make daily dungeon actually worth doing.

Not sure how you think this will affect material prices, and dungeon tokens are far more generous now than they've ever been. Raising tokens isn't necessarily going to get more people running dungeons. It just means they'll run one and stop, because if they need tokens, no reason to run all three paths.

If I need 500 tokens to make a legendary, right now I have to make five runs, but at launch it was 9.

The dungeon running community just isn't as big as you think it is. It's not going to change the price of low level mats in any significant way.

@zealex.9410 said:One thing they could do considering dungeons can be lowmanned or soloed is change how loot works to be more like gw1. Basically gold is split across the group and gold dropped is the same regardless of the group size.

That would make it more likely that (some) veterans would refuse to accept new players in their group: it would both slow them down and reduce their earnings.

I agree with @Vayne.8563: the current rewards are more generous than they've even been.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@zealex.9410 said:One thing they could do considering dungeons can be lowmanned or soloed is change how loot works to be more like gw1. Basically gold is split across the group and gold dropped is the same regardless of the group size.

That would make it more likely that (some) veterans would refuse to accept new players in their group: it would both slow them down and reduce their earnings.

I agree with @Vayne.8563: the current rewards are more generous than they've even been.

If some veterans dont want new players why would they put lfg up? New players would and everyone that wants to join could join.

Or remove dungeons from the Daily Completionist altogether. I run dungeons with my guild pretty regularly, but when reset hits, I'm not looking to spend 30minutes completing a daily when I can take 10mins to view a vista, mine some ore, and kill a Dolyak and collect my 2g / 3 shards.

EDIT to be clear, I love dungeons, and I'd be very happy if they made a set of dungeon dailies - I just don't think they should be taking up a spot for the completionist meta.

There's too many things to do daily already.

What we could use is the return of monthly achievements, but as Quarterly Achievements this time.

Unlike the boring and repetitive monthly achievements that could be done in one day, quarterly achievements would require doing many different things.

So instead "Complete 10 fractals" that could be done with the easiest and fastest fractal over and over, you'd have: "Complete each fractal", since 3 months are enough time to do them all with dailies and recommended, and do any you may have missed before the time runs out.

And instead "Kill X of type of creature Y" you would have "Kill 100 of 75 different types of creature" .

And instead "Complete 10 dungeons" you would have "Complete each dungeon".

Then the reward for the Quarterly Dungeon Explorer achievement could be a stack of a few Chests of Dungeoneering, some Marks to purchase ascended gear, and finally, a second Dungeon Vendor could be added with variants of dungeon gear like weapons of different colors, or day-only and night-only ascalon weapons, kodan weapons that are not frozen, flame legion armor with dyable flames, etc, and of course ascended versions of that gear.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Or remove dungeons from the Daily Completionist altogether. I run dungeons with my guild pretty regularly, but when reset hits, I'm not looking to spend 30minutes completing a daily when I can take 10mins to view a vista, mine some ore, and kill a Dolyak and collect my 2g / 3 shards.

EDIT to be clear, I love dungeons, and I'd be very happy if they made a set of dungeon dailies - I just don't think they should be taking up a spot for the completionist meta.

Then don’t do that daily as you have eleven other options. Not all dailies have to be completed within a matter of minutes.

Archived