New Account Self Service idea?

Hi,

Since I can't login atm and the weather is really bad I got a lot of time so excuse the wall of text.I saw a lot of people having the same problem, that they can't login and the support is just overwelmed by the ammount of tickets.The user login part could be the easiest to automate.

You can stuck to your old requirements like accountname, Charname and serial code but the first 2 are visible for other players, if the where with you in a group or guild once.

So to reset the mobile, sms or pc authentificator you can just set up a page and if you enter them all 3 correctly you can set up a new one.Same with forgotten password.

Since the first 2 aren't really a secret and lots of people doesn't keep or find the serial numbers maybe start something new like (alternative) emailadress/ authentification method

You can't login with authentificator, because pc, mobile phone or old email is gone. Klick here to send a confirmation link to your email/ backup email address. The backup mail has to be set up and confirmed before of course.

Or add fancy new security questions. First let users set up f.e. 5 security questions, and when the login issues, they get 3 of them shown and need to answer 2 of them correctly.

The first option could be set up immediatly with no user interaction and would really help your supporters.The other 2 would be more modern but need some time and reminding mails (Users are lazy :-p ) so most people set up the extra authentification until it can melt your ticket mountain. Or add a new minipet like you did with the dragon earlier days ^^

Even if this could only prevent 60-70% of the tickets, it would releive a lot of pressure from your support and have lots of user, that have their problem fixed asap

Since I work as IT helpdesk I know that a huge, unmanageable ticket pool lowers the motivation so much over time, that the people perform less, then they could.Think ifyou have 2 people with 50 tickets. One thinks, when I do 5 more, there wouldn't be much left and I really see a result. Same person with 500 tickets would say: Wow, even when I do 20 it wouldn't make much of a difference..

For other problems like updates, games freeze, etc. you (manager work, nothing for the poor supporters) may check all tickets from the last year and review, what was the let's say 20 most frequently happened issues.Then check, if they are in the Q&A or not. If so, maybe you can add f.e. links in the error code, to force the user to do a little tests before.

So I'm done for today, maybe you try to set up one or 2 of these options to do a little "shift left", help your poor supporters and safe some money because you don't need more hires and have luckier customers.

Regards Steffi

Archived