Impossible Odds / One Wolf Pack

Orion Templar.4589

I was monitoring my combat log and noticed that while Impossible Odds was active, it would sometimes show my damage as sourcing from One Wolf Pack. About half the time the log would show that second strike as coming from Impossible Odds, and about half the time the log would show that second strike as coming from One Wolf Pack. Curious if others have seen that? I searched around on the forums to see if that was a known/reported issue but didn't find anything already posted.

that and the new impossible odds is literally a channeled soulbeast elite (with the superspeed ofc).

Empower yourself with Shiro's incredible speed and destructive prowess, gaining great movement speed and striking foes an additional time when you hit them. This effect can occur once per interval.Damage.png Damage: 146 (0.55)?Impossible Odds.png Impossible Odds: Your attacks gain a follow-up strike.Super Speed.png Superspeed (1s): Movement speed is greatly increased.Duration.png Strike Delay: ¼sInterval.png Interval: ¼sInterval.png Super Speed Interval: 1s Your successful attacks will trigger a second strike while in this stance.This effect can occur once per interval.Damage.png Damage: 168 (0.63)?One Wolf Pack.png One Wolf Pack (8s): Striking a foe will cause them to be attacked again after a short delay.Duration.png Strike Delay: ¼sInterval.png Interval: ¼s the stats as per the wikii highly doubt this is what happened, but when they changed IO, did they just copy the file from soulbeast? it was just so similar

@Gihn.1043 said:i highly doubt this is what happened, but when they changed IO, did they just copy the file from soulbeast? it was just so similar

It wouldn't surprise me. I know some people complain about the new IO, but ironically before the change I was on the verge of making a Shiro-style Soulbeast specifically because One Wolf Pack worked exactly like I felt IO should always have worked; anyone who played GW1 knows it granted Shiro an extra strike for each successful hit. It's nice that one of our basic utility skills is essentially a better version of SB's elite.

@Orion Templar.4589 said:I just realized what I must have been seeing. I probably had a Soulbeast near me who was using One Wolf Pack with the Leader of the Pack trait.

Was IO still proc'ing as much as it should too? Or do these skills share a functional cooldown where one overwrites the other...? (similar to how you can't proc two of the same poisons or multiple unscathed contenders?)

Might be good to know, if you need to keep Heralds and Power SB's in separate subgroups and whatnot.

Archived