Telegraph while stealthed?

circuitnerd.5863

I've been trying to use the stealth skill for Thief on rifle called Death's Judgement. But literally every single time I go to use it, the person dodges at EXACTLY the right moment. Yet I am stealthed. I can be in stealth for 2 seconds before using it or 10 seconds. So it's always random when I'm going to use the skill. Yet literally each time it misses due to them dodging. Is there some sort of telegraph that they can see despite me being in stealth? I am super confused at this point. No one has that kind of luck.

The red line and sound is usually a pretty obvious tell... The speed of the projectile is fairly slow too so easy to see.

I dont know if its still possible, but previously the leet thieves abused action cam to get around this by free-firing DJ (ie aim and shoot with no target), that gives no tell but is easy to miss unless the target is stationary.

you get revealed at the beginning of the cast, a laser appears between your rifle and your opponent and there is a loud ingame sound that will overwrite anything else. so yeah this skill is pretty obvious.you can still hide the laser with action cam. shooting out of the opponents FoV with action cam still leads them to not reacting in most cases as many wont react to the sound without the laser.

@MUDse.7623 said:you get revealed at the beginning of the cast, a laser appears between your rifle and your opponent and there is a loud ingame sound that will overwrite anything else. so yeah this skill is pretty obvious.you can still hide the laser with action cam. shooting out of the opponents FoV with action cam still leads them to not reacting in most cases as many wont react to the sound without the laser.

Especially those of us who cannot use game sound. The action-cam version of this is 100% unavoidable from stealth. Therefore it is broken, you should never be forced to rely on audio cues (deaf people do play this game, after all).

@BlueMelody.6398 said:

@MUDse.7623 said:you get revealed at the beginning of the cast, a laser appears between your rifle and your opponent and there is a loud ingame sound that will overwrite anything else. so yeah this skill is pretty obvious.you can still hide the laser with action cam. shooting out of the opponents FoV with action cam still leads them to not reacting in most cases as many wont react to the sound without the laser.

Especially those of us who cannot use game sound. The action-cam version of this is 100% unavoidable from stealth. Therefore it is broken, you should never be forced to rely on audio cues (deaf people do play this game, after all).

I bet I can count on one hand per server all the times that an action-cam DJ has been successful. This is not broken.

Your character also says "position aquired"... So even if you're in stealth, someone playing with the game sounds on can still hear you nearby....

Not only that but as people play the game more and fight more stealth, people learn how to react accordingly based off the rotastions that most players do and that's wait until the end of stealth before re-engaging, which is only 2-3s after the initial stealth.

Archived