Please don't devalue "The Blazing Light" title (killing Liadri)

It's the hardest challenge I came across in all my gw2 experience (harder that both raid and fractal cm) and on top of that, it couldn't be sold.Now with Elite Specs and newfound powercreep, it could be done much more easily, so please, if you consider to bring it back with next week's release, do so with new mechanics and ESPECIALLY a new title, leave old title for those who earned it back then when core class and old powercreep were the only option.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"MithranArkanere.8957" said:Why don't you try to stop the dawn next?

All achievements and titles devalue over time, as more and more people manage to get them, with or without new specializations and balance changes, it will happen.

It happens because nobody do anything to avoid it (like a proper balancing of new specializations in case of raids) but it's different here, if more people would manage to get this title, it would be fine, nothing to complain but here the point is that the great majority of them would manage to get it ONLY by using new specializations and it's not fair at all toward those who spent tons of time and energy attempting to get it in the old days.

There's nothing that will ever stop that.

There could be, it's called "Anet's Intervention".I agree with OP here, and it's not hard to do so: make a new title for beating Liadri from now on (as OP said) or forbid the use of elite specs in the Liadri fight.Just look at all the fuss raiders do when people exploit a glitch to get cm kills, they even convinced anet to make a brand new title for W4 cm for that reason; sadly raids still follow that rule you said about "titles devaluing over time" no matter what (due to the introduction of new specializations and raising powercreep) but here there's still something that can be done to prevent that.

That achievement is already worthless. It was easily exploited and how to do it was regularly posted during its second release. Also, everything can be bought, including solo-only achievements.

"Light Up the Darkness" (hit Liadri 8 times with the orbs) was the "challenge mode" Liadri kill achievement.

@"Zaraki.5784" said:It's the hardest challenge I came across in all my gw2 experience (harder that both raid and fractal cm) and on top of that, it couldn't be sold.Now with Elite Specs and newfound powercreep, it could be done much more easily, so please, if you consider to bring it back with next week's release, do so with new mechanics and ESPECIALLY a new title, leave old title for those who earned it back then when core class and old powercreep were the only option.

GL with that sadly though I totally agree.......They recycled EVERYTHING in GW1 for latecomers eventually. And have pretty much done so in 2 now or close to it even titles. They bring boss week back and the witch hat from Mad King S1 (gave S1 title out last halloween "emmisary of") then the celebration cap will be all that's left sacred for those of us that were there. Let's hope they respect a few things held sacred. We'll see!!! By all means bring back old S1 events, but make different rewards for them, just not the same titles, items etc as S1.P.S. If you lost your cap after wardrobe change or anything else from S1 ANET is quick to replace it when you submit a ticket.

@Susy.7529 said:

@"MithranArkanere.8957" said:Why don't you try to stop the dawn next?

All achievements and titles devalue over time, as more and more people manage to get them, with or without new specializations and balance changes, it will happen.

It happens because nobody do anything to avoid it (like a proper balancing of new specializations in case of raids) but it's different here, if more people would manage to get this title, it would be fine, nothing to complain but here the point is that the great majority of them would manage to get it ONLY by using new specializations and it's not fair at all toward those who spent tons of time and energy attempting to get it in the old days.

There's nothing that will ever stop that.

There could be, it's called "Anet's Intervention".I agree with OP here, and it's not hard to do so: make a new title for beating Liadri from now on (as OP said) or forbid the use of elite specs in the Liadri fight.Just look at all the fuss raiders do when people exploit a glitch to get cm kills, they even convinced anet to make a brand new title for W4 cm for that reason; sadly raids still follow that rule you said about "titles devaluing over time" no matter what (due to the introduction of new specializations and raising powercreep) but here there's still something that can be done to prevent that.

You want more elitism? I want less.

Idk really, i got the mini already, which is the best imo, but still dont have the title (which is only possible if you killed her back in the first queens gauntlet when there was no title achiev and never again).

Im happy to be able to go there once again, i like that zone a lot, and i really think they should leave that fight as it was. We are super power creeped anyways, its not like something any spellbreaker wouldnt be able to do nowadays... it will arise more and more problems if every single one who experienced the same fight back in the day sees it as super smooth now.

people who have titles or gear because of "prestige" will always lose out in the long term. The "prestige" never lasts. Instead put value on the effort you personally put into things, and use titles and cosmetics that personally you like, rather than worrying about being a part of some prestige club. Just like GW1 how many dorks do you see running around with blindfolds, chaos gloves, and black dyed obsidian armor? They look obnoxious and only wear it because they think it's somehow prestigious but you can fill a wall of shame with those clowns.

@"Devildoc.6721" said:people who have titles or gear because of "prestige" will always lose out in the long term. The "prestige" never lasts. Instead put value on the effort you personally put into things, and use titles and cosmetics that personally you like, rather than worrying about being a part of some prestige club. Just like GW1 how many dorks do you see running around with blindfolds, chaos gloves, and black dyed obsidian armor? They look obnoxious and only wear it because they think it's somehow prestigious but you can fill a wall of shame with those clowns.

"Temporary Prestige" is the only good one, it keeps the need for new content, and prevents people from sitting on their laurels basking over past glory, without really taking anything away from anyone.

"What have you done lately?" is the question to be made.

sigh Here we go again. And a preemptive strike, no less. Didn’t we learn during the re-release of the wizard’s hat that it’s not nice to arbitrarily exclude players from things?

In the other thread,

@Overlord RainyDay.2084 said:Hopefully the sovereign weapons are also coming back so I can finally get my hands on that shield.

I have the sovereign dagger, and, sure, enjoyed some “prestige” for a time. But I am 100% in favor of other players being allowed the opportunity to obtain these skins as well.

What's the point of being selfish over a title in a video game? Use items/titles/whatever because you LIKE them, not because of their imaginary value. I'm always happy when Anet brings back old things and new people get a chance to earn them (like they did with season1 rewards).

@Algreg.3629 said:I think pride should rather be something about your own feelings on your accomplishments and less about the perception of others.

Exactly. If you only value your accomplishment because of how it relates to other people (less people have it, others envy you, etc.) then I think you're doing it for the wrong reasons. If it was challenging for you to do but you still did it, that should make you proud regardless of whether other people also do it.

If you're going to have a different title, you'd better take off all the people who exploited it with life steal mechanics and all the other exploity ways to get it. The title has no value now. No one I know is impressed by the title in the first place, so I'm not really understanding the post. If you're getting titles because you think they have value or impress people, you're quite probably mistaken.

@"Zaraki.5784" said:It's the hardest challenge I came across in all my gw2 experience (harder that both raid and fractal cm)Yep, that lifesteal trick was soo hard [/sarcasm]Seriously, it might have been hard the first time (mostly due to the camera), but the second time around was much, much easier.

Also, you seriously underestimate the builds of that time.

Reference video:

See how most of the difficulty has nothing to do with build whatsoever. Warrior of that time was already good enough to burst her down in seconds, it was the orbs and positioning that were the main problem.

How does doing it with an elite spec devalue it any more than people whose favourite profession made it easier for them, or people who glitched it so two of them were doing it together, or used other glitches to beat her?

I've got the title (and the mini pet) and until I got Light In The Darkness (which suits my character better) it was the title I used most. Partially because it fit the theme of my main character, but also because I was so pleased I finally managed to beat her. It must have taken me hundreds of attempts - I was doing it constantly the entire time the Gauntlet was available, both times, adjusting my build and practicing the timing until I finally managed it.

And you know what? I didn't care that other people had an easier time doing it, or used glitches. I didn't care that my friend got it on her 2nd attempt. And I won't care that some people will get it using elite specs. The important thing is that I was able to do it using my chosen profession. I wasn't doing it to be better than anyone else, I was doing it to beat the challenge the game had set me.

@Ziooo.8932 said:Idk really, i got the mini already, which is the best imo, but still dont have the title (which is only possible if you killed her back in the first queens gauntlet when there was no title achiev and never again).

Im happy to be able to go there once again, i like that zone a lot, and i really think they should leave that fight as it was. We are super power creeped anyways, its not like something any spellbreaker wouldnt be able to do nowadays... it will arise more and more problems if every single one who experienced the same fight back in the day sees it as super smooth now.

But I didn't manage to beat her until the 2nd time around and I've got the mini and the title. Are you sure you're not thinking of another title?

I'm looking forward to having another crack at her, I didn't have much time to try the first and second time so only had about 5 attempts.

I'll be delighted to have another chance (delighted to have the festival back too!) and hope that ArenaNet don't listen to those who want to deny others a chance to do what they did. I'm sure they won't.

Archived