Just Spellbreaker Things

CrashTheGrey.1492

@Shafi.8952 said:We can outlive everything but we can't kill anything without another teammate.A blessing and a curse.

What I've noticed is, especially running strength, disc, sb, is some pretty good damage in addition to a lot of sustain. More spread out, but by abusing unblockables and such I was having some success in outnumbered fights taking people out.

In this video, I'm dicking around with Def, Disc, SB. I was laughing a lot during this and messing around; but when I was try harding solo I had good success once again in taking people out and doing respectable damage. Still testing a lot of different options and will probably make an actual roaming video later.

Right now I am running Axe/Sh - D/D Spellbreaker with Disc, Def, and SB but I need to try Str, Disc, and SB. I am just wondering if the extra damage would be better than the defense considering the Spellbreaker mechanics. I guess the idea by taking Strength over Defense is to finish off the threat first, how viable that is I am not sure.

I wonder if Might makes Right could replace the AH.

What troubles me most is the threat from condi builds on some of these elite specs just kiting out the Full-Counter and denying me the defense I would desperately need while I am ticking away towards death. AH at least puts some brakes on the that whole process.

@sneakytails.5629 said:Right now I am running Axe/Sh - D/D Spellbreaker with Disc, Def, and SB but I need to try Str, Disc, and SB. I am just wondering if the extra damage would be better than the defense considering the Spellbreaker mechanics. I guess the idea by taking Strength over Defense is to finish off the threat first, how viable that is I am not sure.

I wonder if Might makes Right could replace the AH.

What troubles me most is the threat from condi builds on some of these elite specs just kiting out the Full-Counter and denying me the defense I would desperately need while I am ticking away towards death. AH at least puts some brakes on the that whole process.

I've been running berserker stance, gotta go fast button, and heal signet and laughing at all condi application whatsoever with the trait-ed full counter. I think what happens without defense is you'll want to run Might Makes right if you're feeling too squishy or lacking sustain (GS is probably optimal if going strength) and really get those stacks going. I tend to say "nid damages" and run DD with strength because of the 3-4 combo and I play as oppressively as I can with full counter.

I roam so I won't be parting with GS, but I think there's quite a few options right now and it's going to be harder to find "optimal" with this spec than with berserker or core. At least as far as weapons are concerned and the synergies tying into CC application.

All this BS of having to run away for 2 minutes when a thief or a Mesmer can simply put stealth and escape in 5 seconds, or a ranger with stealth in 10 seconds, or a guardian with trapper runes in 10 seconds. There is a reason why warriors are the least played class in WvW.

Archived