Regen Map Image Tiles

Jayshua.5068

@Lawton Campbell.8517 said:EDIT: this is probably not happening this week; been having a lot of issues updating everything to support non-powers-of-two map sizes. Might require some changes to the coordinates in /v2/continents -- which wouldn't go out for a month or so.Perhaps it's time for a /v2.1 endpoint just to make things more complicated eh? :)Thanks for the effort Lawton! You're a star!

@Drant.5902 said:I know you have a lot on your plate, but people use the world map for exploring, gathering, looking for events, and doing completion for achievements. Could the map tiles be a higher priority on your list?

Hands are tied by our release schedule.

In any case, I got the tiles generated for Tyria on Friday. And then I uploaded them to the wrong S3 bucket over the weekend. Uploading the updated Tyria tiles now (should be done by the end of the workday). The tile generator is still broken for the mists -- but I don't think the mists have updated much.

EDIT: most new tiles are up; regenerating them again since some of the ones turned out corrupt (guessing my machine has a bad SATA controller). There's like 4 bad tiles and they're not on any maps so it shouldn't be a huge deal.

Archived