Time and Kralkatorrik. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Time and Kralkatorrik.

DoggySpew.4529DoggySpew.4529 Member ✭✭

Y'know, I've been thinking about what domains Kralkatorrik would have. Kralk 1st domain is crystals, but Kralk's second one is a mystery.
But I think it would logical if it was Time. Why? Because of Glint. If she could see time and thus make prophecies, why can't Kralk? This could lead up to Kralk knowing it's end is coming in your form. It already is the most "Runaway" Dragon in Guild Wars, fleeing when things get too hot. Maybe Kralk is scared.

Comments

• Konig Des Todes.2086Konig Des Todes.2086 Member ✭✭✭✭

I recall it being mentioned in Season 2 that Glint's prophetic abilities were unique among the Elder Dragons and their champions. It's likely this was why the Forgotten chose to try to free her rather than some other dragon scion (were there others).

Besides that, the Zephyrite skills, Aurene's abilities, and Kralkatorrik's abilities, would suggest that his second domain is Sky/Air or the like, due to the heavy theme of lightning, wind, storms, clouds, and sunlight.

Besides, if Kralkatorrik had prophetic abilities, he'd be able to avoid the near-death experiences which lead him to run away. The two times it he had "fled", the first was after he killed Snaff who had managed to immobilize him, and the second was after killing Balthazar who had damaged him via Aurene. Both times, he had fought a personal battle, suffered some injuries, killed the one who injured him, and left while ignoring the rest present. Hard to call that "running away" if he was already victorious.

• Matt H.6142Matt H.6142 Member ✭✭✭

I believe it’s set up in the Elon Riverlands and maybe Istan that he’s a dragon of electrical energy and his weakness is energy rebound, or feedback.

• ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭

@DoggySpew.4529 said:
    Y'know, I've been thinking about what domains Kralkatorrik would have. Kralk 1st domain is crystals, but Kralk's second one is a mystery.
    But I think it would logical if it was Time. Why? Because of Glint. If she could see time and thus make prophecies, why can't Kralk? This could lead up to Kralk knowing it's end is coming in your form. It already is the most "Runaway" Dragon in Guild Wars, fleeing when things get too hot. Maybe Kralk is scared.

Time would be problematic, a domain presumes control over that domain. A main villain with control over time will over complex the narratives.

Tannhauser Engineer(SoS) | Atlantean Sword | Khel the Undead

• Eekasqueak.7850Eekasqueak.7850 Member ✭✭✭

I'd say it's definitely air too what with his affinity for storms.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.