Is GS dead?

Ryouzanpaku.1273

I always liked great sword most. My first 3 legendaries were Sunrise, Twilight and Eternity. And for long time I did not event wanted to craft any other...

Now when I have returned to gw2 after long hiatus everything changed. Power builds are past. GS warrior is crap...

Is there any top build using GS these days so I can use my favorite weapon?

@WolfsFang.2301 said:Power warrior isent dead, it's just not viable in raids and t4 fractals. I have been playing through PoF using my warrior, switching between berserker and spellbreaker.

Being capable of doing 1/2 or in some cases even only 1/3 the damage other specs can - translates as pretty dead to me

@Ryouzanpaku.1273 said:I always liked great sword most. My first 3 legendaries were Sunrise, Twilight and Eternity. And for long time I did not event wanted to craft any other...

Now when I have returned to gw2 after long hiatus everything changed. Power builds are past. GS warrior is crap...

Power Soulbeast with Greatsword seems be doing fine, if you want to give that a shot.

Well, power in general is outclassed by a lot of condi builds out there right now. However, I wouldn't be surprised if there's some significant changes once some of the really strong condi builds are brought in line.

For now, at least, GS is still great for open world stuff, even if it's not cutting edge meta material anymore (pun totally intended).

@Zsoak.5409 said:

@WolfsFang.2301 said:Power warrior isent dead, it's just not viable in raids and t4 fractals. I have been playing through PoF using my warrior, switching between berserker and spellbreaker.

Being capable of doing 1/2 or in some cases even only 1/3 the damage other specs can - translates as pretty dead to me

And that only matters in raids and t4 fractals, everything else dies quick enough. Power berserker has enough burst for open world content.

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

@Ryouzanpaku.1273 said:I always liked great sword most. My first 3 legendaries were Sunrise, Twilight and Eternity. And for long time I did not event wanted to craft any other...

Power Soulbeast with Greatsword seems be doing fine, if you want to give that a shot.

Hell, no. Power soulbeast with greatsword is about 25k DPS at best. If you got power soulbeast, you can scratch 31k with mainhand sword/axe and longbow.

Archived