Any new cool rotation

Nero.7602

As a staff weaver i am looking for smthing that perform more or less like our tipical old rotation, i have tried tweaking a bit but havent found anything good, anyone have anything good for power dps elementalist to justify the low survivability and lack of utility? i love my elementalist but after nerf its hard to justify bringing her over my other characters with similar dps and much better utility/survivability to a raid/fractals. its sad but ele already needs much more work to do what it does best, and with some classes doing almost the same or offering even a bit more to the party with much less work i am afraid i wont be using my fav class as much anymore :C so please if you have a build/rotation that performs well nuf to justify squishiness and lack of utility let me know :)

Rotation is mostly the same, only dumbed down. You no longer attune air, except to finish off the target. And it performs worse than before, obviously, due to all the nerfs to pretty much every skill that had measurable contribution to your damage output.

Again, 30k on golem is pretty bad. Staff builds lose damage potential to so many different factors and being 30% behind on potential means you'd be doing maybe half the damage of the broken DE in a real fight. Basically you'd be racing the banner warrior. This isn't acceptable for a dps role.

@Feanor.2358 said:Again, 30k on golem is pretty bad. Staff builds lose damage potential to so many different factors and being 30% behind on potential means you'd be doing maybe half the damage of the broken DE in a real fight. Basically you'd be racing the banner warrior. This isn't acceptable for a dps role.

yup, and Ele are already a lot squishier than other classes so the risk - reward sucks right now, we bring only mediocre damage to the table right now, the only place where we shine a litle is with multiple enemies (AoE)

@Feanor.2358 said:Again, 30k on golem is pretty bad. Staff builds lose damage potential to so many different factors and being 30% behind on potential means you'd be doing maybe half the damage of the broken DE in a real fight. Basically you'd be racing the banner warrior. This isn't acceptable for a dps role.

That depends on your point of view. I agree that for someone that can benchmark, 30k is pretty lousy. However, if you're someone like me who's not that skilled, being able to reach enough dps to be able to raid is a milestone in its own right. Yeah, sure, the theoretical maximum is much higher but me that'll likely remain a theoretical maximum. For practical reasons, I'd rather go with a build where I get semi decent numbers, than a build that has good performance for benchmark testers but that I personally suck at. Do you think that if everyone in the raid group had 20k dps, the raid would fail?

@ThiBash.5634 said:

That depends on your point of view. I agree that for someone that can benchmark, 30k is pretty lousy. However, if you're someone like me who's not that skilled, being able to reach enough dps to be able to raid is a milestone in its own right.

Yeah, but then the benchmark would be much higher, wouldn't it?

@Feanor.2358 said:Yeah, but then the benchmark would be much higher, wouldn't it?

I suppose you're right. I wouldn't mind the difference between top and average dps being smaller though. It's a credit to your skills as a player that you can push it that far of course, but it would be nice if every dps build could at least potentially reach the minimum required for raiding. I don't know if that's currently the case, but the benchmarks at least give the impression that anything under 30k (which is a lot of builds and a lot of players) shouldn't even enter a raid.

@ThiBash.5634 said:

@"Feanor.2358" said:Yeah, but then the benchmark would be much higher, wouldn't it?

I suppose you're right. I wouldn't mind the difference between top and average dps being smaller though. It's a credit to your skills as a player that you can push it that far of course, but it would be nice if every dps build could at least potentially reach the minimum required for raiding. I don't know if that's currently the case, but the benchmarks at least give the impression that anything under 30k (which is a lot of builds and a lot of players) shouldn't even enter a raid.

There are builds like that, and while it's completely fine there are such builds in the game, it would be bad if all of them followed the same pattern. The reason being, "easier" builds do not have the same potential for mastery. There are players (like me) who prefer the complex builds and find them more rewarding. Precisely for the feeling of progress as you get better at playing them.

On the topic of benchmarks and raids, you need much less than 30k to raid successfully. 30k boss dps is fantastic. But you need actual, real-fight dps whereas benchmarks only measure damage potential under perfect conditions (no invuln phases, full buff uptime, etc). So part of this is that sub-30k potential can translate to actually poor performance on a real boss.

Aside from that, the conclusions are also biased (which is normal) toward the specific viewpoint of a high-end raid guild like SC. For them, sub-30k build makes no sense - it does the same function, but performs 20-30% worse than the competitors. For them, it's not about "can we do it". Of course they can, on any composition they'd like. There just is no point in doing so on poorly performing builds.

Archived