[Suggestion] Alternative solution to nerf multi epidemic bounces without punishing single necros

Umut.5471

Hello,I think that if we are the only necro in a party, we shouldn't be punished with 50% DPS loss from Epidemic.How can we acquire that? I have a solution:When you use Epidemic on a mob, the skill will hit 5 mobs around the main mob and give these 5 mobs a debuff for some time(let's say 10 seconds).

This debuff will be "Plagued" - Further epidemic uses will be 50% less effective on this mob during the debuff's duration. So it will work like diminishing returns.When another Necromancer spreads conditions from an already "Plagued" mob it ll have 50% less duration with every bounce.But if a single Necro helps his raiding/fractals party he won't be punished with a permanent nerf.I've seen such debuffs on several other MMORPGs before, it may be implemented to Gw2 as well, I think.

Its not a flat DPS loss, its a decay to the damage cloning. Many have ignored the fact that the skill alone will increases the total DPS by a factor of 1 per target. The Epi bounce literally doubles (or higher) the current cDPS output, which is unheard of anywhere else in game. What this change has doesn't change the burst potential, but does change sustained output (which again.... ungodly) on an archetype that is abnormally susceptible to it.

I'm just surprised they didn't 25/90 this, considering each bounce is effectively exceeding the groups collective DPS potential. The only other thing this broken in nature is Mesmser Boon sharing. But then again it shouldn't surprise me that a raid group thinks greater then 100% uptime on all Boons is not the reason they need to DPS check so hard in the first place.

Archived