Throw out skirmish results and/or disable WvW when servers are broken. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Throw out skirmish results and/or disable WvW when servers are broken.

Optimator.3589Optimator.3589 Member ✭✭✭

Not going to name names, but some servers are shamelessly exploiting the inability of other servers to get responders online, or to get callouts onto /t. The game mode should be shut down in such situations, or have the scores from affected skirmishes thrown out.

REDUCE NA TO 3 TIERS

Comments

• steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭

This is worse than thread about "removing" night capping.

• Optimator.3589Optimator.3589 Member ✭✭✭

@steki.1478 said:

Night capping may be a bit annoying, but everybody at least has the ability to log in and play if their schedule allows. Server problems outright prevent people from being able to get on and defend.

I get that this isn't going to be a popular stance to take, what with "winning" only affecting what tier you go to the following week, but I'm one of those weird people that sometimes feels that principle matters. /shrug

REDUCE NA TO 3 TIERS

• steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Optimator.3589 said:

@steki.1478 said:

Night capping may be a bit annoying, but everybody at least has the ability to log in and play if their schedule allows. Server problems outright prevent people from being able to get on and defend.

I get that this isn't going to be a popular stance to take, what with "winning" only affecting what tier you go to the following week, but I'm one of those weird people that sometimes feels that principle matters. /shrug

Everyone has login problems though, not just your server...

• BlueMelody.6398BlueMelody.6398 Member ✭✭✭

What evidence do you have that login issues are disproportionately affecting your server relative to your opponents?

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

Ok... so winning matters again? I've kind of lost track. First it mattered, then it didn't, then everyone bandwagonned again and it mattered again, then servers died, got linked, didn't matter, then one server rose to the top and didn't leave it, and winning didn't matter again, until bandwagoning happened to a link to push the link to host, then winning matters again???

• Roxanne.6140Roxanne.6140 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 16, 2018

^ Welcome to gw2 where only 2 things matter: organisation and circles.

• Israel.7056Israel.7056 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Strider Pj.2193 said:
    Ok... so winning matters again? I've kind of lost track. First it mattered, then it didn't, then everyone bandwagonned again and it mattered again, then servers died, got linked, didn't matter, then one server rose to the top and didn't leave it, and winning didn't matter again, until bandwagoning happened to a link to push the link to host, then winning matters again???

It's an individual's value judgment ultimately. I've actually been getting back into ppting lately.

• Straegen.2938Straegen.2938 Member ✭✭✭

The score is a symptom of a problem or problems not an actual problem. Shutting down the scoring is akin to bandaging an infected wound without treating the infection. I suggest stop asking to "fix" the scoring as that does virtually nothing to address problem(s).

• HazyDaisy.4107HazyDaisy.4107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 16, 2018

Not a problem this week, the group in question is going to move up as they should based on the score that is being derived because of their new massive population. In the coming weeks, based on their level of "boredom" it may become an issue, but this week, not a problem the quicker they get away, the quicker everyone else below them can have fun again.

[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination - Sorrows Furnace

• Evolute.6239Evolute.6239 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 16, 2018

Every server was borked, it literally effected everyone equally. A keep was taken by red and it was shown as blue for over an hour this afternoon. Should everyone just quit the mode when the servers are unavailable?

Stuff happens.

• hunkamania.7561hunkamania.7561 Member ✭✭✭

Who cares about PPT?

Ferguson's Crossing Server Leader

WVW LEADER

VR

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@hunkamania.7561 said:
    Who cares about PPT?

Evidently OP does?

Maybe since he changed servers?

• Etheri.5406Etheri.5406 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Israel.7056 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

It's an individual's value judgment ultimately. I've actually been getting back into ppting lately.

Same here. Turns out that when my opponents are really into PPT, i'm also really into PPT. It's the most efficient way to bait them into one place and have them deliver us lootbags repeatedly. Bonus points if it triggers them that they can't even win at their own (PPT centric) game.

Even for players who don't care about "winning", PPT is a means to an end because there's always other players who do care.

• Israel.7056Israel.7056 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Etheri.5406 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Same here. Turns out that when my opponents are really into PPT, i'm also really into PPT. It's the most efficient way to bait them into one place and have them deliver us lootbags repeatedly. Bonus points if it triggers them that they can't even win at their own (PPT centric) game.

Even for players who don't care about "winning", PPT is a means to an end because there's always other players who do care.

Well in my case Mag is having a lot of trouble with fights lately so PPT is all I've got left.

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

Skirmishes last 3 hours and a single skirmish does not decide who wins that week, so why bother

Smugly chuckling forever.
    My sentence doesn't make sense? Well, I probably forgot to write half of it before posting.

• Optimator.3589Optimator.3589 Member ✭✭✭

@Etheri.5406 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Bingo. And it does directly influence the next matchup, which influences quality/quantity of fights.

With regard to what made me think that the situation was being exploited, was that it didn't take very long after the map and team chat stopped working for garri and the keeps in home BL to suddenly come under attack. One might call it smart gameplay on the enemy's part, others might call it exploitative. Or it could just be coincidence and I'm reading more into it than was actually there. I don't know. But one's perception generally does equal one's reality.

REDUCE NA TO 3 TIERS

• Kaiser.9873Kaiser.9873 Member ✭✭✭

Considering every server NA had the problem, it seems the playing field is leveled for all.

• Krypto.2069Krypto.2069 Member ✭✭✭

If it were back in the old tournament days, then yeah, ok... freeze it. :+1:
    But now... errr... kitten it.. whatever! HAHAHA! :lol:

(I'm mostly just in there to kill whoever I can and take whatever dice roll the 3 Fates throw at us! :mrgreen:)

Moonlight [THRU]

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.