[PvP] Axe as power weapon

The V.8759

Hey guys,

Small question. I'm currently abroad and my laptop and internet are too slow to play matches, so I can only test builds on Golems. I've noticed that axe power damage is actually quite good. Do you think it could be viable in any way as a power or hybrid weapon for PvP? It offers more cc than sword but less mobility.

Anyone tried?

@The V.8759 said:Hey guys,

Small question. I'm currently abroad and my laptop and internet are too slow to play matches, so I can only test builds on Golems. I've noticed that axe power damage is actually quite good. Do you think it could be viable in any way as a power or hybrid weapon for PvP? It offers more cc than sword but less mobility.

Anyone tried?

I saw a FB last season running a dps heavy build with good sustain: mostly full mantras, likely mender's amulet, and axe/focus paired with sword/shield. He was contesting side points the entire game and managed to drive people away in every 1v1. That build has poor mobility, can't stand up to 1v2s for long, is overshadowed by more potent builds on other classes and has no burst capabilities. He was most definitely power based or hybrid though from his damage (if hybrid, likely sage's amulet).

You can probably make a fun and somewhat effective power or hybrid build with axe but don't expect it to be meta breaking or anything like that.

Archived