What could be the next expansion's mastery focus?

HoT gave us gliders.PoF gave us mounts.

I'm curious of what other ideas could be the new mastery focus in expansion 3. My idea was Propulsions, as described in this thread:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/7620/my-gw-2-expansion-3-we-must-explore-the-ocean/p1?new=1

Maybe you've seen something in other MMORPGs and games that could/should be implemented in GW 2. What do you think or want to be the next mastery focus?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since new Expansion is speculated to be a Water themed Expansion:

*Underwater Mounts- Mounts with full 360 x 360 degree of movement underwater. Last Upgrade of the Mastery allow you or others to Jet Ski from the back of your Water Mount when on the surface of the Water.

*Island Player Housing Instances - Each player gets a Island of their own, that they can fully build a house on and place/rotate/flip objects and put them wherever they want in their instance. Mastery improve what you can do.

*Fishing - New Skill. Mastery improve what you can Fish and what tricks you can do to catch fish.

I think they might take the same route WoW did when faced with the same kind of problem. Does anyone remember getting "cold weather flying" in WOTLK? You couldn't just fly in the new expansion with your mounts like you had before, now you had to get cold weather flying.

Personally I would be ok with this too. It would still give us something to work towards and unlock and still lock away certain areas until you had the MP points to get to them, in a sense re creating the feel of POF and getting the mounts for the first time all over again.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:Since new Expansion is speculated to be a Water themed Expansion:

*Underwater Mounts- Mounts with full 360 x 360 degree of movement underwater. Last Upgrade of the Mastery allow you or others to Jet Ski from the back of your Water Mount when on the surface of the Water.

*Island Player Housing Instances - Each player gets a Island of their own, that they can fully build a house on and place/rotate/flip objects and put them wherever they want in their instance. Mastery improve what you can do.

*Fishing - New Skill. Mastery improve what you can Fish and what tricks you can do to catch fish.

A lot of the speculation I've seen points to a charr homelands expansion, not an underwater one.

A number of posters want underwater content but let's be honest here there are a lot of the same people in all the underwater threads and in general underwater content is not that popular. Think of all the underwater content they've added since launch; how little there is.

If we do go under water, we will probably get a mount, some kind of speed burst for when we can't mount, something to open special doors, maybe something to be able to see in murky water, and possibly some sort of attack, maybe even a treasure finding mastery.

@Brother.1504 said:I want duel professions like in gw1. 4 skill trees. Primary professions f1 skills. Secondary professions can add weapons and utility skills.

I kind of want to see the elite spec restriction removed. I'd love to see what kind of builds can be made with a GS scourge, or a support firebrand/dragonhunter build. I know it would be a balancing nightmare, but if it could be implemented properly, that would be awesome.

@Klowdy.3126 said:

@Brother.1504 said:I want duel professions like in gw1. 4 skill trees. Primary professions f1 skills. Secondary professions can add weapons and utility skills.

I kind of want to see the elite spec restriction removed. I'd love to see what kind of builds can be made with a GS scourge, or a support firebrand/dragonhunter build. I know it would be a balancing nightmare, but if it could be implemented properly, that would be awesome.

This would be cool as some kind of yearly special event but not all the time. Think about how annoying mesmers would be in PvP with Mirage Cloak, Continuum Split and Axe/Shield.

@Klowdy.3126 said:

Since the first unlock for Elite Specs is the Weapon which is not tied to a Trait, I suggest they make the Weapons that you unlock, baseline .

Mist Mastery! In case our intrepid commanders and their trusty sidekicks, ah, saved the world a little too well, ya know, and now they need to find a new one -- in the Mists!

History Repeats Itself Mastery! In the event that it should it turn out that the gods saved their world a little too well, too, which is why they brought humans to Tyria.

Aquatic Mastery! So we can go to the underwater moon base -- on the moon! You know it's there. You know it.

The few professions that still cannot switch weapons being able to now switch weapons? =) My engi would love Anet forever if they finally did this. Nothing like playing my mesmer, switching to do something with the engi, go to switch from rifle to sword/board and realize, oh yeah....I can't. :s

As much as I know people are saying water....I think they are gonna sideswipe us and we are gonna deal with a certain dilemma concerning Aurene and her, uh, 'habits.' I feel we may be dealing with a ton of altered Branded for next expac as we try to figure out a way to not kill an elder dragon yet still save the day.

So I say any new mastery will probably be dealing with more things to do with ley lines and crystals along with one dealing with armor for the mounts to withstand it.

Archived