The future of the thief spamm 1115

Ragi.7291

This needs a hotfix. They can't possibly leave this like that for a whole 3 months til the next patch. I don't want thief to be gutted and they don't need to come up with a new concept that creates an engaging rotation right away, but @ArenaNet: please change the trait Exposed Weakness that grants 2% per condition to 1% (or just revert it), so the dps will just drop by ~10% again for now. (Or any other trait that produces the same results.) Deadeye is atm ruining the whole raid scene with this and preventing diversity from happening which we are so close to acheive after those Weaver nerfs.

my issue with thief is that we are not number 1 in dps on bosses and then we have this issue for raiding were the thief can stealth for its burst like we should its prity bad when you think about it a little bit. then 1115 is not the issue but if more skills with wepons gave you stealth then i could see a skill combo like 111511131114 or something rather that would be good for pve but this is just me.

@TanksK.4795 said:With this dps, raid will get dominated with 6 thieves for non cleave fight. What's the point of playing other professions other than fun? Same goes for Ele pre-patch power based big hit boxe bosses, but not this patch.

Dont think so, deadeye to achieve that dps needs condi on the boss, 6 deadeyes means no various condi on the boss. Also every single boss that requires a little bit of cleaving would be a problem. Deadeye is sure strong now, but not as close as to what weaver was

@polvere.2805 said:

@TanksK.4795 said:With this dps, raid will get dominated with 6 thieves for non cleave fight. What's the point of playing other professions other than fun? Same goes for Ele pre-patch power based big hit boxe bosses, but not this patch.

Dont think so, deadeye to achieve that dps needs condi on the boss, 6 deadeyes means no various condi on the boss. Also every single boss that requires a little bit of cleaving would be a problem. Deadeye is sure strong now, but not as close as to what weaver was

It's strong damage, but niche, and needs group support. Exactly what a DPS ought to be tbh.

@Vermagus.7804 said:I have no clue what the complaints are, This is a pve buff and second it allows us to have a place in a raid as DPS.buffed to 35k allows thief to have a slot. 38k allows thief to lock all other slots.

@polvere.2805 said:

@"TanksK.4795" said:With this dps, raid will get dominated with 6 thieves for non cleave fight. What's the point of playing other professions other than fun? Same goes for Ele pre-patch power based big hit boxe bosses, but not this patch.Dont think so, deadeye to achieve that dps needs condi on the boss, 6 deadeyes means no various condi on the boss. Also every single boss that requires a little bit of cleaving would be a problem. Deadeye is sure strong now, but not as close as to what weaver wasbleeding from war, burn from war, cripple from war, blind occasionally from war, slow from chrono, chill occasionally from chrono, confu from chrono/iboga, poison from thief, torment from iboga, vuln from storm spirit, so 9 condis are safely there without any other dps. i don't call that "in need of group support".

@Xyonon.3987 said:

@Vermagus.7804 said:I have no clue what the complaints are, This is a pve buff and second it allows us to have a place in a raid as DPS.buffed to 35k allows thief to have a slot. 38k allows thief to lock all other slots.

@"TanksK.4795" said:With this dps, raid will get dominated with 6 thieves for non cleave fight. What's the point of playing other professions other than fun? Same goes for Ele pre-patch power based big hit boxe bosses, but not this patch.Dont think so, deadeye to achieve that dps needs condi on the boss, 6 deadeyes means no various condi on the boss. Also every single boss that requires a little bit of cleaving would be a problem. Deadeye is sure strong now, but not as close as to what weaver wasbleeding from war, burn from war, cripple from war, blind occasionally from war, slow from chrono, chill occasionally from chrono, confu from chrono/iboga, poison from thief, torment from iboga, vuln from storm spirit, so 9 condis are safely there without any other dps. i don't call that "in need of group support".

Huh, looks to me that 3-4 of the slots need to be filled by something other than DE... And you also need to factor in at least 1-2 spots for cleave probably... So at most there would be 4 open spots.

@Xyonon.3987 said:

Only if people refuse to let ele play because they only have 37k DPS (pulling numbers out of the air here), in which case the problem is the players being idiots, not the class. It also ignores the fact that the only thing deadeye could replace is ele, and having two deadeyes would probably be a dps loss over one deadeye one ele due to deadeye being totally reliant on group buffs and the utility etc that ele brings with that DPS.

Ok, so ignoring the fact you don't consider needing three other players to get top DPS and keep a glass thief alive as needing group support (lol), that's a warrior, chrono, deadeye/ele and ranger as required classes, with guard and holo as good choices for the other slots. How is this drastically different from warrior, chrono, ele, ranger with guard and holo as good backups, with the exception of a class that was once not at all desirable now being so?

If you make the DPS of ele, guard, thief, holo the same, people will NEVER choose thief for the DPS slot as then the deciding criteria will be the utility that they bring. The glaring issue here is the mindset of elitist PvE players, not the actual classes.

Maybe that's others' fun.I always want to do the best for my group. My fun is to do the best dps I can do for the group.And with this patch, It only locks in thief...

Would I like to play other classes and be near optimal? Definitely and It would be more fun for me to play variety of classes and do same good dps.

@TanksK.4795 said:Maybe that's others' fun.I always want to do the best for my group. My fun is to do the best dps I can do for the group.And with this patch, It only locks in thief...

Would I like to play other classes and be near optimal? Definitely and It would be more fun for me to play variety of classes and do same good dps.

... Wants to do top DPS... So complains about a professional that SHOULD be top DPS that finally is a top DPSer.

I'm sorry but what exactly are you having a problem with? If it's a fear that raiding will devole into a DE fest... I going to want to know whether you had issues with Ele fest that was going on for the last 5-6 years.

@"Ragi.7291" said:

after P/P spamm 3 now spamm 1115 with D/Dit'll get worse than the phone games where do you spam the screen.

@ArenaNet do you need that for the thief? and for your game?

whats problem?could 1 shot everything in PvE whos harmed? npc's dont care no1 cares lol this shit setup doesnt work in sPvP neither in world vs world

@TanksK.4795 said:It deserves to be top dps, but does the top dps deserve to be this high? while others do like 33k? I'm sry but 4k difference is too over the moon.

Let's remember together the over 40k weaver dps (and the 50 k openers), was it like 46k ? It was around 10 to 13 k over from the other power specs. 4k is nothing

@polvere.2805 said:

@TanksK.4795 said:It deserves to be top dps, but does the top dps deserve to be this high? while others do like 33k? I'm sry but 4k difference is too over the moon.

Let's remember together the over 40k weaver dps (and the 50 k openers), was it like 46k ? It was around 10 to 13 k over from the other power specs. 4k is nothing

In before people start justifying that big of a gap due to the 'complexity' of the Weaver rotation. I mean, thief's new rotation may be simple but a lot of it comes down to positioning since most of their bonus apply via attacking from side and back.

Archived