the mastery and Hero Point system and why it is fundamentally wrong

Argol Vazin.3061

So I do not understand the backwards logic of these two systems. why are elite specs locked behind HPs and why is normal exp gained used for masteries? Back in HoT. how does me roaming about killing monsters and doing meta events that don't require gliding, teach me about gliding? Shouldn't all that combat experience familiarise the character about the new combat techniques they are using instead? That continues in PoF. When I am doing combat and events. I am not learning the ins and outs of raptor riding technique because you jump off it whenever you get into combat.

The way I see it. Hero points should be used for the masteries. and the normal leveling should be for elite specs. Imagine, you unlock glider which then lets you do a bunch of HPs locked behind glider based events and challenges. this way as you collect the HPs you are both in character and out learning how to glide.Having HPs hidden behind raptor based jumping puzzels will teach you how to use it.

I understand the idea why the system is the way it is. because a portion of the player base isn't happy unless they are filling an exp bar and getting a higher number for doing so and having elite specs tied to exp bar instead would mean the exp bar becomes meaningless again after finishing an elite spec, but at least it would make more sense. Now if you'll excuse me, I am going to learn the elonian technique of elemental weaving, by eating rotten meat in maguma and maybe go answer a quiz about golems back in central Tyria, all the while I might gain the sudden understanding of the nuhoc language by riding my raptor around and picking fights with pocket raptors. It's a little-known fact that pocket raptors are fluent in nuhoc and teach it to you as they try to eat you.

Archived