Sw/d or d/d

Spasticlese.2358

I run D/D-S/SH in WvW.

It has really strong non-f1 bursts (dagger 3/4 and sword 3), that way I can concentrate on my F1's just connecting and not really being the main burst. I usually lead with dagger F1 or FC into a dagger 3/4 combo, and then if necessary finish with a Shield bash and Final Thrust. Good mobility with 3 leaps, two reflect (with traited shield), and high single target damage.

Negatives are really short range, and low cleave potential. I run it mostly roaming and small group with some backline diving in zergs to burst priority targets.

@sneakytails.5629 said:I run D/D-S/SH in WvW.

It has really strong non-f1 bursts (dagger 3/4 and sword 3), that way I can concentrate on my F1's just connecting and not really being the main burst. I usually lead with dagger F1 or FC into a dagger 3/4 combo, and then if necessary finish with a Shield bash and Final Thrust. Good mobility with 3 leaps, two reflect (with traited shield), and high single target damage.

Negatives are really short range, and low cleave potential. I run it mostly roaming and small group with some backline diving in zergs to burst priority targets.

Interested to try and run SB in WvW without the mobility of GS. What traits/gear you use with this?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJEQRAoY8enk6CdeglhAWhAciglrATJHk4qBIBgEQBAfDPiPxA-jVCHQBcY/hnoEMM6Ho3JAQkPAAAcEAc2BBAIK/kn6PBAQAuZb2mtZwNv5Nv5NvZt5Nv5Nv5Nv5Nv5NLFQVS2A-w

This is currently what I am running right now. I use Destruction of the Empowered because the Dagger 3/4 combo can be used at the very beginning of a fight (when you have not really stripped a lot of boons) if your target lacks a lot of stability, so things like Necros and Thieves are good targets for this. The extra damage is nice to have, I find I can drop enemies just using one dagger 3/4 combo if everything goes right. You dont really need DotE though, your choice.

Sigil of Severance is the important part of the Dagger 3/4 combo along with the Trait Sun and Moon Style, main hand dagger provides the interrupt and procs the extra damage buff and quickness while offhand dagger drops the target hitting harder and faster.

Its still possible to get kited pretty hard due to the short range weapon sets and AOE damage is a lot more dangerous too because you have to get so close to your targets.

Its not meta, but I find it fun to play.

Here's what I've been using the past few days since this post: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR8YnMdAFegldAu6CkigFiAzIAEB6Z4B5i8TW5LM9mCA-jVCFQBFS9nKqEEJ7PKFWwFAwJKxQwRAAAPEAEqsIN6eID

Sw/d is providing huge bursts and between sword, greatsword, bulls charge and rampage you have tons of mobility. Magebane tether allows for tons of might and the pull plays into dagger 4 and final thrust. Plus with all the might and signet of stamina you have tons of dodges. You also have good resistance uptime and a total Condi cleanse. Only one stunbreak but the dodges can make up for it. Very high risk high reward in my opinion.

@"Spasticlese.2358" said:Here's what I've been using the past few days since this post: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR8YnMdAFegldAu6CkigFiAzIAEB6Z4B5i8TW5LM9mCA-jVCFQBFS9nKqEEJ7PKFWwFAwJKxQwRAAAPEAEqsIN6eID

Sw/d is providing huge bursts and between sword, greatsword, bulls charge and rampage you have tons of mobility. Magebane tether allows for tons of might and the pull plays into dagger 4 and final thrust. Plus with all the might and signet of stamina you have tons of dodges. You also have good resistance uptime and a total Condi cleanse. Only one stunbreak but the dodges can make up for it. Very high risk high reward in my opinion.

id swap stamina sigil with shake it off, more cleanse and optional as a second or eventually third stunbreakdodges should still be more than enough

Archived