Anniversary mount select liscence sale suggestion

So if I'm guessing correctly the anniversary gemstore sale should happen next month. I think that, in the middle of all the promoted items, it would be a nice move to temporarily sell a 400 gems mount select liscence, which would cover all mounts in the game except those in mount packs, limitted to one purchase per account.

It may open the way to mount liscences to some people who are currently afraid to buy them, while on the other side give the opportunity to people who already spent gems in mounts to get one particular skin they don't have yet or a skin for a mount which doesn't already have one if they were unlucky in their rng.

I'm pretty sure it would sell very well, what do you think?

“We won’t change the existing license (set one mount Adoption license) in a way that would invalidate the investment players have made”“We will not add any skins to the currently available Adoption License”https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/15523/a-message-about-the-mount-adoption-license/p1

This means it will return as it was, as an RNG License with the same skins in it. There is a small possibility for it coming back with a sale price for it eventually, but it will still be RNG. There will be no merging of Set 1 and Istani.If I could have waited to select what I wanted from set 1 for 400 gems per I would have, but I decided to invest a lot to get the skins I wanted.

I'd love to see them give MountFits the same treatment they have given to dyes or to weapon skins:

• Dyes: each birthday (starting with the 3rd), we get a pack that allows us to choose from ~100 exclusive gem shop dyes. OR
  • Skins: each birthday (starting with the 4th), we get an option for some combination of mail carrier, backpack, and weapon skins

So I wouldn't mind seeing (starting with the 6th)...

• A special MountFit (or option for a cultural one) OR
  • Some sort of select license. (probably with an account limit)

But I doubt very much if the existing MountFits will be made available for birthdays. Some people have 60+ characters and would end up unlocking too many, cutting into potential sales.

Even though I have all the Istani mounts and the Branded pack there's still 4 or 5 skins from the original set I'd buy if I could. (Banded Mystic & Stardust Jackals, Starbound griffon, Dajkah Lantern skimmer & maybe the Oceanic Ray skimmer.) But I'm not willing to buy all of the others in the original set just to get those. If they made it possible to buy them directly at 400 gems each I'd buy all of them immediately. If they cost more then I'd probably have to spread it out or just get a few, but it'd still be a sale for Anet.

But I don't think it's likely they'll do that any time soon because it would almost certainly upset the people who paid out for extra licences to try and get the ones they wanted.

I won't say it will never happen, because they've done things like that before. But I think it will be a long time - years rather than months - before they change how they're obtained. They might bring them back during the Anniversary Sale, but it would be via the original licences rather than a new method, and probably alongside all the other mounts being re-released so it doesn't have the same impact of most the currently available mounts being RNG.

@"Haleydawn.3764" said:“We won’t change the existing license (set one mount Adoption license) in a way that would invalidate the investment players have made”“We will not add any skins to the currently available Adoption License”https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/15523/a-message-about-the-mount-adoption-license/p1

This means it will return as it was, as an RNG License with the same skins in it. There is a small possibility for it coming back with a sale price for it eventually, but it will still be RNG. There will be no merging of Set 1 and Istani.If I could have waited to select what I wanted from set 1 for 400 gems per I would have, but I decided to invest a lot to get the skins I wanted.

Well I understand your point of view, but excuse me, the idea of a promotion is that the people who buy the item outside the promotion will pay a higher price for the same thing... That's true for absolutely every item they could put on sale ^^'

And I know the set 1 will remain rng, I just thought it might be nice to have just that one opportunity to pick a specific mount. That's why I suggested to limit it to one per account. Also, the anniversary promotions only last 1 or 2 days per item if I recall correctly. Though if this really is a problem I suppose we could limit it to Istani Isles...

People who already bought all the mounts probably didn't pay 1200 gems for each of them... Every mount they have cost them 400 gems, so that would not change anything for them. It would just be an opportunity to start or complete their collection to people who don't have all of them. It would also allow people who were unlucky and got several skins for the same mount to make sure they will receive a skin for a mount that doesn't already have one.

If, and that's a big if, they decided to bypass RNG on the original Mount Skins, it would not be an offer of acquiring one at 400 Gems; it would be 1200 Gems, just like the Istani Isles Mount Skins. They'd probably make just as much, if not more, money doing so. (Many players would like the ability to acquire that one, or two, skin(s) they'd want from that packs sans RNG.)

Good luck.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:If, and that's a big if, they decided to bypass RNG on the original Mount Skins, it would not be an offer of acquiring one at 400 Gems; it would be 1200 Gems, just like the Istani Isles Mount Skins. They'd probably make just as much, if not more, money doing so. (Many players would like the ability to acquire that one, or two, skin(s) they'd want from that packs sans RNG.)

Good luck.

I can't imagine them selling mount skins for 400 gems either.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I'd love to see them give MountFits the same treatment they have given to dyes or to weapon skins:

• Dyes: each birthday (starting with the 3rd), we get a pack that allows us to choose from ~100 exclusive gem shop dyes. OR
  • Skins: each birthday (starting with the 4th), we get an option for some combination of mail carrier, backpack, and weapon skins

So I wouldn't mind seeing (starting with the 6th)...

• A special MountFit (or option for a cultural one) OR
  • Some sort of select license. (probably with an account limit)

But I doubt very much if the existing MountFits will be made available for birthdays. Some people have 60+ characters and would end up unlocking too many, cutting into potential sales.

They could award it as an achievement reward. That would only get you one license. That's what they do with the titles already.

@sorudo.9054 said:well, a birthday exclusive skin for mounts would be nice, maybe ether a one time thing for all mounts or every 6th but only one mount skin.

As someone who has played the game since launch, I would absolutely love to see an exclusive mount skin included as a 6th year birthday gift.

That said, can you imagine the outcry from new players (many of whom came to the game after PoF launched) if they were to see this really cool looking mount skin and then were told they had to wait upwards of five years to get it?

@Tainted Outcome.7481 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:well, a birthday exclusive skin for mounts would be nice, maybe ether a one time thing for all mounts or every 6th but only one mount skin.

As someone who has played the game since launch, I would absolutely love to see an exclusive mount skin included as a 6th year birthday gift.

That said, can you imagine the outcry from new players (many of whom came to the game after PoF launched) if they were to see this really cool looking mount skin and then were told they had to wait upwards of five years to get it?

that's nothing, what about ppl who just join up and get a precursor while someone who has played for about 6 years never ever had even one, now that's unfair.

@Tainted Outcome.7481 said:That said, can you imagine the outcry from new players (many of whom came to the game after PoF launched) if they were to see this really cool looking mount skin and then were told they had to wait upwards of five years to get it?

I think there'd be more of an outcry from players who haven't bought and do not intend to buy PoF. That's why I don't think a mount skin is likely to show up in a birthday gift, unfortunately.

Archived