Sand Lion Model

DedTreeJig.3245

I was just about to make this thread myself! I'm probably more upset about this than I should be, but I really hate the model we were given. It looks so goofy with the gigantic rock mane, and the face is just... wrong. Compare it to the sand lioness which looks gorgeous. Reasonably proportioned and her face actually looks right, like a real lion. The veteran mob model also looks stunning! But instead we're stuck with the ugliest model? I pray anet makes a change to the lioness at least.

Comparison pic

I think it's worth pointing out that the pet actually has what looks like a bugged LOD on it's texture.

I've seen it next to me where the texture was so muddled I could barely make out it's eyes and other times where it looked crisp and clear.

I've noticed the same issue with the Mordrem Warbow. Sometimes the detail is all blurry and melted together so baddly I can't make out the individual teeth in the face and other times it's perfectly fine. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Berserker%27s_Mordrem_Warbow

I'm not sure what triggers it or how many other things have this problem but it sounds like this is what's causing the issues.

I don't hate the rock kitty. Only thing I dislike about it is its F2... too long of a cooldown for what it does or could have applied a barrier to allies. Too bad we didn't also get a Juvenile Fire Stalker. Would have been nice to pair up the Fire & Aqua Stalker (Fire/Water theme) and have a second Deadly feline aside Lynx. F2 burning pounce... one could hope.

@Wondrouswall.7169 said:I don't hate the rock kitty. Only thing I dislike about it is its F2... too long of a cooldown for what it does or could have applied a barrier to allies. Too bad we didn't also get a Juvenile Fire Stalker. Would have been nice to pair up the Fire & Aqua Stalker (Fire/Water theme) and have a second Deadly feline aside Lynx. F2 burning pounce... one could hope.

i know when I first saw the sand lion Sillohette I got excited that it would be a roaring ether... a little disappointed it's not.

The rock kittys F2 could be a little cooler imo, wish it also applied bleed or something for that long CD. And speaking of disappointing F2s, how about that Cheetah? Super cool F2, but not 45s CD cool.

@Durzlla.6295 said:

@Wondrouswall.7169 said:The rock kittys F2 could be a little cooler imo, wish it also applied bleed or something for that long CD. And speaking of disappointing F2s, how about that Cheetah? Super cool F2, but not 45s CD cool.

Yeah. It's pounce damage is already (slightly) lower than the other felines that hit twice on their pounces (Lynx/Snow Leopard), and it gives 8s of swiftness to allies... at the location of the target. I can't even describe how much of an oversight that is, especially when Tiger's Furious Pounce applies the fury at its location before the pounce.

Savannah Strike's cooldown is also 30s, not 45s. Would be much better if it was a single strike like Tiger's pounce, and applied 3s of Super Speed to allies at its location before it shadowsteps so, you know [Devs], allies can have something to catch up to the distant target.

Archived