Meteor Wars!

Straegen.2938

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Egorum.9506 said:Someone I was running with tonight got a 20k meteor hit, meteor definitely is doing more now when it should be doing less?

YES! its doing way too much dmg when it should be doing much less due to the crit dmg nerf on weaver (ele core version should be the same but still lol at weaver getting a free 15% crit over core ele).

20K in one shot is way too much dmg from any skill in this game.

@Jski.6180 said:

@Egorum.9506 said:Someone I was running with tonight got a 20k meteor hit, meteor definitely is doing more now when it should be doing less?

YES! its doing way too much dmg when it should be doing much less due to the crit dmg nerf on weaver (ele core version should be the same but still lol at weaver getting a free 15% crit over core ele).

Tell that to all the shatter mesmers and deadeyes.

@Optimator.3589 said:

Tell that to all the shatter mesmers and deadeyes.

All day every day.

I was playing some weaver yesterday and yes the meteor atm cant be how its supposed to be. i dropped 1 meteor on a zerg and i recorded it.almost all meteorhits i had was over 10k, and most of the hits where over 15k i even had 3-4 meteor hits being over 20k. its like the meteor atm just ignores toughness. i was running almost full marauder + meta traits. i went from 29k dmg overall to 500k in a matter of seconds during the meteor shower. i main scourge and the day of patch i played full celestial which is pretty tanky and u got 27k health and i still melted in 2 meteor hits. this cant be intended. im not gonna cry about it, but i know something is op when i see it lol

If by some miracle an arena.net dev reads this, here's what ya need. #1 Revert the Scourge nerf to Dhuumfire - it was not needed, #2 Revert the changes to Elementalist with Meteor, since it's CLEARLY busted, #3 Don't make a stealth snipe class (Deadeyes) able to 1 shot majority of classes, so revert that too thanks, #4 Stop listening to the massive QQ threads about what is and isn't overpowered, and instead listen to the intelligent voices in the WvW community who have at least some minor understanding of game balance. Thanks, on behalf of the entire WvW community who actually enjoy the game.

@Amorimm.6732 said:If by some miracle an arena.net dev reads this, here's what ya need. #1 Revert the Scourge nerf to Dhuumfire - it was not needed, #2 Revert the changes to Elementalist with Meteor, since it's CLEARLY busted, #3 Don't make a stealth snipe class (Deadeyes) able to 1 shot majority of classes, so revert that too thanks, #4 Stop listening to the massive QQ threads about what is and isn't overpowered, and instead listen to the intelligent voices in the WvW community who have at least some minor understanding of game balance. Thanks, on behalf of the entire WvW community who actually enjoy the game.

and you decide who the intelligent voices in wvw are? topkek, everybody thinks hes the one who has atleast minor understanding of whats going on, including me ofc!

dhuumfire nerf was good, the rest i can agree with

and you decide who the intelligent voices in wvw are? topkek, everybody thinks hes the one who has atleast minor understanding of whats going on, including me ofc!

Good point. Dhuumfire nerf was overdone, it's from shade skills down to 1 of them every 5 seconds, and with how insane burning is it's a considerably dps drop, they could have probably done the nerf a little better.

@Sander.8249 said:its like the meteor atm just ignores toughness. i was running almost full marauder + meta traits.

Yes, its almost like meteor completely ignores toughness when you run with 0 toughness.

Anyway, meteors was already hitting for insane damage before (seen 8-10k on 2k toughness). I didnt really notice anything much worse tuesday/wednesday, but maybe that was just my particular fights.

I honestly also prefer that style of combat. I mean sure they do a ton of damage, but eles melt even to bruiser builds and it makes flanking strikes by focus parties more important, unlike the normal bunker scourge carpet meta which is practicly impossible to flank. Dont really expect it to change much though.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Sander.8249 said:its like the meteor atm just ignores toughness. i was running almost full marauder + meta traits.

Yes, its almost like meteor completely ignores toughness when you run with 0 toughness.

Anyway, meteors was already hitting for insane damage before (seen 8-10k on 2k toughness). I didnt really notice anything much worse tuesday/wednesday, but maybe that was just my particular fights.

I honestly also prefer that style of combat. I mean sure they do a ton of damage, but eles melt even to bruiser builds and it makes flanking strikes by focus parties more important, unlike the normal bunker scourge carpet meta which is practicly impossible to flank. Dont really expect it to change much though.

you are taking my full statement out a context. i said what my meteor hits where, and then i said its like the meteor just ignores toughness atm and im clearly talking about outgoing dmg and not incoming dmg'. then i say what gear i was running . ofc i understand that i dont have toughness when i run almost full marauder

Archived