restore deleted character

Wandred.4583

You can submit a support ticket and ask. Anet changed their stance on that some time ago and stated it is available on a case by case basis.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4vtba0/psa_customer_support_can_undelete_characters/d617z2p/

Hi guys!

OP is correct, it's a new thing, it's very much on trial right now - and we cannot promise everyone a character restoration yet.

Much like all refunds and restorations, these are on case-by-case basis, we need to check a lot of stuff (Is there a free character slot? Was the character name taken? What's the account history?) and in some cases it may not actually work. New toys, might break and all that.

In some cases it might actually be better to try and ping us with an explanation of what precisely happened. The other day I had a user delete a character with an infinite mining tool, I simply replaced the tool for them, as that was much quicker a solution.

So, if you need help, give us as much info as you can, we'll see what we can do to help. :)

I took a break from the game and re-installed it to play again and 2 of my characters were gone. This was well before they 'changed their stance'. They said they didn't find anything 'suspicious' on my account to give them back :(I lots 2 of my oldest characters and all their skins, and it bugs me every time I enter in /ageI really hope you have a better chance than I did. Good Luck !

@Nythrilyn.2146 said:I took a break from the game and re-installed it to play again and 2 of my characters were gone. This was well before they 'changed their stance'. They said they didn't find anything 'suspicious' on my account to give them back :(I lots 2 of my oldest characters and all their skins, and it bugs me every time I enter in /ageI really hope you have a better chance than I did. Good Luck !

If it was before the policy changed (and the tools to restore characters were implemented), you should try again. Before, they could only had the ART (Account Restoration Tool), and only used it for compromised accounts.

Good luck.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

If it was before the policy changed (and the tools to restore characters were implemented), you should try again. Before, they could only had the ART (Account Restoration Tool), and only used it for compromised accounts.

Good luck.

It was probably going back about 2 years now. I honestly doubt they would even look into it again :/ I was SO angry at the time dealing with them, and I stated it must have been a file error on their part, because how else could I lose characters when I didn't even have access to the game and didn't even know what had happened until I decided to play again. At the same time asking where are all the skins I had ?? To which I got 'oh well if they are on the characters you deleted, then we can't help you.... 'characters I deleted ????? ' Grrr still makes me mad now -_-

@Nythrilyn.2146 said:

Good luck.

It was probably going back about 2 years now. I honestly doubt they would even look into it again :/ I was SO angry at the time dealing with them, and I stated it must have been a file error on their part, because how else could I lose characters when I didn't even have access to the game and didn't even know what had happened until I decided to play again. At the same time asking where are all the skins I had ?? To which I got 'oh well if they are on the characters you deleted, then we can't help you.... 'characters I deleted ????? ' Grrr still makes me mad now -_-

I would try. It doesn't hurt to try. :)

Archived