Explain Engineer Damage Mitigation and stability uptime to me

Hot Boy.7138

I pvp a lot as a power, dual sword mesmer. Fighting engineers of any specialization is usually challenging because I can't CC engineers, and then they take such little damage from my attacks. I've never played engineer myself and don't plan on it. Can someone explain to me engineer's damage mitigation skills/traits, how to know when they are NOT active so i can burst. And how to deal with the near 100% uptime on stability.

Thanks

@"Hot Boy.7138" said:I pvp a lot as a power, dual sword mesmer. Fighting engineers of any specialization is usually challenging because I can't CC engineers, and then they take such little damage from my attacks. I've never played engineer myself and don't plan on it. Can someone explain to me engineer's damage mitigation skills/traits, how to know when they are NOT active so i can burst. And how to deal with the near 100% uptime on stability.

Thanks

"Engineers of any specialization" hmm.. I doubt anybody will explain every damage mitigation trait and skill if you don't narrow it down a little bit more

Holosmith's stability will mostly come from corona bursting your clones which also give barrier per target hit. There are only two passive damage reduction traits I know of for holosmith, iron blooded which gives 2% damage reduction per boon and light density amplifier which gives 15% reduction when photon forge is active. Kite until out of forge, don't spam clones as they are cleaved down with ease.

@Hot Boy.7138 said:I pvp a lot as a power, dual sword mesmer. Fighting engineers of any specialization is usually challenging because I can't CC engineers, and then they take such little damage from my attacks. I've never played engineer myself and don't plan on it. Can someone explain to me engineer's damage mitigation skills/traits, how to know when they are NOT active so i can burst. And how to deal with the near 100% uptime on stability.

Thanks

There's a bunch of damage mitigation tools in engineer. You'll have to be specific as to what you're seeing it from. Holosmith? Scrapper? Core?

And by damage mitigation, do you mean straight damage reduction, or other things such as blinds, slows, weakness, etc?

Archived