Character swapping during a server que....

sneakytails.5629

So last night on TC there was a que for the 4-5 hours that I was on that night, this usually does not happen on a weeknight.

Its great to see active nights again, however there is a problem for me, I have around 5-7 characters in rotation, they each have a specific look, name, and build. I am finding that its impossible to switch characters at times.

I only see this problem getting more pronounced when the new alliance system comes and the activity will most likely pick up drastically, so I feel that this will be the new rule and not the exception going forward.

Personally I feel we should be able to switch characters and builds right from our spawn location, that functionality should be built into WvW.

Since that is not currently possible, I will have to manually upgrade a character of each class to all of the specs and keep all of the gear in my stash and not on any characters. That way when I really need to change builds and gear for certain situations I will not be "locked out" due to a que.

I know I am not the only one who has unique characters with specific builds, so this cant be just my problem.

Then again it might be more common in PvE.

So what do you guys think?

Have you ever been locked out of character swapping due to a que?, should we be able to swap characters and builds while on a map?

Pre plan. If your group comp is that vital, I can't imagine there will be that much variability. Let's see: FB, Scourge.. then. Oh yeah, weaver this week. After that...

But your class switch shouldn't take priority over someone else in Queue.

Builds? Can be done now. If you don't have the gear for it, don't switch.

If you're on a queued map and can swap chars, you'd have no need to leave the map, making queues more obnoxious than they already are.

However, while you're on non-queued map/outside of wvw, queue position shouldn't reset when you swap chars.

Problematic situations would be switching between two queued maps or your current map becoming full before you managed to swap chars.

One of the solutions could be having a "character swap" option when map is available to join. That way you can only swap chars for different maps.

I think it's a bad idea. If you like moving from a dps role to a support role, you should play a class that can do that with spec change and gear swaps.

If your idea became reality, you'd see 10 man queues lasting 30+ minutes. 20 man queues lasting hours. Because no one would have to leave wvw allowing someone in queue to get in.

If you just like swapping classes all the time, I'd recommend stopping that habit. You'll be a jack of all trades at one point but master of nothing. It's better to have 1k hours on 1 class than 200 hours on 5 classes.

Almost every class can do both dps and support now. Gear out one for every role you wanna play so you never have to swap.

If your class cant do both then think about playing a class that can.

Only classes that come to mind that cant do a noticeable support role are engi, thief, and necro. Even scourges can poo out some crazy barriers but why have a barrier bot scourge when you can have a condibomber.

@Remix.2086 said:I think it's a bad idea. If you like moving from a dps role to a support role, you should play a class that can do that with spec change and gear swaps.

If your idea became reality, you'd see 10 man queues lasting 30+ minutes. 20 man queues lasting hours. Because no one would have to leave wvw allowing someone in queue to get in.

If you just like swapping classes all the time, I'd recommend stopping that habit. You'll be a jack of all trades at one point but master of nothing. It's better to have 1k hours on 1 class than 200 hours on 5 classes.

Almost every class can do both dps and support now. Gear out one for every role you wanna play so you never have to swap.

If your class cant do both then think about playing a class that can.

Only classes that come to mind that cant do a noticeable support role are engi, thief, and necro. Even scourges can poo out some crazy barriers but why have a barrier bot scourge when you can have a condibomber.

and if you play long enough like I do, instead of 1k hours on one and 200 on all you end up with 3k on your main and about 1k on the rest lol

so by your logic, IM A MASTER OF ALL AND A JACK OF NONE.

anyway, carry on :lol:

(I'd be happy to keep queue n all that jazz, I actively play over 30 characters.)

Archived