WvW Server lock out

MaLeVoLenT.8129

Here we have the release of the expansion making thousands of players return to the game after many many changes to server population and WvW status. They're coming back to the game to find that they can't play with their friends or their guilds during a new expansion in WvW simply because a large percentage of servers are locked. These dedicated WvW players are fizzling out and some servers have been locked for 4 months prior. There is a serious problem with how server status is conducted and there is still a massive problem with population balance. IT seems short sighted for Arena Net to release an expansion and not allow people to play with their friends in WvW. I know this is a big PvE expansion but this is still crazy to me.

I understand that the top end of servers are way to stacked and opening them garners a more stacked server. However the problem was already there and even though the community has cried about this problem nothing was done about it. P.S. There are even half dead servers that are locked.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@GentlemanAce.1957 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:BG, JQ should both remain closed.

This isn't a topic on who should remain locked, it's about the sheer amount of servers that are still locked because of the way Arena Net evaluates server population. Posts like yours are the reason threads like these get locked.

Threads get locked because of matchup discussions.

Neither server has a link. Neither should open.

If returning players aren't on the servers their main guild is on, it's likely because their guild moved around and left them behind. Maybe they need to find a new guild?

This is a thread isnt about BG and JQ and even those servers shouldnt be locked in the manner they are locked. Perma locking a server has already proven to not help the flow of population. It's also not fair to tell players too bad find another guild.. or make new friends..and of course guilds and players move around. Server links invoke the movement of players as it is.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@GentlemanAce.1957 said:

This isn't a topic on who should remain locked, it's about the sheer amount of servers that are still locked because of the way Arena Net evaluates server population. Posts like yours are the reason threads like these get locked.

If returning players aren't on the servers their main guild is on, it's likely because their guild moved around and left them behind. Maybe they need to find a new guild?

What type of argument is that? People returning to the game trying to play with their friends should be told "lol get new friends"?

@DoctorWunderbar.5037 said:

@GentlemanAce.1957 said:

What type of argument is that? People returning to the game trying to play with their friends should be told "lol get new friends"?

Nah, but evidently their friends don't think it is worth it to move down. So.. how good of friends are those?

Reality is, people want to stack yet again.

@GentlemanAce.1957 said:

Either people returning to the game should not have left or their "friends" shouldn't have transferred servers, or both.

You can always transfer your guild AND your friends to a link world instead of a host world.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@GentlemanAce.1957 said:

Nah, but evidently their friends don't think it is worth it to move down. So.. how good of friends are those?

Wait. But servers down below are "Full" also. Whats your argument here.

I wonder why the alliance just doesn't r> @Swamurabi.7890 said:

@GentlemanAce.1957 said:

Either people returning to the game should not have left or their "friends" shouldn't have transferred servers, or both.

You can always transfer your guild AND your friends to a link world instead of a host world.

This. 100%

@Banzie.5248 said:

@GentlemanAce.1957 said:

I didn't argue that. They lumped my statement into this. My point was only that JQ and BG should remain locked. That's what started the direct quotes of my comments.

I've stated before: full does not equal full. I would have no problem with any server WITH a link being opened.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Banzie.5248 said:

@GentlemanAce.1957 said:

I didn't argue that. They lumped my statement into this. My point was only that JQ and BG should remain locked. That's what started the direct quotes of my comments.

I've stated before: full does not equal full. I would have no problem with any server WITH a link being opened.

I think what Mal is ultimately trying to say is Anets idea of a "Full" server is screwed up somewhere. Having playing against both TC and CD and then BG/FA/Mag/JQ their populations are no where near the same. We should have Anet review and rethink their determination of a Full server.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Banzie.5248 said:

@GentlemanAce.1957 said:

Do you legitimately think that servers like TC and FA are competitive with other "Full" servers?

SquadGols

@Banzie.5248 said:

@GentlemanAce.1957 said:

Do you legitimately think that servers like TC and FA are competitive with other "Full" servers?

SquadGols

Read above. Never did I say linked servers shouldn't be opened.

Strider Pj that makes no sense if you understand how relinks and server status work. They are not one in the same. Arena Net links servers based on a threshold. They want to be able to pair all servers but its not possible. Therefore a server can be locked at 50% of the threshold. There are some servers that well exceed this threshold of 50% and those servers will not receive any link. A server can be underpopulated based on the 100% threshold and have no link and still be locked simply because they cant find a pair that equates to 100% without going over that 100%.

server-links allow for temporary imbalances as well. If there was a large pool of players not satisfied with their home world and they must look for a new one in todays day and age (Which seems to be what some are suggesting- to play with friends) they most likely will reside on a server link. Increasing the total amount of that pairs threshold until the next reevaluation. Where they will probably have to move again. This is not a fix. It's a continual bandaid that will be ripped off in 2 months of time.

Archived