Match Ready Box - It should go away after a player hits accept

Title says it all ^

• When you're in the free for all arena waiting for que and that box pops up = dead
  • When you're in a custom arena waiting for que and that box pops up = dead
  • When you're in wvw waiting for que and that box pops up = dead
  • When que pops for AT but someone waits the maximum amount of time to hit accept, making everyone else wait 5 minutes with a box on their screen that doesn't allow them to do anything at all other that sit and stare at the box = very annoying. IE: Can't craft, can't organize inventory, can't organize bank, can't sift through and preview wardrobe options, can't salvage, can't do anything. In 5 minutes, I could complete 1/4th of a small map such as Queensdale, or fully salvage/organize/sell a full inventory of drops.

It's a drain on time and it's very frustrating getting suddenly locked out of your UI, especially if you are in combat when it happens. I assume the purpose in the UI locking and inability to click & drag the box, was to make sure players see it so they can hit accept. But is there really a reason for the box to stay locked in the middle of a user's screen, locking them out of other UIs, after they have already hit accept? Just make it go away after a player hits accept.

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:I also hate the map selection screen being permanent. It's been on our list of future QoL changes for a while. I'm hoping once swiss gets in, we'll have more time for some things like this.

TY, but with this, can we have also a way to automatically close the "rules window" that always pop inside the arena ?

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Title says it all ^

• When you're in the free for all arena waiting for que and that box pops up = dead
  • When you're in a custom arena waiting for que and that box pops up = dead
  • When you're in wvw waiting for que and that box pops up = dead
  • When que pops for AT but someone waits the maximum amount of time to hit accept, making everyone else wait 5 minutes with a box on their screen that doesn't allow them to do anything at all other that sit and stare at the box = very annoying. IE: Can't craft, can't organize inventory, can't organize bank, can't sift through and preview wardrobe options, can't salvage, can't do anything. In 5 minutes, I could complete 1/4th of a small map such as Queensdale, or fully salvage/organize/sell a full inventory of drops.

It's a drain on time and it's very frustrating getting suddenly locked out of your UI, especially if you are in combat when it happens. I assume the purpose in the UI locking and inability to click & drag the box, was to make sure players see it so they can hit accept. But is there really a reason for the box to stay locked in the middle of a user's screen, locking them out of other UIs, after they have already hit accept? Just make it go away after a player hits accept.

If the map selection dialog be movable, it would not bother us... But alas, it's not... :/

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:I also hate the map selection screen being permanent. It's been on our list of future QoL changes for a while. I'm hoping once swiss gets in, we'll have more time for some things like this.

Just delete it man, the managers probably won't even notice that your finger "accidentally" slipped onto the delete pvp_mapselection_window.class button because it won't be there any more, what could possibly go wrong? =)

• ArenaNet Staff

@Legatus.3608 said:

Just delete it man, the managers probably won't even notice that your finger "accidentally" slipped onto the delete pvp_mapselection_window.class button because it won't be there any more, what could possibly go wrong? =)

Hah, I'm not a programmer so I don't have access to the code. ;)

@Legatus.3608 said:

Later that day:None of us can play PvP! Why does Anet hate PvPers?!!??! :trollface:

@CETheLucid.3964 said:

Later that day:None of us can play PvP! Why does Anet hate PvPers?!!??! :trollface:

But then they would be forced to prioritize it because its totally broken B)

@Talos.9608 said:accept, dismiss. Simple as that.

Yes, I just recently learned that the dismiss button does remove the box after hitting accept. I had avoided ever pushing that button because I had no idea what it did. I just never wanted to screw up my que and get dishonor from it.

Still doesn't solve the bigger problems with the whole match ready/map select screen though:

• When the box pops, it shuts you out of other UIs temporarily, this can happen at bad times.
  • Map select screen is the destroyer ^^ When it happens, you die if you are engaged in any relatively pitched combat.

I don't think the current match ready UI is THAT bad, it just shouldn't lock you out of being able to push buttons/select other in-game options. When the box pops, it should still allow the player to move freely and use any UI, no different than if they had opened an inventory screen or a hero panel. As far as the map selection destroyer box, same above rules should apply and it also needs a dismiss button. Unless Anet really wants to overhaul match ready UI, I think that would solve the issues.

Archived