Mechanics question: Cannoneer's tokens for Gandaran Service Medal

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Actually, the Wiki does provide the information (the name of the event required); it just doesn't have a page for the link.

Sure, it tells you the name of the event, but because there's no page, you can't tell under which circumstances the event happens, and it seemed reasonable, at least, to suppose it might be linked to the reprogramming events in some way. And I now have the Gandaran medal finished. I just need to find the Orrian temples at a moment where they need to be taken back. And to gather another 220+ Inscribed Shards to buy the urn from Lady Camilla, and then I'll be able to finish the Dauntless thing.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Actually, the Wiki does provide the information (the name of the event required); it just doesn't have a page for the link.

Sure, it tells you the name of the event, but because there's no page, you can't tell under which circumstances the event happens, and it seemed reasonable, at least, to suppose it might be linked to the reprogramming events in some way. And I now have the Gandaran medal finished. I just need to find the Orrian temples at a moment where they need to be taken back. And to gather another 220+ Inscribed Shards to buy the urn from Lady Camilla, and then I'll be able to finish the Dauntless thing.

You can also find a temple that is under attack. One of them may be bugged per player comments (Dwayna?) but generally if you get some good hits in on the priest during the defend, you will get credit towards the collection. I even got my Balthazar one on a failed defense. The trick was to be in a large squad that had people monitoring all the temples, preferably on different map id's, so when one popped the player there could call it out, drag themselves to a new squad group to make it easy to spot them, and everyone hustle over to join in their map. Doing that got it done in a day or two for me.

@Felipe.1807 said:One thing i that bothered me is that the game dont inform which event rewards you for which medal(or atleast I didnt saw this information)...when I did it, I had to randomly do the events in hopes to get the Medals that I needed.

Slightly annoying but 3 medals and 3 events doesn't take a whole lot to figure out.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Felipe.1807 said:One thing i that bothered me is that the game dont inform which event rewards you for which medal(or atleast I didnt saw this information)...when I did it, I had to randomly do the events in hopes to get the Medals that I needed.

Slightly annoying but 3 medals and 3 events doesn't take a whole lot to figure out.

I know, but like I said, when I done it I wasnt paying attention to where i got my medals, so I had to do the events more times then they were needed.

@Donari.5237 said:

You can also find a temple that is under attack. One of them may be bugged per player comments (Dwayna?) but generally if you get some good hits in on the priest

Curiously, I mapped into Malchor's this morning and the Dwayna one was just beginning, so I followed the sequence through and got credit for that. So now I've done Dwayna and He Whose Name Shall Not Be Spoken Because He Tried To Destroy The World (HWNSNBSBHTTDTW?), so just three left to do. And 132 more Inscribed Shards.

EDIT: sorry, the Dwayna take-back, not the Dwayna defence.

Archived