform, blink, downsteadmistform.... no survivability. Good eles where first in dps meter before the meteor bug. Maybe you have to tryhard more and put some effort to do dmg and not just rely on one skill.

  • ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Egorum.9506 said:
    Yes being ignored for a week and then saying 'we'll get to it later' while a game mode is destroyed was a brilliant solution

    Sounds like business as usual.

  • Karnasis.6892Karnasis.6892 Member ✭✭✭

    @mulzi.8273 said:

    @Karnasis.6892 said:

    However I'd MUCH rather see a Power Scourge meta than the condi..... understandably a Power Scourge will still apply some condi, but not as much and not as powerfully (I hope).

    Thats what we call 'Reaper'.

    Except if you read both the person I quoted (though didn't include) and mine, we WERE talking about Power Scourge.... not Power Reaper

  • steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Street Peddler.2638 said:
    how can people possibly be defending 10k damage per meteor...this skill is literally better than siege equipment

    Siege has no cooldown, MS has 24. Rev hammer skills are much quicker, do same damage, on much lower cd and a lot harder to avoid. The only advantage that MS has over rev skills is aoe and hitting multiple times, but that aoe is pretty easy to avoid.

    15-20k on every hit is unacceptable, but 10k is expected from such skill.

    Deso's favorite FROG
    Master of afk and kiting
    The God of Pips and Gud Deeps
    Froggo himself

  • KiloCharlieRomeo.1874KiloCharlieRomeo.1874 Member ✭✭
    edited July 22, 2018

    Okay so.... lets try to recapitulate:

    This issue concerns mostly:
    1 - WvW,
    2 - Weavers who want to do some efforts (skill-level) at a minimum;
    2 - zerg-fights (several Weavers to do a punctual spike or to cover a large area);
    4 - a minimum coordination or simply, some skilled individuals who do know what to do in a fight in the same team (CC's and some corrupts/rips).

    Once these 4 criteria met (yes, that's already a good point but not that much effort) they are indeed a BIG game-change, almost (!) independently of the skill-level of the opponents (and that's the reason of all this cry, dear ANet).
    In very organized guild-raids of a certain level this may be not such an issue (as like the Scourge-cancer was at the very beginning) but in average pug-fights it's just devastating. With all the red circles in big-scale once engaged after the initial moments of marks and pirateshipping it's really hard to see when a MS comes in, usually you pop your bub (if left), invuln (if left) or dodge (if left and if any place left uncovered by MS) after the first 20k hit - witch is too late for the most of us and/or lets you naked for the next MS. One hit of 15k? yeah okay it's a big stuff, happenz. Several 10k++ hits from the same caster in some seconds??. hmmmm... MS dealing reasonably big damage on AoE was/is okay but this...

    There are other classes that might hit hard, yes - but not on an AoE that can cover large areas and can hit THAT hard. Aaaand.... Staff Weavers were always been welcome as DPS in organized zergs AFAIK.... so peeps who say "kewl atl ele's are welcome again" - from what planet are you? Staff eles do great damage, hard- and soft CC and provide water since, hmmmmm, ever in big-scale - even in BS-meta there was place left for them aside the FL auramancers.

    Ele survivability - is that a joke or a L2P issue? I certainly do have bad times when running alone across the map in zerg-build vs any gank-build and that on any classes (but hey you can easily change some traits if you know you'll have to run a lot to your tag / you'll go to cap a camp -> roam a bit). In pure bigscale... once you learn the positioning you're safe except organized focus/havoc teams (but that on any class).

    The pirateship-meta is the worst stuff in WvW, it kills fun (for a big majority I think). It does not require much of skill and punishes those who actually wanna maneuver and fight.

    So please dear ANet, yes this is a big issue in bigscale (meant to if I'm not wrong) WvW at the moment. Happy that you are aware of (indeed good start). Now, might we get a patch like, really fast pliz?

  • Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @KiloCharlieRomeo.1874 said:
    Okay so.... lets try to recapitulate:

    This issue concerns mostly:
    1 - WvW,
    2 - Weavers who want to do some efforts (skill-level) at a minimum;
    2 - zerg-fights (several Weavers to do a punctual spike or to cover a large area);
    4 - a minimum coordination or simply, some skilled individuals who do know what to do in a fight in the same team (CC's and some corrupts/rips).

    Once these 4 criteria met (yes, that's already a good point but not that much effort) they are indeed a BIG game-change, almost (!) independently of the skill-level of the opponents (and that's the reason of all this cry, dear ANet).
    In very organized guild-raids of a certain level this may be not such an issue (as like the Scourge-cancer was at the very beginning) but in average pug-fights it's just devastating. With all the red circles in big-scale once engaged after the initial moments of marks and pirateshipping it's really hard to see when a MS comes in, usually you pop your bub (if left), invuln (if left) or dodge (if left and if any place left uncovered by MS) after the first 20k hit - witch is too late for the most of us and/or lets you naked for the next MS. One hit of 15k? yeah okay it's a big stuff, happenz. Several 10k++ hits from the same caster in some seconds??. hmmmm... MS dealing reasonably big damage on AoE was/is okay but this...

    There are other classes that might hit hard, yes - but not on an AoE that can cover large areas and can hit THAT hard. Aaaand.... Staff Weavers were always been welcome as DPS in organized zergs AFAIK.... so peeps who say "kewl atl ele's are welcome again" - from what planet are you? Staff eles do great damage, hard- and soft CC and provide water since, hmmmmm, ever in big-scale - even in BS-meta there was place left for them aside the FL auramancers.

    Ele survivability - is that a joke or a L2P issue? I certainly do have bad times when running alone across the map in zerg-build vs any gank-build and that on any classes (but hey you can easily change some traits if you know you'll have to run a lot to your tag / you'll go to cap a camp -> roam a bit). In pure bigscale... once you learn the positioning you're safe except organized focus/havoc teams (but that on any class).

    The pirateship-meta is the worst stuff in WvW, it kills fun (for a big majority I think). It does not require much of skill and punishes those who actually wanna maneuver and fight.

    So please dear ANet, yes this is a big issue in bigscale (meant to if I'm not wrong) WvW at the moment. Happy that you are aware of (indeed good start). Now, might we get a patch like, really fast pliz?

    The size of it realty hide the rng of the skill with the the large aoe your only realy hitting 180 vs 3 targets your not realty hitting the full 360.

    Cast time and the root of the cast goes a long way to holding the skill back things like CR can be done on the move realty most big hitting skills that are doing 12k dmg are very much on the move skills.

    Ele dose its big dmg spell or its cc not both at the same time.

    If your ganking an ele it cant set up its dmg making it a pointless class. Other classe are very much able to tank hits and use dmg skills. If your ganking an ele and its not casting spell that is effecly killing the ele for the fight.

    Pirateship-meta is only due to bad drivers and fear. If you let ranged classes set up there dmg skill then you should never be able to push in but if you dont let them set up then they are nothing.

    See ELE forms and you will get my views.

  • @steki.1478 said:

    @Street Peddler.2638 said:
    how can people possibly be defending 10k damage per meteor...this skill is literally better than siege equipment

    Siege has no cooldown, MS has 24. Rev hammer skills are much quicker, do same damage, on much lower cd and a lot harder to avoid. The only advantage that MS has over rev skills is aoe and hitting multiple times, but that aoe is pretty easy to avoid.

    15-20k on every hit is unacceptable, but 10k is expected from such skill.

    no its not expected, cause its about to be brought down 60%

  • @Jski.6180 said:
    The size of it realty hide the rng of the skill with the the large aoe your only realy hitting 180 vs 3 targets your not realty hitting the full 360.

    It needs a double-dodge to get out of it that's why size matters.

    @Jski.6180 said:
    Cast time and the root of the cast goes a long way to holding the skill back things like CR can be done on the move realty most big hitting skills that are doing 12k dmg are very much on the move skills.

    Sure. But not that insane DMG MS is doin right now.

    @Jski.6180 said:
    Ele dose its big dmg spell or its cc not both at the same time.

    My intention was to point that it is a really versatile class that has always a place in WvW zergs.... Static, Unsteady Ground, Shockwave in some secs whilst the other ele goes Meteor than switch roles, GG. Needs coordination, yes.

    @Jski.6180 said:
    If your ganking an ele it cant set up its dmg making it a pointless class. Other classe are very much able to tank hits and use dmg skills. If your ganking an ele and its not casting spell that is effecly killing the ele for the fight.

    Any zerg-class wich is focused has bad times, glass-canon especially. Positioning, reflects, invulns, teleport - you have choices to do your job.

    @Jski.6180 said:
    Pirateship-meta is only due to bad drivers and fear. If you let ranged classes set up there dmg skill then you should never be able to push in but if you dont let them set up then they are nothing.

    Lulz. Or, at least, I disagree. This would mean no choke-fights at all, if you cannot get the enemy zerg by surprise the only possibility left is portalbombing. Doing 10 fake pushes to make enemy eles wast all their MS takes a bit too long.... and if a minimum organized they can upkeep it. "Setting up" the ranged DMG doesn't take ages.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.