Sword/dagger wvw rotation.

TSOdinson.2518

Marauder armor weapons, zerker trinkets/back.

I'm going to play with this build i made see if it works: 221 arcane, 331 air, 123 weaver. High vigor uptime, high retal and proc uptime, instant blast on dodge roll for water field callouts by guild guardians, nice area cc with x3x air.

Was thinking fire/arcane for 10% more damage on burned targets.

Arcane brilliance, twist of fate, armor of earth, lightning flash, weave self.

Is there a rotation? Or is it just churning earth fire/fire swap, lightning flash into pin and fire 3, 2, 4, 5 and swap between earth and fire constantly?

@steki.1478 said:I'd suggest searching for lightning rod pvp build as it has same gameplay and very similar build. Skill rotations aren't really a thing in pvp/wvw since skills depend on situation, it's not like pve where your only goal is dps.

I love scepter dagger in WvW. Moreso when I'm in a zerg or I'm defending a location. Lightning attacks are a good way to help my team stay narrowed in on a Mesmer as the lightning bolt doesn't lose track of the original so long as I targeted the right one and keep pouring out the wattage.

I haven't used Sword/dagger in WvW so let me know how it goes tough. I tend to stick to mid range attacks in WvW with my Elementalist.

@Dace.8173 said:

@steki.1478 said:I'd suggest searching for lightning rod pvp build as it has same gameplay and very similar build. Skill rotations aren't really a thing in pvp/wvw since skills depend on situation, it's not like pve where your only goal is dps.

I love scepter dagger in WvW. Moreso when I'm in a zerg or I'm defending a location. Lightning attacks are a good way to help my team stay narrowed in on a Mesmer as the lightning bolt doesn't lose track of the original so long as I targeted the right one and keep pouring out the wattage.

I haven't used Sword/dagger in WvW so let me know how it goes tough. I tend to stick to mid range attacks in WvW with my Elementalist.

I'd suggest using s/f then since dagger has only melee attacks, which are useless at mid range and focus gives a lot better range pressure and strong projectile hate and an invuln.

Sword is full melee as well and melee ele is quite fragile, but sw/d has lots of evades and sustain in its kit at the cost of damage output. It also has decent CC which is why lightning rod trait works well with it.

It's worth mentioning that staff works a lot better in 2 situations you mentioned. All other weapons become extremely inefficient (compared to staff) with bigger number of enemies.

If you roam word/dagger obviously you'll be at melee and if you play alone I really suggest you play Water Grandmaster trait Cleansing Water + Weaver GM trait Woven Stride. And going full DPS (armor and traits) with sword, even with some evades, is too risky. Your build will be better with scepter.Because your water #5 is 7-8sec waiting (attune to water, attune again...), and your others cleansing are your heal cantrip (which can be interrupted) and your fire cantrip .... Mirage, scourge, thief, ranger will break you easily at melee.Arcane or Air are great too, arcane is more sustain and more hybrid build friendly, Air traits work great with weaver traits for power dps boost.

For rotation, every elements, every skills are important; don't panic/roll face elements ; when using Elite Stance try to avail the 20sec before attune to the 4th element to maximise buffs; try to use your field to stack might, try to stun people in your fields or chain them with fire#2 or dual attacks #3. Water/earth to tank, water/air to cleanse, air/fire power dmg, fire/earth condi dmg.air/earth - fire/air - air/air #3 (try to chain them) + Primordial Stance (16-24-25 vulnerability) = epic DPSair/earth #5 + Primordial Stance + elite stance = fatality (hard to place but <3 <3 <3 <3 )This is my Build (I don't know yet about runes and sigils, may be i'll go back to durability runes) I tried zerk/marauder/zealot as I tried viper/"condi tank", in result IMO grieving/marshall set offers more engaging fights, offers to switch gameplay fast, for example against War Stances. The trait on Stances to get stab is sh*t but it allows you to close-gap easily pewpew rangers and thiefs, or mirage or scepter ele etc, without being stun, or just to finish downed people ...And my scepter build, which is your build, but wuth scepter : build2

@steki.1478 said:

I'd suggest using s/f then since dagger has only melee attacks, which are useless at mid range and focus gives a lot better range pressure and strong projectile hate and an invuln.

Sword is full melee as well and melee ele is quite fragile, but sw/d has lots of evades and sustain in its kit at the cost of damage output. It also has decent CC which is why lightning rod trait works well with it.

It's worth mentioning that staff works a lot better in 2 situations you mentioned. All other weapons become extremely inefficient (compared to staff) with bigger number of enemies.

I use scepter for the visual lightning bolt that makes it easy for my team to see the Mesmer and not the clones. Also, I've discovered that when folks are being hit with a long stream of lightning they back off from the tower even if it isn't doing damage. But I'll give focus a try. I've never really liked the weapon but I can add it to my options and see how well I adapt to it.

@Dace.8173 said:

I use scepter for the visual lightning bolt that makes it easy for my team to see the Mesmer and not the clones. Also, I've discovered that when folks are being hit with a long stream of lightning they back off from the tower even if it isn't doing damage. But I'll give focus a try. I've never really liked the weapon but I can add it to my options and see how well I adapt to it.

Mesmer is already easy to separate from clones and aoes from staff can stop a lot more attackers than scepter autoattack.

@steki.1478 said:

Mesmer is already easy to separate from clones and aoes from staff can stop a lot more attackers than scepter autoattack.

Ok, but I still love scepter over staff.

Archived