Items We Need To Sell To Merchants: Eyes of Kormir and Congealed Putrescences

well, first of all, you can thank istan farm for flooding TP with themsecondly, PoF stats are generally inferior to HoT stats in the current meta climate, hence the use of it in is in crafting PoF weapons and armors purely for the skins; most of them we can get it from trading post or the use is next to nothing

biggest potential to get people to use them is to craft the astral and stellar weapons...but my personal feeling is anet totally missed the mark there, as each need 500 Powdered Rose Quartz, but there no way to mass farm it; when people see they need 500 quantity of an item and the method of obtaining it is limited, the majority of the population wont bother going for it, and resulting in supply outstrips demands

@crepuscular.9047 said:well, first of all, you can thank istan farm for flooding TP with themsecondly, PoF stats are generally inferior to HoT stats in the current meta climate, hence the use of it in is in crafting PoF weapons and armors purely for the skins; most of them we can get it from trading post or the use is next to nothing

biggest potential to get people to use them is to craft the astral and stellar weapons...but my personal feeling is anet totally missed the mark there, as each need 500 Powdered Rose Quartz, but there no way to mass farm it; when people see they need 500 quantity of an item and the method of obtaining it is limited, the majority of the population wont bother going for it, and resulting in supply outstrips demands

Yep. I don't farm the mats on Istan because it's a chore. Find the meteor before it's gone, have enough ppl to tag it to make the location worthwhile, rinse and repeat on a fairly mob dense map with a two popular metas as well. I don't fault them for trying to do something different with the Istan currency, it just doesn't play out well when you need at least a small group of people for the best results, have to rely on an internal CD for the meteor crashes, and have to chase them down before they vanish. (Yes, I missed quite a few by arriving just in time for it to go away.) I hope they a.) Increase the time the meteors are present and b.) make finding them easier, either with a map wide notif that a meteor is crashing or something to that effect and preferably c.) do away with the need to have multiple people around to get the best results.

@MMAI.5892 said:

@crepuscular.9047 said:well, first of all, you can thank istan farm for flooding TP with themsecondly, PoF stats are generally inferior to HoT stats in the current meta climate, hence the use of it in is in crafting PoF weapons and armors purely for the skins; most of them we can get it from trading post or the use is next to nothing

Yep. I don't farm the mats on Istan because it's a chore. Find the meteor before it's gone, have enough ppl to tag it to make the location worthwhile, rinse and repeat on a fairly mob dense map with a two popular metas as well. I don't fault them for trying to do something different with the Istan currency, it just doesn't play out well when you need at least a small group of people for the best results, have to rely on an internal CD for the meteor crashes, and have to chase them down before they vanish. (Yes, I missed quite a few by arriving just in time for it to go away.) I hope they a.) Increase the time the meteors are present and b.) make finding them easier, either with a map wide notif that a meteor is crashing or something to that effect and preferably c.) do away with the need to have multiple people around to get the best results.

You can buy the powder rose quartz from the Trading Post if you don't feel like farming it. I'm okay with the map having a unique mechanic like that. The respawn timer could be a little bit higher. But the main issue of my post is us not being able to sell two of the materials that we get regularly. However, ty for the additional information :D.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:Its amazing that they put so much thought and time into the resources making sure to not have them in the materials inventory for a while, only to not have anything done with them at all and their value set to discard immediately.

The decision not to have items storable was for PoF release not Living Story, as far as I understand.

Man I always end up having to destroy mine too. Having at least the option to sell them to merchants for the least amount possible would make it less disheartening to have to constantly destroy so much material that otherwise will just sit around in your inventory.

@Chiluver.9253 said:Man I always end up having to destroy mine too. Having at least the option to sell them to merchants for the least amount possible would make it less disheartening to have to constantly destroy so much material that otherwise will just sit around in your inventory.

Had no idea so many people have been tempted to destroy them. I hope Anet sees this post, last thing we need is a another PoF Bloodstone Dust like items without an eater as @Tasida.4085 mentioned.

@"Player.9621" said:you can use an item to convert eyes into sunspear minis

Thank you for the reminder, "Spearmarshal's Plea" item, however the number of minis it can create is limited. Some minis are even selling for 10 copper, from all the players that used their eyes of kormir. I guess, that's what we can do...make the mini for 10 copper and hope someone buys it? Well nevermind to that too, there are over 20k minis on the trading post for Sunspear Odurra. For less than 50 silver.

Mini's List with prices (scroll down): https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sunspear_Redemption_Wish

There is already an eater but it's limited to 75/day. I actually buy a stack or two of these once in a while.

There is also ley infused sand with the same problem.

All this stems from a lack of interest in the PoF stats.

64g will get you enough powder for 16 weapons. That is only 4g per weapon. On the other hand I think they missed the mark on the aesthetic side. They are in a middle ground of neither particularly flashy nor plain looking.

Archived