Is mining pick of bounty working right?

Just realized these existed recently, and since I am farming for metals for a legendary, thought it would save me some trouble.

I burned through two of them without EVER getting an extra strike. That's 50 hits per pick. (Afterward I only had 72 platinum in my bag, but suppose it's possible I deposited at some point without remembering that.)

Weirdly enough, while it is equipped, even though I am getting no extra metals, my permanent axe with leatherworker's glyph is throwing extra logs at me like crazy.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" I thought the extra strikes still count against the use-count of the tool. The key is that you get more strikes per node rather than more strikes per tool. But I might be wrong on that.

No, you're right. That was not the issue, though. Still, I was keeping count at first by watching the little images scroll down the side rather than counting the actual inventory, so it's possible that misrepresented the number of strikes I was actually getting. In any case, as I said, everything was normal after relogging.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" I thought the extra strikes still count against the use-count of the tool. The key is that you get more strikes per node rather than more strikes per tool. But I might be wrong on that.

That is correct but I think a better way to phrase that is

The key is that you get more strikes per node rather than more items per strike.

and it does not work on rich nodes

Archived