Where is ur patience!?

They did what they considered correct.

They Nerfed too much - okey... some will say "its bad bring old stuff back" others will say "tnx, finally".Lets just wait and hope they will fix (not all, but some part) and see if this will be better.

These days even if everything is perfect - there will be people who will complain about that. Funny.But when DEVs screw something or do something that U dont like - u will call them "idiots" or even quit game only because of that.There will be always NERFS u like it or no. U need to deal with that.

Welcome to the interwebs.There will always be someone who's offended, there's always someone to disagree with. You will always find someone to complain and nothing will ever be ok. Ppl don't usually voice their oppinion if they think all is fine and dandy, so one might get the impression that all is lost when reading coment sections or forums, not just this one, all the forums and comment sections.

The balance patch in this game is pathetic, they just change numbers most of times and also where it wouldnt be needed. It's like this since ever in gw2, you see balance patch coming out you ask yourself out will they break next so people will change for whatever was not nerfed. This happens all time in pvp and end game pve for rotations, so if you are not into this ofcourse its not gonna bother you. But people who do play mostly this as a end game they care and they are dissapointed by the lazziness the devs are trowing at this balance patches. What did you expect to see other than hate after anet trows patches like last one since ever.

@Verthurnax.2784 said:The balance patch in this game is pathetic, they just change numbers most of times and also where it wouldnt be needed. It's like this since ever in gw2, you see balance patch coming out you ask yourself out will they break next so people will change for whatever was not nerfed. This happens all time in pvp and end game pve for rotations, so if you are not into this ofcourse its not gonna bother you. But people who do play mostly this as a end game they care and they are dissapointed by the lazziness the devs are trowing at this balance patches. What did you expect to see other than hate after anet trows patches like last one since ever.

Actually I am not seeing too much of an issue with this balance patch... balance in an MMO is a fickle thing and will never be liked by all. It's a kind of damned if you do damned if you don't sort of thing.. especially when the games is changing, habits are changing and ideas are constantly being thrown from all sides of the balance pool.There will never be the perfect balance in any MMO because there are just too many variables, some of which are outside the control of the devs, but just because you feel you've been hit hard, someone else is cool with it after suffering in insignificance previous.. just saying :)

@"mikeeens.3542" said:They did what they considered correct.

They Nerfed too much - okey... some will say "its bad bring old stuff back" others will say "tnx, finally".Lets just wait and hope they will fix (not all, but some part) and see if this will be better.

These days even if everything is perfect - there will be people who will complain about that. Funny.But when DEVs screw something or do something that U dont like - u will call them "idiots" or even quit game only because of that.There will be always NERFS u like it or no. U need to deal with that.

When certain classes are being nerfed patch after patch, and remain at the bottom of the table then the devs are getting it wrong very very wrong, and it needs addressed, its slowly becoming clear they are only willing to really invest time into a few classes to balance them, everyone else will get nerfed down and down so they are not used, the less a class is used the less anet have to worry about it, and yes that will result in some people quitting the game, but that ok as that's one less person playing a class that needs more nerfing so it all balances out,

The game I feel is slowly being marketed to people who are only interested in playing certain classes in this game now, if your not into playing the select classes then you are not important to them and it wont make a difference if you play or not,

I personally have played GW1 since beta, and GW2 since beta, and im just about there with the nerfs to classes I enjoyed playing while I watch others get buffed to continue to rain supreme, so im about to become 1 of them players they no longer want in game too.

People will always complain. That's a fact. That being said, it is perfectly valid to leave the game if you find it no longer fun. Which is a very real possibility of an overnerf. I also don't think simply waiting and hoping would do any good. As an ele main, all I've seen is nerfs, then more nerfs. I see no reason to expect any different, therefore I'll voice my discontent. Think of it as the way I found to deal with that.

@Ok I Did It.2854 said:

When certain classes are being nerfed patch after patch, and remain at the bottom of the table then the devs are getting it wrong very very wrong, and it needs addressed, its slowly becoming clear they are only willing to really invest time into a few classes to balance them, everyone else will get nerfed down and down so they are not used, the less a class is used the less anet have to worry about it, and yes that will result in some people quitting the game, but that ok as that's one less person playing a class that needs more nerfing so it all balances out,

The game I feel is slowly being marketed to people who are only interested in playing certain classes in this game now, if your not into playing the select classes then you are not important to them and it wont make a difference if you play or not,

I personally have played GW1 since beta, and GW2 since beta, and im just about there with the nerfs to classes I enjoyed playing while I watch others get buffed to continue to rain supreme, so im about to become 1 of them players they no longer want in game too.

Actually, balance is not about who´s at the top and who´s at the bottom, it is rather about reducing the discrepancy between bottom and top.And this is something, where Anet fails to see the necessary changes that need to be done, in order to get bottom and top close together, so that chosing a class becomes more a question of what suits your taste, rather than which class performs best in certain content.

Though, balancing in this game can be a challenge, due them having to balance three gamemodes: PvE,PvP,WvWUnfortunately, they´re inconsistent whith splitting the balance for these three gamemodes, which would be the first step to balance the game properly.

@Arzurag.7506 said:

Actually, balance is not about who´s at the top and who´s at the bottom, it is rather about reducing the discrepancy between bottom and top.And this is something, where Anet fails to see the necessary changes that need to be done, in order to get bottom and top close together, so that chosing a class becomes more a question of what suits your taste, rather than which class performs best in certain content.

Though, balancing in this game can be a challenge, due them having to balance three gamemodes: PvE,PvP,WvWUnfortunately, they´re inconsistent whith splitting the balance for these three gamemodes, which would be the first step to balance the game properly.

Pretty much this!Also, it's true what someone else said earlier, they tend to go the path of less resistence and doing the bare minimum changes, which tend to compound with previous patches and make things worse.

The best case study for this is Scourge:Scourge's main problem is that shades are a long duration aoe on a spot that can convert a ton of boons into conditions. So, the best solution to the problem would be to make it so that shades become an entity instead of an aoe, and can be targeted and handled by others (kinda like Renegade summons, but not as bad, cause those are terrible).Instead they've been nerfing everything but the shade mechanic, which has resulted from Scourge going from "OK" in PVE to, "useless without epidemic", to "utterly useless now that they nerfed epidemic". And for the most part, these nerfs that killed the class for PvE did little to nothing to assuage the PvP problems.

There has never been perfect balancing in an MMO and never will be. Every MMO struggles with balance issues.What one person says is the perfect balance then someone else says that no that's not working.What may be talked about here on the forum may not be what ANet sees in the numbers from the game itself.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

Pretty much this!Also, it's true what someone else said earlier, they tend to go the path of less resistence and doing the bare minimum changes, which tend to compound with previous patches and make things worse.

The best case study for this is Scourge:Scourge's main problem is that shades are a long duration aoe on a spot that can convert a ton of boons into conditions. So, the best solution to the problem would be to make it so that shades become an entity instead of an aoe, and can be targeted and handled by others (kinda like Renegade summons, but not as bad, cause those are terrible).Instead they've been nerfing everything but the shade mechanic, which has resulted from Scourge going from "OK" in PVE to, "useless without epidemic", to "utterly useless now that they nerfed epidemic". And for the most part, these nerfs that killed the class for PvE did little to nothing to assuage the PvP problems.

Scourge is kinda tricky to balance, due his mechanic of dropping a shade and spamming his f-key-rotation, which doesn´t require that much thought and in addition with traits that give conditions on shade-hit, it becomes a matter of how fast you can press all f-keys and refill your life-force.Now, I would start to balance this spec out by giving each shade a health-bar, which is a pretty good idea of yours, though I would make it so, that it only applies in pvp, because now matter how much health shades have in pve, they would die in merely seconds due the high amount of damage that most enemies in fractals and raids can dish out.

Anet already did give traits like dhumfire a cooldown so the application of additional conditions is about to be balanced already, though I would again split the change between pvp and pve, giving the first a 5 seconds cooldown and the latter a 3 seconds cooldown on applying burn per shade hit.

And we could probably make even more reasonable suggestions about how scourge needs to be balanced but all suggestions require splitting the gamemodes in terms of balance.

It is like Anet refuses to do so, maybe so that players don´t have to remember the differences across the gamemodes, which actually wouldn´t even be a problem.The pvp-players knows his stuff and so does the pve-player, there´s no problem at all. Or they fear that, with further changes, certain abilities and traits become too different across all modes, which would also not be a problem, as long as the mechanic remains the same, numerical values can be adjustes as needed.

@Arzurag.7506 said:

Scourge is kinda tricky to balance, due his mechanic of dropping a shade and spamming his f-key-rotation, which doesn´t require that much thought and in addition with traits that give conditions on shade-hit, it becomes a matter of how fast you can press all f-keys and refill your life-force.Now, I would start to balance this spec out by giving each shade a health-bar, which is a pretty good idea of yours, though I would make it so, that it only applies in pvp, because now matter how much health shades have in pve, they would die in merely seconds due the high amount of damage that most enemies in fractals and raids can dish out.

Anet already did give traits like dhumfire a cooldown so the application of additional conditions is about to be balanced already, though I would again split the change between pvp and pve, giving the first a 5 seconds cooldown and the latter a 3 seconds cooldown on applying burn per shade hit.

And we could probably make even more reasonable suggestions about how scourge needs to be balanced but all suggestions require splitting the gamemodes in terms of balance.

It is like Anet refuses to do so, maybe so that players don´t have to remember the differences across the gamemodes, which actually wouldn´t even be a problem.The pvp-players knows his stuff and so does the pve-player, there´s no problem at all. Or they fear that, with further changes, certain abilities and traits become too different across all modes, which would also not be a problem, as long as the mechanic remains the same, numerical values can be adjustes as needed.

I wouldn't give it a health bar though...I'd give it a break bar. In PvP it would fit the theme of necros, who's main weakness has always been mobility and CC. Also it would make it almost immortal in PvE already.Also it would mean that enemies, in pvp would have to invest something into getting rid of the shade, not just cleave it.

Dhuumfire changes were really wonky, and actually anathema to their own excuse to not split skills between game modes. They're actually having it do different things, not between game modes but between Elites, which, in my opinion, is worse.

We've had patience for over 5 years.

People wanted Necromancers to stop being a joke, ANet did nothing. People wanted something to be done to range so it would be more useful in end game content, ANet did nothing. People wanted Elementalist to be nerfed so they would stop being so absurdly powerful compared to every other DPS, ANet reacts NOW. Rangers have wanted some sort of change to be done to their pets so they're more useful and not braindead animals that can barely hit anything that's moving, ANet has done nothing.

We've had more than enough patience.

They Nerfed too much - okey... some will say "its bad bring old stuff back" others will say "tnx, finally".Lets just wait and hope they will fix (not all, but some part) and see if this will be better.We keep hearing that since first balance patch ever. And yet some things simply do not get better.

@Arzurag.7506 said:Scourge is kinda tricky to balance, due his mechanic of dropping a shade and spamming his f-key-rotation, which doesn´t require that much thought and in addition with traits that give conditions on shade-hit, it becomes a matter of how fast you can press all f-keys and refill your life-force.In a way, it is easy, just requires letting go of one preconception.Basically, make Scourge a support spec. Move the dps (both condi and power) to reaper and core, whose mechanics are easier to balance in that regard. If Scourge was a good support spec, nobody would complain about its subpar dps. Unfortunately, it's not that good at either.

Archived