Who is your favourite villain/evil organization? (2/2)

I miss watchwork minions...I am not much of a steampunk person originally, but these were just the best designed enemies so far. They reminded me of the titans and krait in GW1. (not krait in GW2, they are a sad evolution of the original krait)

But the way the could form up, break apart and had different stance on the veterans, that is just something really interesting.

I wouldnt mind seeing a future threat with them in mind... Not necesarily asura or sylvari.

Top list:

1. White Mantle, their culture, their point, the way how rich and badass they are looking, I've always and will love them❤
  2. Ascalonian ghosts, I love these guys, defender of their kingdom, Ascalon, the whole foefire and their mad king story just gives me chills.
  3. Nightmare Court, I would've loved to choose being a Courtier between a dreamer, I would love to be on Nightmare Court side
  4. The Inquest, looove these guys, how they look with red and Black colours, their weapons, their experiments and so funny?
  5. Sons of Svanir, badass faction, I like the stereotype of only being a male club and followers of the Ice dragon.

I like all these badass factions?

@Tachenon.5270 said:The cows in Queensdale that have somehow convinced people to dance for their bovine entertainment. Insidious!

That was a real coffee spitting moment you delivered right there.. much respect for your masterful skill in identifying brilliant farmyard humour :)I am trying to mooo've along from this post but its proving hard to stop reading it over and over, in fact my daughter just called me a nodding cow....

Inquest wasn’t mentioned, but its mine.But not for what it is now, but for what potential it has.The inquest we’ve met so far have appeared resourceful, but lacked a proper organaziation.Probably because the leaders are constantly outshining each other, and bickering over resources for there krewes.

• 2 years later...

undead, its sad to see them gone, but honestly the aesthetics and lore, undead, they have bugs, creatures, very atmospheric soundtrack, probably my favorite unit would be the banshee because of their curse and possess abilities taking key units out of a fight immediately.

a close runner up is zerg but, you cant beat their playstyle/theme.

The Pale Tree.

Besides cutting Caithe's curiosity off with "Do not question the Dream!" instead of an explanation during one of the sylvari personal stories, the Tree indoctrinates her children from their very conception with an ideology of a world where there is no "evil" and all living beings and their pet rocks are friends, which, unless the Dream is literally the Eternal Alchemy, is a rather blindfolded attempt at reading Ventari's Tablet.

! Wonder which gaming company this reminds me of...! The irony is so gorgeous it'd make a magnificent wallpaper, if not an outright Rule 34 artwork.!

She's basically Jormag, even the suggestive whispers in the form of Wyld Hunts and permanent hivemind connection included, with the only difference being the sides the two have been put on at the beginning of the story.

But her most impressive victory?She's still considered a positive character.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:I'd say white mantle or awakened, but what I really wish GW2 would do is stop using dragons, gods and other immortal/all-powerful beings as the villains in their story.

this. im tired of the main antagonists (and protagonists) being (or are associated to) dragons, deities, etc.

having the white mantle or joko as the main villains was one of parts of the gw2 story i liked the most (season 3 & some of pof/s4).

after EoD (and presumably after the last dragon is dealt with) i do hope in the living world seasons that follow, that we face something that isn't a gigantic/god/etc. being and instead face a faction/organization/order/guild as our main adversary

@Astyrah.4015 said:

@"AliamRationem.5172" said:I'd say white mantle or awakened, but what I really wish GW2 would do is stop using dragons, gods and other immortal/all-powerful beings as the villains in their story.

this. im tired of the main antagonists (and protagonists) being (or are associated to) dragons, deities, etc.

having the white mantle or joko as the main villains was one of parts of the gw2 story i liked the most (season 3 & some of pof/s4).

after EoD (and presumably after the last dragon is dealt with) i do hope in the living world seasons that follow, that we face something that isn't a gigantic/god/etc. being and instead face a faction/organization/order/guild as our main adversary

Isn't it exactly the opposite way in GW2?

Sure, "gods" supposedly created humans (although I recall only hearing about them bringing humans to Tyria, but that can be interpreted in a myriad of ways), and dragons are big and scary, but either party is far, far from intangible, unlike how the Mursaat had fled the scene all the way back.Putting "gods" in quotation, because the Six don't really line up with possessing immortality or being omniscient/omnipotent like what some real world mythologies tend to claim. They're powerful, and probably beyond mortal comprehension, but more akin to, say, Daedric princes of the Elder Scrolls universe.

Even more so, considering during the aforementioned S3 we're "casually" contemplating keeping the dragons alive. Not afraid whether we can or cannot kill them, the mindset is that they'll get murdered, we're just not sure what will happen afterwards.

Although, now that I think about it, is there any work of fiction whatsoever - besides perhaps the Bible - that puts a character against a literal omnipotent being? Because, exactly as the Bible shows, it makes for a rather boring story.

The Handsome Joko was a magnificent villain, though.