What is the Deadeye WvW sniper build?

Anput.4620

@MUDse.7623 said:that is a ranger not a deadeye. deadeye is superior in stealth sniping, ranger in range sniping.

Deadeye rifle has 1500 range though right? You also have tons of imobilize. I see a lot of these deadeye builds focused on locking and bursting you down from places you can't reach.

@"DAANHHH.4617" said:

@MUDse.7623 said:that is a ranger not a deadeye. deadeye is superior in stealth sniping, ranger in range sniping.

Deadeye rifle has 1500 range though right? You also have tons of imobilize. I see a lot of these deadeye builds focused on locking and bursting you down from places you can't reach.

ranger bow has a lot more range so if your defense is being on range on a place you cant get up to, then ranger can abuse far more range. also has an arcing projectile so it can hit above ledges and you cant hit back unless with action cam aiming at higher parts of the hitbox.

i mean ofc if it is within range i also try to use the terrain on my deadeye yet the deadeye excells in frequent stealth access and the ranger in suprior range. so if you just aim to go to some unreachable places and shoot, then ranger is the better choice.

if you insist on using a deadeye for it you may find a build for it in the deadeye 2.0 build discussion thread there are a few new builds from spvp with high opening burst in there from Urejt for example you could use a variant of it if you wish with more offensive gear for that purpose.

@anduriell.6280 said:

Um nope those are deadeyes, the ranger ones usually are much closer in case they can chain the 60K WI

strange rangers allways pew pew me ..i mean who does get hit by WI ?the deadeye melee burst is alot better then rangers (Malicious Backstab)

Most DE's I see want open pathing to blink closer to you for a quick burst since DE rifle shots don't have the arch and don't have that inertia at max range. If you try to stay at max range and try to perch too often as DE you'll likely get a lot of obstructed hits or target out of range. I still see some rifle DE's perching but after they mark they'll probably need to come down and mix it up if I'm not just standing still.

ranger bow has a lot more range so if your defense is being on range on a place you cant get up to, then ranger can abuse far more range. also has an arcing projectile so it can hit above ledges and you cant hit back unless with action cam aiming at higher parts of the hitbox.

Longbow is the same range of 1500 right?

Also, you should just make sure you have the high ground right?

Most DE's I see want open pathing to blink closer to you for a quick burst since DE rifle shots don't have the arch and don't have that inertia at max range. If you try to stay at max range and try to perch too often as DE you'll likely get a lot of obstructed hits or target out of range. I still see some rifle DE's perching but after they mark they'll probably need to come down and mix it up if I'm not just standing still.

It is for WvW really which has a lot of good hiding spots.

@"DAANHHH.4617" said:

rifle has a definite 1500 range. bow has base ~1,7-1,8k range and depending on terrain much more. rifle allways is 1,5k.high ground is not important though it helps to hit a person inside a group without bodyblock issues. what is important is that there is no valid path between target and you so they cant teleport to you.

@MUDse.7623 said:

@"DAANHHH.4617" said:

rifle has a definite 1500 range. bow has base ~1,7-1,8k range and depending on terrain much more. rifle allways is 1,5k.high ground is not important though it helps to hit a person inside a group without bodyblock issues. what is important is that there is no valid path between target and you so they cant teleport to you.

Longbow is 1500 too right? I don't really see a lot of rangers but i do see a lot of deadeyes in WvW.

I looked at your build in the thread and it looks cool but im trying deadly arts over shadow arts rn and i use the last deadeye trait be quick or be killed to focus the build fully on the rifle. Isn't shortbow good in WvW btw?

@"DAANHHH.4617" said:

@"DAANHHH.4617" said:

Longbow is 1500 too right? I don't really see a lot of rangers but i do see a lot of deadeyes in WvW.

I looked at your build in the thread and it looks cool but im trying deadly arts over shadow arts rn and i use the last deadeye trait be quick or be killed to focus the build fully on the rifle. Isn't shortbow good in WvW btw?

no 1500 is not 1500 in gw2.i see way more rangers in WvW then i do see deadeyes.my build is not for sniping, i mean i can snipe many people but thats not its purpose. as said look at the build Urejt posted in one of the last comments, thats probably more what you are looking for.

@"DAANHHH.4617" said:

no 1500 is not 1500 in gw2.

Ok now i am confused.

Btw what are all these oneshot perma stealth builds i see online? They follow someone and suddenly have a ton of malice/passively regen it really fast and then hit for like 22k.

He keeps hinting at it but not explaining. Rifle projectile fire in a straight line. at 1200/1500(kneeling) range they simply fizzle out and disappear. so their max range is 1500.

Ranger longbow however, the arrows 'arc' to their location, and only disappear once they hit terrain. on flat ground they will fall at a 1500 distance, but if the ranger has the high ground, the arrows will continue falling down and forward for a longer distance, allowing them to hit target from sometimes 1700/1800 range.

@Ustaf.2953 said:

@"DAANHHH.4617" said:

Ok now i am confused.

Btw what are all these oneshot perma stealth builds i see online? They follow someone and suddenly have a ton of malice/passively regen it really fast and then hit for like 22k.

He keeps hinting at it but not explaining. Rifle projectile fire in a straight line. at 1200/1500(kneeling) range they simply fizzle out and disappear. so their max range is 1500.

Ranger longbow however, the arrows 'arc' to their location, and only disappear once they hit terrain. on flat ground they will fall at a 1500 distance, but if the ranger has the high ground, the arrows will continue falling down and forward for a longer distance, allowing them to hit target from sometimes 1700/1800 range.

Why don't they make the bullets do the same then? Sounds a bit unfair. Does it also really matter that much? Sounds like they become inacurate after they drop off. Doesn't deadeye do the whole sniping in WvW thing better?

BTW hows this? http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAUVnsMB1FjlOBOOBUGjFYCbLQtcGU8HzmZ1ULBEAyAA-jFSBQBL4IAcl9HAwDA4BXAgEq+T+OEgugMq8zkKBnHEAsoAWVpoUFA-w

that video is not for sniping. the build is designed to oneshot people with a malicious backstab or Deaths judgement. many in there died from the opening burst but well thats just them being bad.if you want to build for sniping from higher ground BQoBK is way better then M7 and you wont need SA. so either DE+CS+TR or DE+DA+TR or DE+CS+DA but neither SA nor Acro as you wont benefit from them if your defense is allready covered by terrain choice

@Ustaf.2953 said:

@"DAANHHH.4617" said:

Ok now i am confused.

Elevation doesn’t matter, the Ranger Longbow is just blatantly further Range on any elevation than a Deadeye Rifle Kneeling.

Link to thread that shows from Higher/Lower/Equal Elevation, note even the “1200” Range skill on Ranger LB hits for further than DE 1500 Skills.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/20387/thief-1500-rifle-range-and-ranger-1500-lb-range-video-evidence-now-included/p1

How is this build? Perma stealth with crit http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAU4ansMB1FjlOBOOBUGjlhCjLAsAqA8hyT5rcbLVa6SA-jVSBQBUS9nrs/gJVCmRlfP4CAAgHAwCOIA57IAgHdDBAOAO/8Mv5Bnf+5nf+518M/8mf+5nHA-w

I feel like i still need M7 to be able to spam without trickery though.

Elevation doesn’t matter, the Ranger Longbow is just blatantly further Range on any elevation than a Deadeye Rifle Kneeling.

Link to thread that shows from Higher/Lower/Equal Elevation, note even the “1200” Range skill on Ranger LB hits for further than DE 1500 Skills.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/20387/thief-1500-rifle-range-and-ranger-1500-lb-range-video-evidence-now-included/p1

How come the ranges aren't listed correctly then?

@"DAANHHH.4617" said:How is this build? Perma stealth with crit http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAU4ansMB1FjlOBOOBUGjlhCjLAsAqA8hyT5rcbLVa6SA-jVSBQBUS9nrs/gJVCmRlfP4CAAgHAwCOIA57IAgHdDBAOAO/8Mv5Bnf+5nf+518M/8mf+5nHA-w

I feel like i still need M7 to be able to spam without trickery though.

How come the ranges aren't shown right then?

No one knows, we have asked clarification while tagging the relevant Devs on the subject and they avoid it like the plague, when they can just give a simple answer, but alas dead silence over multiple months.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:No one knows, we have asked clarification while tagging the relevant Devs on the subject and they avoid it like the plague, when they can just give a simple answer, but alas dead silence over multiple months.

It depends if it's something that's easy to fix. If it's something that would require ranger longbow (and presumably any other longbow skill that functions the same) to be redesigned from the ground up, I can see why they'd ignore it since it's working for the most part. It's more likely that they either don't know how to fix it without breaking the feel of longbow ranger or it's not a priority at the moment, given it's pretty easy to come out and say that the amount of work needed would be prohibitive and so far they've not said that.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:No one knows, we have asked clarification while tagging the relevant Devs on the subject and they avoid it like the plague, when they can just give a simple answer, but alas dead silence over multiple months.

It depends if it's something that's easy to fix. If it's something that would require ranger longbow (and presumably any other longbow skill that functions the same) to be redesigned from the ground up, I can see why they'd ignore it since it's working for the most part. It's more likely that they either don't know how to fix it without breaking the feel of longbow ranger or it's not a priority at the moment, given it's pretty easy to come out and say that the amount of work needed would be prohibitive and so far they've not said that.

A lot of people aren’t even looking for a fix, just an explanation, on if it’s working as intended or if it isn’t and further on if it is working as intended why the ranges don’t accurately reflect the real range on tool tips.

That build ought to work damage wise. Using a mix of zerk and valk is better than marauders for dagger offhand tho, as at present you're overstacking crit chance modifiers and missing out on power and crit damage as a result.

Working it out, you have 61% crit base, 20% from fury, 20% from kneeling, 5% and 7% from crit strikes for being above 90% health and flanking your target. That's 113% crit chance under ideal conditions, which it isn't hard to flank and be above 90% health if you play carefully. You could swap out the mara trinkets for a mix of zerker and valkyrie to your taste, keep 100% crit chance on rifle and gain around 100 power and 6% crit damage basically for free.

The other thing I'd suggest thinking about is how you use D/P. Do you plan to gank and permastealth with it? Or have a more sustained fight? If ganking, you may be better off taking an intelligence sigil over agility for the guaranteed crit, then balancing crit chance around what feels good for rifle knowing you have that guaranteed crit on backstab. If you plan to skirmish with D/P, then the extra crit chance may be better. Your choice ^^

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

A lot of people aren’t even looking for a fix, just an explanation, on if it’s working as intended or if it isn’t and further on if it is working as intended why the ranges don’t accurately reflect the real range on tool tips.

Yeah. If they came out and said it's working as intended and changed the tooltips to match the range I'd be fine with that. That said, the reason they prob don't do that is that the behaviour is unintended (even the skill icon has the out of range red line and it still hits lol) and varies with elevation (so how do you set a max range in the tooltip when it varies from 1700-2000 range depending on height?), so at best that would be them acknowledging that it's intentionally buggy which is a strange stance to take.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

Yeah. If they came out and said it's working as intended and changed the tooltips to match the range I'd be fine with that. That said, the reason they prob don't do that is that the behaviour is unintended (even the skill icon has the out of range red line and it still hits lol) and varies with elevation (so how do you set a max range in the tooltip when it varies from 1700-2000 range depending on height?), so at best that would be them acknowledging that it's intentionally buggy which is a strange stance to take.

I haven’t seen it hit any differently from varying elevations, and that was extensive testing, but yeah it would be interesting to see what they do since it’s not only the Ranger LB that behaves that way.

That build ought to work damage wise. Using a mix of zerk and valk is better than marauders for dagger offhand tho, as at present you're overstacking crit chance modifiers and missing out on power and crit damage as a result.

Working it out, you have 61% crit base, 20% from fury, 20% from kneeling, 5% and 7% from crit strikes for being above 90% health and flanking your target. That's 113% crit chance under ideal conditions, which it isn't hard to flank and be above 90% health if you play carefully. You could swap out the mara trinkets for a mix of zerker and valkyrie to your taste, keep 100% crit chance on rifle and gain around 100 power and 6% crit damage basically for free.

The other thing I'd suggest thinking about is how you use D/P. Do you plan to gank and permastealth with it? Or have a more sustained fight? If ganking, you may be better off taking an intelligence sigil over agility for the guaranteed crit, then balancing crit chance around what feels good for rifle knowing you have that guaranteed crit on backstab. If you plan to skirmish with D/P, then the extra crit chance may be better. Your choice ^^

I feel like BqObK is better for burst tbh, D/P is for permastealth really, i want to focus the build on the rifle burst from places where people can't reach me mainly.

Idk what to do about the crit chance tbh as taking other stats feels like a waste as i want to keep it kinda glass, sigil of intelligence also doesnt't matter with the current crit chances but i want to keep the build rifle focused, hmmm. Full berserk feels a bit too glass but it soulds like an option too.

@Ustaf.2953 said:

@"DAANHHH.4617" said:

Ok now i am confused.

No, their base range on flat terrain is about 1875. If they go higher they can get this range past 2500. This has been proved via videos many times over.

Archived