Broken game

brunoam.7391

I'd like to know what leads a people to using meme builds in high-ranking ranked games. Among the many matches I played today I could find holosmith condition, renegade, ranger condition, scrapper, deadeye condition, etc. A person who is playing to win should never play with who is playing to make gold !! Arenanet, you need to revise this, that way it does not work. Put awards in the unranked games to avoid this type of problem and, most importantly, improve this balancing as urgently as possible !!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@brunoam.7391 said:I'd like to know what leads a people to using meme builds in high-ranking ranked games. Among the many matches I played today I could find holosmith condition, renegade, ranger condition, scrapper, deadeye condition, etc. A person who is playing to win should never play with who is playing to make gold !! Arenanet, you need to revise this, that way it does not work. Put awards in the unranked games to avoid this type of problem and, most importantly, improve this balancing as urgently as possible !!

Rewards in unranked won't stop people determined to use odd builds in ranked from using odd builds in ranked.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@brunoam.7391 said:I'd like to know what leads a people to using meme builds in high-ranking ranked games. Among the many matches I played today I could find holosmith condition, renegade, ranger condition, scrapper, deadeye condition, etc. A person who is playing to win should never play with who is playing to make gold !! Arenanet, you need to revise this, that way it does not work. Put awards in the unranked games to avoid this type of problem and, most importantly, improve this balancing as urgently as possible !!

Rewards in unranked won't stop people determined to use odd builds in ranked from using odd builds in ranked.

That's not the point. The point is that if such a measure is taken then these problems would not happen so often. You do not have to think about solving the problem 100%, but on reducing the existing problem.

@brunoam.7391 said:

That's not the point. The point is that if such a measure is taken then these problems would not happen so often. You do not have to think about solving the problem 100%, but on reducing the existing problem.

but it kinda is the point. there is no action you could take that would prevent someone with a meme build from queuing in ranked or even reduce the chance of it happening, short of premades.

Also, the moment unranked becomes more appetizing for players gear-treadmilling or loot-treadmilling, the ranked players may also complain/collapse. Nobody's going to grind rank out for no reason/respect alone.

@Gamble.4580 said:This is how meta changes lol, a person will remake a build do well set a role and poeple will copy. I welcome this as long as the build has a role and is needed with the comp u have.

But the point is that these builds are not meta!!! Renegade is now meta in pvp? Scrapper too? On what planet is this?

@brunoam.7391 said:

@Gamble.4580 said:This is how meta changes lol, a person will remake a build do well set a role and poeple will copy. I welcome this as long as the build has a role and is needed with the comp u have.

But the point is that these builds are not meta!!! Renegade is now meta in pvp? Scrapper too? On what planet is this?

The meta isn't static. Maybe someone figured out how to play Renegade and Scrapper to fill a need.

@"brunoam.7391" said:I'd like to know what leads a people to using meme builds in high-ranking ranked games. Among the many matches I played today I could find holosmith condition, renegade, ranger condition, scrapper, deadeye condition, etc. A person who is playing to win should never play with who is playing to make gold !! Arenanet, you need to revise this, that way it does not work. Put awards in the unranked games to avoid this type of problem and, most importantly, improve this balancing as urgently as possible !!

Are you asking people to run specific builds? I mean, you can't even stop those people from queueing, how could you expect that ArenaNet will somehow balance this game to the point of everyone using the same "meta" build?

I'm one of those people who never play meta.

I refuse to play these scourges, holosmiths and mirage.

I much prefer to play my condi deadeye or power tempest or even renegade because its unique and actually requires originality to play.Screw you and whoever wants to be carried by the pvp meta, you are the ones that make the game unfun.

I have less chances to win with these, but I don't care its the classes that I actually enjoy to play in pvp so I will play them, complain to Anet who doesnt know shit about balancing a game as it is not our fault that we don't play the "favoured classes".

@brunoam.7391 said:But the point is that these builds are not meta!!! Renegade is now meta in pvp? Scrapper too? On what planet is this?

There is no deductive meta, it's rather what wins becomes the meta.You say it's higher ranked play, so at the very least these people are somewhat proficient and willing to try something new.What is meme build now shall become the blueprint of your own build next month.

You can only play 2 builds, the rest is trash confirmed

Come on now. If they earned their rank then they will have their reasons to play whatever they want. If they decide to lose on purpose then that sucks, but you have absolutely 0 way of knowing that

@brunoam.7391 said:

Who do you think makes the meta builds? Poeple laughed at core grd then once dieing all season all grds switched to it. Poeple laughed at condi thf start of last season then by end every thf switch to it. You are just a sheep mate. I will carry on makeing new meta builds as I have made two for thf last 3 seasons and grd and necro and u laugh some more but by end off season follow like a sheep. Poeple play what you like in pvp enjoy the game and keep thinking up new builds as meta changes none stop.

@"brunoam.7391" said:I'd like to know what leads a people to using meme builds in high-ranking ranked games. Among the many matches I played today I could find holosmith condition, renegade, ranger condition, scrapper, deadeye condition, etc. A person who is playing to win should never play with who is playing to make gold !! Arenanet, you need to revise this, that way it does not work. Put awards in the unranked games to avoid this type of problem and, most importantly, improve this balancing as urgently as possible !!

Broken game = People playing what they want"Plz anet, fix"

@Malafaia.8903 said:

I read it as: "game has bled out so much that just about anyone on any build can be a top player"

@sephiroth.4217 said:

I read it as: "game has bled out so much that just about anyone on any build can be a top player"

I don't get it. If a couple builds are top dog, they're OP and anet needs to balance. If more builds are viable, it's because talent has bled out and almost everything is garbage tier...

@Elrond.9486 said:

I don't get it. If a couple builds are top dog, they're OP and anet needs to balance. If more builds are viable, it's because talent has bled out and almost everything is garbage tier...

"high-ranking ranked games" and "deadeye condition".... Yea.... Talent.

@brunoam.7391 said:

Yes guys! Stop being creative and original and just bow down using Meta builds and be their slaves! You have no free will and no choice! Give up and be a Meta Slave you peasants!

On serious note: Meta is boring....Everyone uses it and that is why everyone knows what to do against them. But changing things up and using something different can end your opponent surprised which gives the fight for your favor. It is a game not a job where you must obey the rules.

The OP makes an important tacit assumption. Something is wrong with playing builds other than those they expect. That's simply untrue.

I would be nearly helpless on the "meta" Mirage build because I haven't practiced it. Besides, suppose I don't want to play the "meta" build?

Sounds like you are potentially describing the real problem: a solo-queue random competitive mode that tries to rank individual players based on Wins/Losses.

If they fixed that garbage, then you wouldn't have to worry about the rando builds of rando asshats.

@pah.4931 said:Sounds like you are potentially describing the real problem: a solo-queue random competitive mode that tries to rank individual players based on Wins/Losses.

If they fixed that garbage, then you wouldn't have to worry about the rando builds of rando asshats.

nah bro you gotta engage your brain on this matter. do some deep thinking. get smart. do these things:

refuse to choose your teammates, and complain about them

complain about people who choose teammates, because you're jealous because there not frustrated and are having fun

get the ability to choose teammates removed, which results in a ton of players quitting and a drop in match and player quality

then go back to complaining about your teammates and bad matchmaking due to low population

cmon man, it's obviously the smart way to go about things. makes a ton of sense. super intellectual and logical

@choovanski.5462 said:

@pah.4931 said:Sounds like you are potentially describing the real problem: a solo-queue random competitive mode that tries to rank individual players based on Wins/Losses.

nah bro you gotta engage your brain on this matter. do some deep thinking. get smart. do these things:

complain about people who choose teammates, because you're jealous because there not frustrated and are having fun

get the ability to choose teammates removed, which results in a ton of players quitting and a drop in match and player quality

then go back to complaining about your teammates and bad matchmaking due to low population

cmon man, it's obviously the smart way to go about things. makes a ton of sense. super intellectual and logical

Why do you guys always go back blaming solo queue for this? That is off-topic....

@Solidaris.5423 said:

Why do you guys always go back blaming solo queue for this? That is off-topic....

because these issues werent as rampart with team queue...standard butterfly effect

@Solidaris.5423 said:

so you can't see how being able to pick your teammates fixes OPs issue?

which is the frustration of playing with people who the OP deems as running inadequate builds and not playing to win

you really can't see how being able to form a team with everyone running meta builds and playing to win fixes OPs frustrations and makes them happy?

is this really that unclear to you?

@sephiroth.4217 said:

because these issues werent as rampart with team queue...

They were to be honest....When 5 man queue was a thing not once players got teamed up against pre-made teams which of course killed them off and complained about it....

I get it. You guys want to play ranked with your friends but still...unranked is an option for that. You cannot say that unranked would not be fun because if pre-made teams were present in ranked the same would happen as with pre-made teams in unranked.

Just look at the tournaments! How often can you see new faces winning them? The same players get to the top most of the time and not just because the low population but because they had the time and experience together to create a huge advantage.

So this is why bringing back pre-made teams would not be good:

1. You would loose matches because the enemy team has more advantage than you (voice chat / know the other players build etc.)
  2. You would be forced to look for a team and just drop your own game style to adapt to theirs
  3. If you would implement the system to only team up teams against other teams the queue times would be HORRIBLY LONG for everyone.

Is it worth risking loosing more players to try this?

Some players don't have friends playing the game and before you go THEN MAKE FRIENDS! no....that is not how it works. You cannot run around and scream YOU ARE MY FRIEND! NOW WE PVP TOGETHER! and expect that to work out.

You say that those who don't want this are selfish but in reality you guys are selfish. You would form teams and create a huge disadvantage for those who do not have any and will never have any because of course you would never invite them into your team!

Archived