Ranger tracking stealthed reds

Some Call Me Tim.2319

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:So what happened? It seems my rapid fire doesn’t track someone who stealths after I start hitting him. Did I miss an announcement about this change or is it a bug?

if you move and the stealthed moves through you, you interrupt yourself.it still tracks like it used to. what exactly did happen to you that you think it doesnt anymore?

@MUDse.7623 said:

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:So what happened? It seems my rapid fire doesn’t track someone who stealths after I start hitting him. Did I miss an announcement about this change or is it a bug?

if you move and the stealthed moves through you, you interrupt yourself.it still tracks like it used to. what exactly did happen to you that you think it doesnt anymore?

Doing what I always do... rapid fire hitting a thief, he’s running away then steaths before rapid fire stops and it does NOT keep tracking/hitting like it used to.

The last three times chasing down thiefs has been the same. Soon as they stealth I stop hitting.

They did however change the functionality of the thief skill "Blinding Powder", and since the meta thieves only have that and pistol 5 + heartseeker for stealth it seems to be the culprit.

If memory serves you still get tracked while casting shadow refuge, so the cast time isn't it. It now grants stability, which might affect your tracking. Also acts as a stunbreak. Could be it somehow got the unintended "Drop Target" effect of the mesmer because it's providing both instead of the boon being what breaks the stun.

Since you seem to be familiar with how the tracking works, I don't see how it should be an issue on your end. Keep a lookout for when it happens, as I suspect it's because of the blinding powder rework.

@"rng.1024" said:They did however change the functionality of the thief skill "Blinding Powder", and since the meta thieves only have that and pistol 5 + heartseeker for stealth it seems to be the culprit.

If memory serves you still get tracked while casting shadow refuge, so the cast time isn't it. It now grants stability, which might affect your tracking. Also acts as a stunbreak. Could be it somehow got the unintended "Drop Target" effect of the mesmer because it's providing both instead of the boon being what breaks the stun.

Since you seem to be familiar with how the tracking works, I don't see how it should be an issue on your end. Keep a lookout for when it happens, as I suspect it's because of the blinding powder rework.

It can't be gaining the drop target effect of the mesmer, because rapid fire continues to track through that provided you don't retarget something else when your reticle loses the mes. I haven't had an issue tracking thieves but i'll pay more attention to see if it's happening.

@Toolbox.9375 said:Are you utilizing the combat camera mechanic that was added a little while back? That seems to override the game's targeting outside of a certain angle, for me, and may override stealth targeting entirely.

I will have to check. I haven’t made any setup changes at all so if this is an issue then it would have been turned on by ‘the game’ cause I didn’t. Next time I’m in game I’ll have a look.

Archived