Sea of Sorrows is... 'FULL'??? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Sea of Sorrows is... 'FULL'???

Balthazzarr.1349Balthazzarr.1349 Member ✭✭✭
edited July 12, 2018 in WvW

It seems odd to me that a bunch of guilds left SoS at a time when it wasn't 'full'... but it's full now? ... and another big guild just left SoS to go to Borlis Pass. Please do NOT make this into a matchup thread because it isn't meant to be that... I just don't understand how a server can become full AFTER a bunch of guilds leave...

Just another WvW lifer who'll never say die... while dying again and again!

Comments

  • Ubi.4136Ubi.4136 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Looks like 5 worlds now "full". Not sure how they calculate that.

    Carnished Toast (Yum)
    Lost in the Maguuma (TC)

  • Lahmia.2193Lahmia.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 12, 2018

    Probably because the algorithm for server size is based on play time of characters rather than the actual amount of people on the server. And will take a while to kick in.

    "Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death."

  • Gwaihir.1745Gwaihir.1745 Member ✭✭✭

    These things seem to update very slowly eg 3 weeks after the change happens.

    Shield of Wrath: Reduced the cooldown of this skill from 36 seconds to 35 seconds.

    Quality balance changes^TM

  • XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Because [Cook] left Mag for SoS and lobster top hat probably brought all their golems with them so that's why you're full.

    Another derailing post. ^^
    EBG North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed!
    || Stealth is a Terribad Mechanic ||

  • ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 12, 2018

    SoS, later hours the EBG is fully qeued with 14 + ppl, I do not understand much of timezones, so I'll explain in mine that it's GMT -3, its somewhere around 3:00 ~ 6:00 AM for me, that big qeues starts.

    Tannhauser Engineer(SoS) | Atlantean Sword | Khel the Undead

  • Balthazzarr.1349Balthazzarr.1349 Member ✭✭✭

    @Lahmia.2193 said:
    Probably because the algorithm for server size is based on play time of characters rather than the actual amount of people on the server. And will take a while to kick in.

    When I talk about people "leaving the server" I am talking about the groups that actually play WvW. I don't know who the guild [Cook] is but I assume they come online when I'm not there?? Ah well, it is what it is... just makes me wonder is all...

    Just another WvW lifer who'll never say die... while dying again and again!

  • Optimator.3589Optimator.3589 Member ✭✭✭

    Molasses (COOK leader) is worth half a map queue by himself with his next-level strategies, so when you combine that with Lobster golemanding...yeah, you guys are definitely full now.

    REDUCE NA TO 3 TIERS

  • Balthazzarr.1349Balthazzarr.1349 Member ✭✭✭

    lol. that might explain 19 golems in EB RED Keep last night.

    Just another WvW lifer who'll never say die... while dying again and again!

  • morrolan.9608morrolan.9608 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 12, 2018

    @Balthazzarr.1349 said:
    It seems odd to me that a bunch of guilds left SoS at a time when it wasn't 'full'... but it's full now? ... and another big guild just left SoS to go to Borlis Pass. Please do NOT make this into a matchup thread because it isn't meant to be that... I just don't understand how a server can become full AFTER a bunch of guilds leave...

    Is that Envy who left for BP?

    If they just left the world pop won't be updated until next week now.

  • Balthazzarr.1349Balthazzarr.1349 Member ✭✭✭

    @morrolan.9608 said:

    @Balthazzarr.1349 said:
    It seems odd to me that a bunch of guilds left SoS at a time when it wasn't 'full'... but it's full now? ... and another big guild just left SoS to go to Borlis Pass. Please do NOT make this into a matchup thread because it isn't meant to be that... I just don't understand how a server can become full AFTER a bunch of guilds leave...

    Is that Envy who left for BP?

    If they just left the world pop won't be updated until next week now.

    yes that’s the one 😬

    Just another WvW lifer who'll never say die... while dying again and again!

  • morrolan.9608morrolan.9608 Member ✭✭✭

    @Balthazzarr.1349 said:

    @morrolan.9608 said:

    @Balthazzarr.1349 said:
    It seems odd to me that a bunch of guilds left SoS at a time when it wasn't 'full'... but it's full now? ... and another big guild just left SoS to go to Borlis Pass. Please do NOT make this into a matchup thread because it isn't meant to be that... I just don't understand how a server can become full AFTER a bunch of guilds leave...

    Is that Envy who left for BP?

    If they just left the world pop won't be updated until next week now.

    yes that’s the one 😬

    So they recruit SOS players then leave, fantastic.

  • Balthazzarr.1349Balthazzarr.1349 Member ✭✭✭

    @morrolan.9608 said:

    @Balthazzarr.1349 said:

    @morrolan.9608 said:

    @Balthazzarr.1349 said:
    It seems odd to me that a bunch of guilds left SoS at a time when it wasn't 'full'... but it's full now? ... and another big guild just left SoS to go to Borlis Pass. Please do NOT make this into a matchup thread because it isn't meant to be that... I just don't understand how a server can become full AFTER a bunch of guilds leave...

    Is that Envy who left for BP?

    If they just left the world pop won't be updated until next week now.

    yes that’s the one 😬

    So they recruit SOS players then leave, fantastic.

    yes they had a pretty large group by the time they left.

    Just another WvW lifer who'll never say die... while dying again and again!

  • ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Optimator.3589 said:
    Molasses (COOK leader) is worth half a map queue by himself with his next-level strategies, so when you combine that with Lobster golemanding...yeah, you guys are definitely full now.

    and i'm definitely loving these guys.

    Tannhauser Engineer(SoS) | Atlantean Sword | Khel the Undead

  • Optimator.3589Optimator.3589 Member ✭✭✭

    @BadMed.3846 said:
    Molasses is such an adorable, cuddly teddy....look after him. All he would ask for is "Bubbles".

    Cook is a nice pug friendly guild. I've ran with them on Mag. Good luck!

    Mol needs to be watered frequently, too. It really helps him blossom. Mol, if you're reading this, ILU.

    REDUCE NA TO 3 TIERS

  • Israel.7056Israel.7056 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 13, 2018

    Supposedly they use total player hours within a given time frame not the actual number of players on the server. Presumably SOS has been generating pretty large numbers of player hours of late.

  • Krypto.2069Krypto.2069 Member ✭✭✭

    Yeah, [Cook] is a BLAST! :+1: Thanks for coming to SoS! :+1: And Lobster is a HOOT with his Golem Army!
    VERY FUN STUFF! :smiley:

    Moonlight [THRU]

  • morrolan.9608morrolan.9608 Member ✭✭✭

    @Krypto.2069 said:
    Yeah, [Cook] is a BLAST! :+1: Thanks for coming to SoS! :+1: And Lobster is a HOOT with his Golem Army!
    VERY FUN STUFF! :smiley:

    Its worth noting Lobster is a she not a he.

  • Krypto.2069Krypto.2069 Member ✭✭✭

    @morrolan.9608 said:

    @Krypto.2069 said:
    Yeah, [Cook] is a BLAST! :+1: Thanks for coming to SoS! :+1: And Lobster is a HOOT with his Golem Army!
    VERY FUN STUFF! :smiley:

    Its worth noting Lobster is a she not a he.

    Oops! Thank you! :sweat_smile:
    SHE'S da BOMB!!! :+1:

    Moonlight [THRU]

  • X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Balthazzarr.1349 said:
    It seems odd to me that a bunch of guilds left SoS at a time when it wasn't 'full'... but it's full now? ... and another big guild just left SoS to go to Borlis Pass. Please do NOT make this into a matchup thread because it isn't meant to be that... I just don't understand how a server can become full AFTER a bunch of guilds leave...

    There are a few things to point out. Server status is not updated instantly, so everyone can leave a server and it wont change the status for some time. This was done to make it harder for servers to open up by simply dropping activity and reducing the amount of people participating in WvW. Also, activity now counts for more when calculating status, so a server can be really active in one timezone for a few hours and dead the rest of the day and can be labeled full. And for those that don't know "Full" does not literally mean the server is at capacity, it is just a simple way of saying the server is over the set threshold that the devs impose on ALL servers. Once a server goes over that threshold, it is labeled full but it doesnt mean it has the same population or level of activity as other full servers.

    BG

  • @X T D.6458 said:

    @Balthazzarr.1349 said:
    It seems odd to me that a bunch of guilds left SoS at a time when it wasn't 'full'... but it's full now? ... and another big guild just left SoS to go to Borlis Pass. Please do NOT make this into a matchup thread because it isn't meant to be that... I just don't understand how a server can become full AFTER a bunch of guilds leave...

    There are a few things to point out. Server status is not updated instantly, so everyone can leave a server and it wont change the status for some time. This was done to make it harder for servers to open up by simply dropping activity and reducing the amount of people participating in WvW. Also, activity now counts for more when calculating status, so a server can be really active in one timezone for a few hours and dead the rest of the day and can be labeled full. And for those that don't know "Full" does not literally mean the server is at capacity, it is just a simple way of saying the server is over the set threshold that the devs impose on ALL servers. Once a server goes over that threshold, it is labeled full but it doesnt mean it has the same population or level of activity as other full servers.

    LOL, sorry but your "at capacity" makes me picture the gang from Always Sunny trying to get into like BG and the ANET devs are like, "sorry sir, but we are at capacity"

  • X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14, 2018

    @Shagaliscious.6281 said:

    @X T D.6458 said:

    @Balthazzarr.1349 said:
    It seems odd to me that a bunch of guilds left SoS at a time when it wasn't 'full'... but it's full now? ... and another big guild just left SoS to go to Borlis Pass. Please do NOT make this into a matchup thread because it isn't meant to be that... I just don't understand how a server can become full AFTER a bunch of guilds leave...

    There are a few things to point out. Server status is not updated instantly, so everyone can leave a server and it wont change the status for some time. This was done to make it harder for servers to open up by simply dropping activity and reducing the amount of people participating in WvW. Also, activity now counts for more when calculating status, so a server can be really active in one timezone for a few hours and dead the rest of the day and can be labeled full. And for those that don't know "Full" does not literally mean the server is at capacity, it is just a simple way of saying the server is over the set threshold that the devs impose on ALL servers. Once a server goes over that threshold, it is labeled full but it doesnt mean it has the same population or level of activity as other full servers.

    LOL, sorry but your "at capacity" makes me picture the gang from Always Sunny trying to get into like BG and the ANET devs are like, "sorry sir, but we are at capacity"

    Charlie would find a way ;)

    Problem with the full label is that people confuse the meaning and seem to think that any server labeled as such somehow means that they are all equal in population and activity. That's not how it works, and personal perception is irrelevant because none of us have access to the data and metrics that the devs do.

    BG

  • Slick.7164Slick.7164 Member ✭✭

    SoS and Blackgate teamed up on someone. Blackgate won the fight and SoS is salty

  • SOS being try hards, playing a lot of hours lately?

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Optimator.3589 said:
    golemanding

    never heard this before but I want more for some reason.

    The horror...…….the horror...…….the horror...…….

  • I miss Mag, but I believe in SOS! Blackgate u time is numbered!

  • XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

    /spits out coffee

    Has it been 6 weeks yet? :lol:

    Another derailing post. ^^
    EBG North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed!
    || Stealth is a Terribad Mechanic ||

  • SOS KDR getting better every week! Another T1 visitor banished back to lower levels. Soon our fight will match our strong PPT and we will rule the world! Golem factories in every tower and a golem in every garage! HO HO HO!

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.